New Puppet idea

New Puppet idea

Walter
Walter

April 14th, 2012, 10:09 am #1

Watched the Jeff Dunham DVD's recently again. My favorite part is where Peanuts hair falls off and how Jeff is reacting on this.
Wouldn't it be nice to have a puppet where on any chosen moment a arm or leg falls off, hair comes loose a eyeball pops out or tongue falls out of it's mouth...
It would be great for a slapstick kind of routine.

crazy chris
crazy chris

April 14th, 2012, 12:19 pm #2

GREAT IDEA!!

You could even incorporate it with a song...like

"Everytime you go...you take a piece of me"

cc

Suzie
Suzie

April 14th, 2012, 2:21 pm #3

Watched the Jeff Dunham DVD's recently again. My favorite part is where Peanuts hair falls off and how Jeff is reacting on this.
Wouldn't it be nice to have a puppet where on any chosen moment a arm or leg falls off, hair comes loose a eyeball pops out or tongue falls out of it's mouth...
Oh my Gosh! I saw that Blooper Clip. Figurin' it was truly a Blooper?
But, Oh my Gosh! Had me bustin' at the seams. Oh, how we feel sorry for anyone or anything in pain? Poor Peanut! I just loved that clip!
The puppet and Jeff working together was just crazy fun!
Oh, Gang...Check out Axtell Magic Moments. When Nina Conti' tries to get her hand deep inside the World's Oldest Man's Head. It was so...funny. Something like that could be worked into a skit too. I have small hands too. My poor puppets go through this stuff everytime I use them, I just try not to let it show. {:->
But, it would be awesome, if Ax would come up with a puppet that just goes to pieces without warning. You'd kind of expect it, but you wouldn't really have any idea what was going to fall off or out. You's have to go with it.
Our luck he would have one, the more you tried to fix the worse it got. Until finally you'd just have to start from scratch and put it back together. Hopefully correctly.
This Forum is so much fun. The ideas that come out of here are priceless!

Tony Borders
Tony Borders

April 14th, 2012, 2:33 pm #4

My vote would be for the neurotic rat. Clothes wouldn't get in the way. And it would be an easy custom job, I imagine. I believe Sonshine Puppets makes a devil whose limbs pull off. There are vents who have created hard figures where they can secretly release a catch and a limb will fall off.

April 14th, 2012, 2:35 pm #5

I've got an Axtell Bald Eagle with a toupee that keeps falling off. We try various replacements - throughout the show... very funny.

crazy chris
crazy chris

April 14th, 2012, 8:35 pm #6

Fred the fried chicken would be cool if you could pull the drumsticks off...lol

cc

April 14th, 2012, 8:53 pm #7

I made a break-apart tuxedo for my Fried Chicken (Morris the Turkey) so he comes out as a fully feathered turkey in a tux. When the tux comes off, all that's left is Naked Cooked Turkey.

It's not a break-apart puppet but the performance concept is related.

CHRIS, it might be cool to munch on a drumstick later in the bit.

Last edited by PetraPuppets on April 14th, 2012, 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

crazy chris
crazy chris

April 14th, 2012, 11:05 pm #8

I LOVE IT STEVE!!!

GREAT CONCEPT!!

cc

April 15th, 2012, 5:30 am #9

I know that I'm not right here, but if I had a breakaway puppet...I'd make him a leper.

Suzie
Suzie

April 15th, 2012, 9:38 am #10

Luke 15.2 The Pharisees and Scribes would be grumbling and saying "This Fellow welcomes sinners and eats with them."
Matthew 18.14 Your Father in heaven is not willing that any of these little ones should be lost.
I agree with you Super Rog. Having a break away leper puppet is just not right. Although You could still hang with him. That would be cool.