Whatever Huey dad can do, I can do to!

Whatever Huey dad can do, I can do to!

Chris Doppel
Chris Doppel

October 5th, 2010, 12:20 pm #1

Seeing my two Hueys on the go, my son-Chris bought himself a 1/72 UH-1D 'Slick' kit the other month and has now decided to put his 1/48 F4-J Phantom on hold and build his Huey alongside of my 1/48 ones. He's caught up pretty quick as he is now at the point of joining the two halves together. Here's his progress as of today. He intends to do this as trials RAAF 9 Sqn 'Bushranger' A2-380 by building it OOB but moving the kit weapons back on the fuselage instead of forward. We hope you like it.

Regards

Andrew & Chris

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

October 5th, 2010, 9:59 pm #2

Nice cockpit work Chris, the Hasegawa kit is a little gem. Yours is looking good.

Ray
Missed it by that much!....

Andrew Doppel
Andrew Doppel

October 5th, 2010, 10:26 pm #3

Except that it's the Italeri version, Ray. N/M

October 6th, 2010, 2:59 am #4

Well you did not mention that in the orignal post

Ray
Missed it by that much!....

Andrew Doppel (A2)
Andrew Doppel (A2)

October 6th, 2010, 6:23 am #5

Double D'oh. I realised that after I saw post N/M

Chris Doppel
Chris Doppel

November 9th, 2010, 9:55 am #6

Seeing my two Hueys on the go, my son-Chris bought himself a 1/72 UH-1D 'Slick' kit the other month and has now decided to put his 1/48 F4-J Phantom on hold and build his Huey alongside of my 1/48 ones. He's caught up pretty quick as he is now at the point of joining the two halves together. Here's his progress as of today. He intends to do this as trials RAAF 9 Sqn 'Bushranger' A2-380 by building it OOB but moving the kit weapons back on the fuselage instead of forward. We hope you like it.

Regards

Andrew & Chris

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
Here's my 1/72 UH-1D all painted up and almost ready for gloss and decals. As mentioned I'm going to do it as RAAF weapons trials aircraft A2-380. This setup was trialled prior to the Bushranger layout.

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

I hope you like it

Chris

Antoney Wilkinson
Antoney Wilkinson

November 10th, 2010, 3:34 am #7

Chris,

Lookin the goods and in the right scale. Remember the pupil at some point in time becomes the master....

Learn all you can from the old guy and perfect it, just stay in the right scale.

Cheers and love your build,

AGW..

Andrew Doppel (A2)
Andrew Doppel (A2)

November 10th, 2010, 6:00 am #8

Thanks for the comments though Antoney, I shall pass on your comments.

Andrew

November 10th, 2010, 7:43 am #9

HELL NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) n/t

Chris Doppel
Chris Doppel

November 13th, 2010, 2:08 am #10

Regards

Andrew & Chris

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
Here's my next update-decals and detailing. I applied the decals and I had to get dad to give me a hand with some of the finer detailing but I'm doing okay otherwise I think

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Regards

Chris