HOLIDAY SHOW IDEAS - Axtell Products

HOLIDAY SHOW IDEAS - Axtell Products

October 5th, 2008, 2:41 pm #1

I'm putting together ideas for the next newsletter for Holiday Show ideas with our products. Help me out.

HALLOWEEN

We have an AxTrax "Houdini" routine which is often a Halloween theme.

Also we have a Frankenstein routine for the MDB (not an axtrax).

"Boo! Halloween Safety Show" AxTrax Wide-Open routine for use with any Puppet

Jack-O-Lantern Puppet

THANKSGIVING

Turkey Puppet
Fred the Fried Chicken as a cooked "Thanksgiving Turkey"

CHRISTMAS

Holiday Turkey Puppet
Fred the Fried Chicken as a cooked "Christmas Turkey"
An AxTrax called "I Love Christmas" Wide open for Any Puppet (Gospel)
AxTrax "Jingle Bells" for any puppet wide open.
Another Axtrax for the MDB called "Christmas Magic"
AxTrax for birds called "Christmas Bird"
We have a Santa puppet (Papa from the Fam) fully costumed.
Elf Puppet (Buddy from the Fam) fully costumed
Snowman Puppet

EASTER
"I Love Easter" AxTrax Wide Open (Gospel)

What else.... creative thinking and adaptation welcome!

Ax

Neale Bacon
Neale Bacon

October 5th, 2008, 4:32 pm #2

Is it on the website somewhere?

N Jay
N Jay

October 5th, 2008, 4:57 pm #3

Yes Neale if you go to the first page of the Axtell site you can click on Axtrax or his character pages...good luck.

Neale Bacon
Neale Bacon

October 5th, 2008, 5:25 pm #4

Steve said it wasn't an Axtrax script. I couldn't find it there, but will keep looking.

Tony Borders
Tony Borders

October 5th, 2008, 8:15 pm #5

You could use the Axtell mouth as step 1 in creating your own Frankenstein. But after talking to it, (it's non-stop) you decide to give up on the project.

The plant with the talking mouth could be getting ideas from watching "The Little Shop of Horrors."

The pig puppet prefers celebrating the Jewish holidays, since they don't eat pork.

The cow reminds everyone that turkey is the main dish for holidays.

The bear could be taught what Christmas is all about, since he normally sleeps through it.

The latex faces could do their best to look scary, all scrunched up.

Ron Crowley
Ron Crowley

October 5th, 2008, 9:32 pm #6

"The pig puppet prefers celebrating the Jewish holidays, since they don't eat pork."
You know..these smiles from your stuff are really appreciated.
By the way, Tony ,I'm well into my researching(robbery) of humour destined for mental depression survivors. I watched the Bi Polar Buddha today and boy the guy was right on the edge of as he wowed the audience of survivors. Funny how when you're on, you can be right on the edge of tears as the audience goes nuts!
Think I'll just print out all my research notes and start assembling a routine.Her'es one I might use..somehow..
"There was a man so imbued with science that he sent two of his kids to Sunday school and kept the other two home as controls."

Tony Borders
Tony Borders

October 6th, 2008, 3:54 am #7

"There was a man so imbued with science that he sent two of his kids to Sunday school and kept the other two home as controls."

I know that man! He was my childhoold neighbor and the control kids were in my class at school!

Tony Borders
Tony Borders

October 6th, 2008, 4:06 am #8

"I called him Dad."

or "There was a woman so imbued with science that she sent two of her kids to Sunday school and kept the other two home as controls." Her name is Queen Elizabeth.

"There was a man so imbued with science that he sent ONE of his kids to Sunday school and kept the other ONE home as controls." It was Mr. Carter. Jimmy and Billy's daddy.

"There was a man so imbued with science that he sent two of his kids to Sunday school and kept the other two home as controls." He became the nation's strongest advocate for home schooling.

There are more manic depressions in the world than people may think. The planet itself is bi-polar!

If you aren't sure whether you are bi-polar just take a look at your driver's license photo.

You can always tell a bi-polar child. They understand the song: "The people on the bus go up and down, up and down, up and down!"

The manic-depressives' theme song is "You take the high road and I'll take the low road..."

When someone is full of energy and life and has a tendency to make irrational decisions because it makes them happy we call them manic. When someone wants to spend all day in bed, doesn't feel like bathing, and can't quite make it to work we call them our brother-in-law.

Tony Borders
Tony Borders

October 6th, 2008, 3:30 pm #9

My favorite usage for the Magic Drawing Board is to show the kids how easy it is to draw Frosty the Snowman. A circle for each eye (explaining that they can trace around a cup or glass turned upside down). A dot in each eye to represent the lumps of coal. A circle for the button nose, with a few dots for the holes in the button. A line for the mouth with little half circles on each end to make it a smile. A big circle for the head (explaining that they can trace around a plate or pan). And a few more lines for the magic hat that they placed on his head.

(Then the drawing begins to talk.)

October 9th, 2008, 2:26 pm #10

Here is the link from the Magic Drawing Board Page.

http://www.axtell.com/mdbhalloween.html