One of my current builds,

One of my current builds,

August 13th, 2010, 12:13 pm #1

Fairly excited about this one too. The Revell 1/48 AH-1F Cobra. I had been waiting to get my hands on this for a little while and had to start it right away.

Sorry about being slack with model posts lately. I've had too many kits that I have started and they end up just being pigs to build, so I push them to the side and start another, I really have to stop doing it.

I still have to grubby this up a bit, I've just finished the decals and I have given it a flat coat afterwards. Did a bit of pre shading and I don't know how far I should push the weathering, at this stage.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Thanks,

Ben.

Things that make u go HMMM!

Antoney Wilkinson
Antoney Wilkinson

August 13th, 2010, 5:30 pm #2

I saw one of these operating at Dayton when I was there last month. A joyride was US$450 a pop for about 20mins...

Nice to see and hear in the air.

August 13th, 2010, 8:30 pm #3

Fairly excited about this one too. The Revell 1/48 AH-1F Cobra. I had been waiting to get my hands on this for a little while and had to start it right away.

Sorry about being slack with model posts lately. I've had too many kits that I have started and they end up just being pigs to build, so I push them to the side and start another, I really have to stop doing it.

I still have to grubby this up a bit, I've just finished the decals and I have given it a flat coat afterwards. Did a bit of pre shading and I don't know how far I should push the weathering, at this stage.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Thanks,

Ben.

I'm not really into modern helicopters but I like it.

As for weathering, I'd just use the reference photo as a guide for the amount, style and placement of stains, dust, exhaust, etc. But because the base colour is pale, I reckon you'll have to be careful not to overdo it.

August 14th, 2010, 12:46 am #4

G'day Ben,

Looks superb mate! I agree with James, keep your weathering to a minimum.

How are you going to do the 'disco ball' I.R. jammer? Like modern tank periscopes, that purply pink metalic colour is a challenge. I wonder if there's a shade of women's acrylic nail polish that might do the job?

Looking forward to seeing the finished product,
Rod

August 14th, 2010, 4:23 am #5

1 - Cut tiny little squares out if the stuff I do use for tank vision blocks, (painful but will look good)

2 - Nail polish, (don't like useing the stuff, but the fumes are a bonus)

3 - Cheat and put a cover over it, along with the tiedown ropes for the main rotor blades.

If plans 1 & 2 don't work out, plan 3 comes into play.

Thanks James, and to all who have had sqwiz.

Ben.

Last edited by odowdben on August 14th, 2010, 4:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

August 14th, 2010, 4:54 am #6

I saw one of these operating at Dayton when I was there last month. A joyride was US$450 a pop for about 20mins...

Nice to see and hear in the air.
It's a 1/4 of the price to have ride in the Mig-15 here in Rocky.

Ben.

August 14th, 2010, 2:08 pm #7

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Thanks,

Ben.

Pretty much finished for now.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Thanks,

Ben.

August 14th, 2010, 2:29 pm #8

well done looks just the ticket! nt

August 16th, 2010, 11:12 am #9

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Thanks,

Ben.

Now that's one nice looking egg beater. Well done.

Cheers,
Rugs.

Nothing is fragile if is packed correctly, and it is no longer fragile once it is broken.

August 16th, 2010, 10:52 pm #10

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Thanks,

Ben.

Very nice job on the Cobra Ben.