items to sale?

items to sale?

Tony Borders
Tony Borders

May 1st, 2010, 5:00 pm #1

Occasionally I have an opportunity to set up a table at the back of the audience for after show sales. I tried the DVD route and found it unrewarding. I would love to get input from others on what might sell.

I also would like to know of a place anyone recommends for getting 8 x 10 photos reproduced (110 pound paper stock, most likely). I think the photos would sell well if I could keep the initial cost low.

I did alright selling magic tricks from the Dollar Tree. Buy them for a dollar and sell them for three, but they are in all the Dollar Trees on a regular basis now.

My ultimate goal is to make a CD of skits recorded live, with audience laughter, etc.

Travis H
Travis H

May 1st, 2010, 9:48 pm #2

I loved these when I was a kid... I see them range in price from $1-5, depending on the name.

http://www.squirmle.net/

May 2nd, 2010, 10:07 pm #3

Occasionally I have an opportunity to set up a table at the back of the audience for after show sales. I tried the DVD route and found it unrewarding. I would love to get input from others on what might sell.

I also would like to know of a place anyone recommends for getting 8 x 10 photos reproduced (110 pound paper stock, most likely). I think the photos would sell well if I could keep the initial cost low.

I did alright selling magic tricks from the Dollar Tree. Buy them for a dollar and sell them for three, but they are in all the Dollar Trees on a regular basis now.

My ultimate goal is to make a CD of skits recorded live, with audience laughter, etc.
Great site for childrens ventertainers myself included its got so much to offer

Donald Woodford
Donald Woodford

May 6th, 2010, 4:01 pm #4

Tony,
you might want to check with Clinton Detwiler. He is offering "Smiley Face" Pocket Puppets. He's offering at 75 cent each plus shipping. One vent is selling them for $3.

http://www.ventdj.blogspot.com/

Donald

Neale Bacon
Neale Bacon

May 7th, 2010, 3:59 pm #5

I have been planning recording a cd of stories (fairy tales and folk tales) for a sale item. CD is much easier to produce than a dvd, although these days I wonder if kids would sit and just listen like we used to do to story records?

Dwayne Foster
Dwayne Foster

May 7th, 2010, 4:16 pm #6

Hi! My phone number is 800-521-0354 Ext 23. I work for a printing and publishing company and I would love to try to make you a great deal on photographs, posters, prints on canvas and ect. I will make special rates to Steve Axtell's customers. Just say you are calling about the Axtell post on printing. My name is Dwayne! Have a great weekend folks!

Tony Borders
Tony Borders

May 7th, 2010, 4:23 pm #7

Thanks for the ideas, folks! I also want to make a CD of bedtime stories by Gladly the Cross-Eyed Bear. I tried the DVD route, but it didn't work as well as I'd hoped. The DVD was fine, but people are just inundated with them and I had to charge $10 when they could go to Wal-mart and pick up a movie for that or less.

Dwayne Foster
Dwayne Foster

May 7th, 2010, 4:32 pm #8

I just spoke with my print manager and these are what we can do for you.
100 8 x 10 color photos with your name and contact info on the bottom for $45.00
100 8 x 10 Black and white photos with name and contact info on the bottom for $35.00

If you meantion Steve Axtell we will also throw in free shipping as long as it is in the U.S. Just send us your picture in JPEG and high resolution for best results with your name and contact info. Turn around time is usually 14 days or less.

This would be on 110 pound paper.

We also do stickers, posters, banners and more. I will help anyone the best way that I can.

Thanks,
Dwayne

Tony Borders
Tony Borders

May 7th, 2010, 5:40 pm #9

Thanks for the offer on the photos. However, I am looking for a company that prints something that is similar to a photo, but is not an actual photo. The cost goes way down. For example, a one sided flyer on 100 pound paper.

May 7th, 2010, 5:56 pm #10

Neale the storytime dvd that you are producing will it be in vent skit, routine, diologue or just storytime and how much will you be charging???