Markers for Drawing Board UK

Markers for Drawing Board UK

Mr Crappy Artist
Mr Crappy Artist

April 9th, 2012, 4:30 pm #1

HI ALL, whats the best dry marker ( Black Cheisel ) to use with the drawing board that can be purchased in the UK?

Thanks
Mr Crappy Artist

Tony Borders
Tony Borders

April 10th, 2012, 12:18 am #2

Are you saying that you cannot get the Expo Low Odor, or the Expo2 markers? Those are what are recommended in the USA, but may not be OK for UK.

Ax
Ax

April 10th, 2012, 3:53 am #3

HI ALL, whats the best dry marker ( Black Cheisel ) to use with the drawing board that can be purchased in the UK?

Thanks
Mr Crappy Artist
If you can't find the Expo Low Odor Markers, or Expo 2... I have heard these work well with the board, but other users. Ax

http://www.essexstationery.co.uk/pens-p ... 22616.html

Mr Crappy Artist
Mr Crappy Artist

April 11th, 2012, 8:08 pm #4

Thanks
Mr Crappy Artist
Link doesnt work

Mr Crappy Artist
Mr Crappy Artist

April 11th, 2012, 8:10 pm #5

Thanks
Mr Crappy Artist
I was told not to use the EXPO ( original version ) as you need to use the EXPO2 version, I cant find the expo2 in the UK

What pen can I buy from Staples in the UK that will work with the board?

Ax
Ax

April 12th, 2012, 3:35 am #6

Thanks
Mr Crappy Artist
Sorry about that link. The alternative markers are PaperMate White Board Markers - Dry Wipe Low Odour Chisel.

You are correct... do NOT use the original EXPO markers. They are Keytone base and will stain the plastic.
The Expo Low Odor or Expo2 are Alcohol based and will work fine.

The PaperMate mentioned above have been tested by some of our UK customers. Ax

Tony Borders
Tony Borders

April 12th, 2012, 4:24 am #7

Thanks
Mr Crappy Artist
Another option is to go to a poster or picture frame shop and get a denser piece of plastic. Try not to get one that is thicker, as that will effect the smoothness of the controls because of the extra pressure. But if you can get one the same thickness with a denser plastic it should use the original Expo marker better.

April 13th, 2012, 5:56 pm #8

Thanks
Mr Crappy Artist
Test first.... Most plastics do not erase well.

April 13th, 2012, 7:05 pm #9

Thanks
Mr Crappy Artist
Is there a customs issue getting markers from the US - liquid contents?