Quickwheel - SBS

Quickwheel - SBS

May 19th, 2010, 10:04 am #1

Hi All,

Heres a new SBS for the Quickwheel masks for 1/35th, 1/48th and 1/72nd armour road wheel. These masks produce a very crisp demarcation between road wheel and rubber.

I used QW-005 for the Tasca Sherman. Each mask is specifically designed to suit the kit and manufacturer.

1. Spray the whole wheel with White Ensign Models Tyre Black

2. When dry, place all of the road wheels into the mask.

3. Turn over and spray the road wheels. In this case a montone scheme. If doing something like a Tiger, Panzer etc, where the road wheel is 2 or 3 tone, spray all of these now.

4. Remove the wheels, turn them around and pop them back in, and spray the other side.

And your done. It took me no more then 5 minutes to do all of the road wheels for my new Tasca Sherman.

Glen

Glen Burns

Creative Models Australia
glen@creativemodels.com.au
www.creativemodels.com.au

May 19th, 2010, 10:35 am #2

May 19th, 2010, 10:38 am #3

Hi All,

Heres a new SBS for the Quickwheel masks for 1/35th, 1/48th and 1/72nd armour road wheel. These masks produce a very crisp demarcation between road wheel and rubber.

I used QW-005 for the Tasca Sherman. Each mask is specifically designed to suit the kit and manufacturer.

3. Turn over and spray the road wheels. In this case a montone scheme. If doing something like a Tiger, Panzer etc, where the road wheel is 2 or 3 tone, spray all of these now.

4. Remove the wheels, turn them around and pop them back in, and spray the other side.

And your done. It took me no more then 5 minutes to do all of the road wheels for my new Tasca Sherman.

Glen

Glen Burns

May 19th, 2010, 10:49 am #4

Hi All,

Glen

Glen Burns

x

May 19th, 2010, 10:49 pm #5

That would be the price. But it is a one time buy, and reusable many many tmes. They have been mainly marketed for those building multiples of one kit.

I certainly ont be spending over an hour to paint my road wheels anymore.

Glen

Glen Burns

May 19th, 2010, 10:58 pm #6

x
These are are made from, thick plastic with a die cut vinyl backing which is the mask for the rubber.

The hole size is made to suit the specific manufacturer and kit so the road wheels fit exactly, same as the vinyl, which also holds the road wheel in place.

Glen

Glen Burns

May 20th, 2010, 12:10 am #7

that the person this is aimed it is someone who is planning to build, say, the entire range of Tasca Shermans - in which case it would probably be money well spend, assuming it is reusable.

May 20th, 2010, 1:05 am #8

Hi All,

Glen

Glen Burns

And if you have the DML set keep one of those. I'll grab them in C'berra on Sat

Al

May 20th, 2010, 1:53 am #9

that the person this is aimed it is someone who is planning to build, say, the entire range of Tasca Shermans - in which case it would probably be money well spend, assuming it is reusable.
Yeah your pretty right there Damo. They are reusable, thats how they were designed, so theres no probs there.

Glen

Glen Burns

May 20th, 2010, 1:54 am #10

And if you have the DML set keep one of those. I'll grab them in C'berra on Sat

Al
No probs Al, Will check what I have in stock. Am reordering straight after Canberra as well. Also need to gve you a Tasca Sherman on the weekend for Ron Puttey.

Glen

Glen Burns