TV Show - Toys - Friday 7:30pm SBS

TV Show - Toys - Friday 7:30pm SBS

February 21st, 2010, 8:56 pm #1

Saw on the TV guide yesterday that the guy from Top Gear that released the bok on Airfix, mechano etc ..the TV show starting with Airfix will be on SBS on Friday @ 7:30pm just before Hitler's bodyguard.

The sunday Sydney Herald gave it the "worst of the week"

watched my 1st episode of Top gear on Ch 9 the other week...couldnt really see all the fuss. Turned it off after about 1/2 an hour.

regards
AJ

February 21st, 2010, 10:03 pm #2

I saw that review too. I think it was tongue in cheek - the vibe was 'that bastard May gets to do whatever he wants, have huge fun doing it, and getting paid for it!'

February 22nd, 2010, 1:05 am #3

Saw on the TV guide yesterday that the guy from Top Gear that released the bok on Airfix, mechano etc ..the TV show starting with Airfix will be on SBS on Friday @ 7:30pm just before Hitler's bodyguard.

watched my 1st episode of Top gear on Ch 9 the other week...couldnt really see all the fuss. Turned it off after about 1/2 an hour.

regards
AJ
so can understand why you didn't think much of it.

February 22nd, 2010, 9:09 pm #4

That was always going to be the case.The commercial channels getting these shows is always the kiss of death.At least on SBS the commercials are less frequent and not as intrusive.

February 23rd, 2010, 5:47 am #5

It wasnt the adds..i was expecting something a bit more car related than a bunch of guys thinking they 19 year old hoons driving $100,000 mercs or volvos on ice corners etc. Its like they were trying to be like the guys from Mythbusters.

Im not a hoon head though do appreciate a nice mustang or cobra or even the sleek lines of a nice old caddilac + i like both Holden & Ford ..(hope to put on the APMA club web site soon the photos i took at Australia Day of the NRMA classic car show in Sydney) ... think i found more interest in bits & pieces i have seen on classic restos on TVS than some high priced commercial show...or have i become that old & dull that modern Tv doesnt excite me anymore..think i just heard Homer Simpson having a heart attack.... well might give the show 1 more look after the so called olympics & see if the impression is better.

February 23rd, 2010, 9:12 pm #6

A lot of the popularity of the show stems from the comic interplay between the three presenters and the ludicrous challenges they undertake....like turning a three wheeled Reliant into a space shuttle !

February 23rd, 2010, 9:23 pm #7

which is by no means a bad thing. The older series it was more about car reviews with a little bit of silly thrown in. I love the hour long specicals like the Polar trip, the trip around the USA etc.
KurtA

February 24th, 2010, 6:46 am #8

regards
AJ
I saw it several months ago, about a week after it aired in the UK.

I watched it with my Mum, who had never understood my passion for modelling, and at the end of the show she said "NOW I get it!" and she really did. It only took 50 years.

I thought it was great, and it's proven a major promotional success for Airfix - for several weeks afterward it was near impossible to buy an Airfix Spitfire in the UK (this from a modelling mate recently returned from London with the entire series on DVD)

I never saw the review mentioned so I can't comment on that!

Shane

February 26th, 2010, 3:14 am #9

regards
AJ
drivers to do the tests

February 26th, 2010, 7:25 am #10

regards
AJ
Best show, but now that WIN has it, it's on the same night as our model club meeting. 1/2 of us almost thought of flicking the model meeting. LOL

Ben.

Things that make u go HMMM!