To continue the rotary wing theme...

To continue the rotary wing theme...

Budgie
Budgie

June 6th, 2008, 3:47 am #1

This is what you can do with 1/2 a roll of Tamiya Tape. It was like opening a present at Christmas. This is the Dragon Kit so the paint scheme will hide the exagerated detail on the rivets etc.
<>
There is still a long way to go before she is finished, the Green weathered very quickly so that will tone the colours down more.
<>

Cheers
Budgie

Roger Lambert
Roger Lambert

June 6th, 2008, 4:16 am #2

Man, you've got b*lls of steel to have tackled that scheme.

Only half a roll, huh??

Cheers

Roger

June 6th, 2008, 6:40 am #3

This is what you can do with 1/2 a roll of Tamiya Tape. It was like opening a present at Christmas. This is the Dragon Kit so the paint scheme will hide the exagerated detail on the rivets etc.
<>
There is still a long way to go before she is finished, the Green weathered very quickly so that will tone the colours down more.
<>

Cheers
Budgie
on the club website Budgie. Courtesy of Dave Harmer.

http://picasaweb.google.com/ipms.queensland/RAAFHuey

HTH

Mick Drover

June 6th, 2008, 7:17 am #4

<>
<>

Cheers
Budgie
Fantastic work!!!!! I admire your commitment to get it look so nice.

Is this one of your old rides???

June 6th, 2008, 7:52 am #5

That's looks excellent, you have a lot more patience than me.

June 6th, 2008, 8:23 am #6

<>
<>

Cheers
Budgie
I thought I used a lot of masking tape!!!!!
Cheers
PJ

Roger Lambert
Roger Lambert

June 6th, 2008, 11:28 am #7

<>
<>

Cheers
Budgie
Model paints used and FS equivalents?

Cheers

Roger

Budgie
Budgie

June 6th, 2008, 2:07 pm #8

on the club website Budgie. Courtesy of Dave Harmer.

http://picasaweb.google.com/ipms.queensland/RAAFHuey

HTH

Mick Drover
(n/t)

Budgie
Budgie

June 6th, 2008, 2:26 pm #9

<>
<>

Cheers
Budgie
I did fly several sorties with 649 in the formation when we were testing the Camo hence why I've chosen to tackle it.

References:
I have an Article written by Lindsay Charman given to me by a member of the RAAF Amberley Scale Modellers Club it states:
Sand Approx FS33711
Green Approx FS34151
Tan Approx FS30252
Black.
-
Now standard Hueys were ( from plans i got at 35SQN)
Tan FS30219
Green FS34102

Hawkeye Models actually recommend
Green FS 34082

However I have copies of original Surface Finisher diagrams that state FS34102

SO WHAT DID I USE:
I went by my Photos/MK1 Eyeball and used Model Master as they had the most consistant range.

Sand FS33531? 1706
Tan FS30117 1701 (need to pink it up a bit)
Green FS34102 1713

I used this green over interior green because you can see that it weathered very quickly, and I think that is because they left the original green on those areas as is, other Green areas look to have newer paint, and my photos show some very new green next to faded green.

HTH

Bruce A
Bruce A

June 6th, 2008, 11:31 pm #10

<>
<>

Cheers
Budgie
I t will be a standout on your shelf. keep posting pics
Bruce