Odourless Super Glue, anyone know where to get it?

Odourless Super Glue, anyone know where to get it?

May 15th, 2010, 2:27 am #1

Hi all,

I've heard that you can get odourless Super Glue, I think its called "Super Gold" or "Gold Super Glue".....does anyone know of anywhere in Australia you can get this stuff?

It would be a Godsend to me as I suffer badly from the fumes of normal Super Glue.

Cheers,
Jeff.

May 15th, 2010, 3:24 am #2

Jeff

Any hobby shop should have it, and if they dont should be able to get it in with no probs. Hobby Tools may also have some.

Glen

Glen Burns

Creative Models Australia
glen@creativemodels.com.au
www.creativemodels.com.au

May 15th, 2010, 8:54 pm #3

I didn't think it was that common, but I'll see what I can track down.

Jeff.

May 18th, 2010, 1:52 am #4

Hi all,

I've heard that you can get odourless Super Glue, I think its called "Super Gold" or "Gold Super Glue".....does anyone know of anywhere in Australia you can get this stuff?

It would be a Godsend to me as I suffer badly from the fumes of normal Super Glue.

Cheers,
Jeff.
Jeff,
hi.
I also suffer an allergy to the fumes of CA and it gives me cold like symptoms with bad nasal congestion for up to a week after a moderate exposure.
I can get my with a well ventilated (read drafty) work area and small bits of CA placed via toothpick and it recapped ASAP but it is a bit of a hassle. I also find the 'gold' stuff is better but still get some symptoms if working in a small non-drafty area, and it is hard to find in that I have yet to find it on most shops shelves but have to order it via the web.

Peter H

Regards
Peter
www.petersplanes.com

May 18th, 2010, 9:08 am #5

.....if I get a bit of a sniff off the glue fumes, I get the same cold like symptoms and bad sinus for days.

I always have to wear a respirator type mask with the proper filters, and in the Summer months I turn the little fan on my bench on to blow the fumes away, but in the colder months thats out of the question.I heard about the odourless CA and thought I'd give it a try, anything to try and lessen the effects.

Can I ask where you get yours online from Peter?

Jeff.

May 18th, 2010, 10:38 am #6

To be honest I don't use it as much as I should!
But I either search Ebay or google it!!
Unless you have a 'proper' respirator for noxious gasses the fumes will pass right through the common cheapies.

Regards
Peter
www.petersplanes.com

May 19th, 2010, 9:05 am #7