RAAF Super Hornet Stencils...

RAAF Super Hornet Stencils...

July 11th, 2010, 5:31 pm #1

Wondering if anyone can assist with ideas of where one can get a stencil set suitable for the RAAF machines. Said kit below is marking time awaiting a solution...

The kit I have used has some but not all I need in the colour.

Any suggestions would be welcome...

AGW..

July 12th, 2010, 3:57 am #2

yet. As far as I am aware, the kit decals need to be used in conjunction with the RAAF markings.

Unless someone else like Afterburner or similar does just the stencils separately. I'm pretty sure the markings would be as per US Navy jets as they were all produced on the same production line, and the RAAF haven't changed the jet as I'm aware.

Others may know more though.

Cheers,

Jeff M
Brisbane

July 12th, 2010, 6:12 am #3

Wondering if anyone can assist with ideas of where one can get a stencil set suitable for the RAAF machines. Said kit below is marking time awaiting a solution...

AGW..

as yet. And don't forget that the leading edge of the starboard fairing has the anti-slip walkway. I had to paint on mine.

Regards

Andrew Doppel
Assistant Moderator AMI

July 12th, 2010, 1:04 pm #4

yet. As far as I am aware, the kit decals need to be used in conjunction with the RAAF markings.

Unless someone else like Afterburner or similar does just the stencils separately. I'm pretty sure the markings would be as per US Navy jets as they were all produced on the same production line, and the RAAF haven't changed the jet as I'm aware.

Others may know more though.

Cheers,

Jeff M
Brisbane
stencils. There are several vendors on eBay with them...

July 12th, 2010, 10:56 pm #5

AGW..

The kits decals particularly being a CAG bird are not right. Some are high vis whereas others are low vis and then there are two different colours in the greys one of which is not consistent with our Rhinos...

Have found a SuperScale sheet online that I think might work so will let you know how I go.

Andrew, given we chose the same decal manufacturer for decals I think the leading edge will be the same colour. Would you mind sharing the colour and paint you used for that? Will make selection a whole heap easier for me....

Cheers,

July 13th, 2010, 7:28 am #6

Checking my instructions I used Humbrol 145 which is FS35237 which is 337 in Gunze whiuch is what use isn't it?

Regards

Andrew Doppel
Assistant Moderator AMI

July 13th, 2010, 12:45 pm #7

Gunze it is and thanks once again..

Both the Phantom and Rhino are in limbo so are focusing on the Falcon 20 and the Tiger again...

Cheers,