Now heres an Idea - why don't we buy the 2nd UK carrier?

Now heres an Idea - why don't we buy the 2nd UK carrier?

October 22nd, 2010, 6:24 am #1

Lets buy the second QE aircraft carrier the poms will mothball (cheap as chips - well almost) and put in an order for a mix of F-35B and F-35C for the Australian Navy FAA!

Besides giving the fixed wing Navy objectors a heart attack, we can counter the Chinese & Indian Navy expansion and when combined with the Royal Navy have a two carrier strike force!

I say chaps, cracking eh what!

October 22nd, 2010, 6:50 am #2

NZ... they can always use a 2nd Ro Ro ship or they can use it for fisheries patrol
PNG can use it to transport something around,
Tonga needs a new ferry ( no offence meant with their tragedy),
Naru is sinking with global warming - new island home( too hot move south, too cold move to the equator or get ready for 2012 as in the movie)

or

We buy it for the Immigration Dept & send it to Christmas Island

Donald Trump could use a floating hotel or golf course or maybe personal yacht.

Hugh Heffner - well you know wink wink ..imagine where the new "grotto room " would go

Maybe Putin might buy it for the Russian Navy seeing they building their fleet.

Sydney Ferries.. guaranteed a ferry that can pass the heads without breaking a window.

The Japanese could buy it ..call it a destroyer

Sydney Airport...we need a 2nd airport

October 22nd, 2010, 7:36 am #3

The Argentine Navy in preparing for that inevitable second crack at the Falklands, (how ironic that would be given that the last time, the British were facing Canberra Bombers!!!)
TOR

October 22nd, 2010, 7:57 am #4

Lets buy the second QE aircraft carrier the poms will mothball (cheap as chips - well almost) and put in an order for a mix of F-35B and F-35C for the Australian Navy FAA!

Besides giving the fixed wing Navy objectors a heart attack, we can counter the Chinese & Indian Navy expansion and when combined with the Royal Navy have a two carrier strike force!

If by 2020 the CVF has been modified to Conventional Carrier Landing standards then the RAAF will have spare Super Hornets to deploy on the CVF. If no modification to CVF then a few F-35Bs will do nicely. OR perhaps we can mix and match F-35Bs - or even F-35Cs - with the Super Hornets. NO?

October 22nd, 2010, 9:15 am #5

The Argentine Navy in preparing for that inevitable second crack at the Falklands, (how ironic that would be given that the last time, the British were facing Canberra Bombers!!!)
TOR
That the one of the ships that took part in the Falkalnds campaign was later sold to the Argentine navy ..its one those 1/700 Dragon Kits ..cant recall the name

October 22nd, 2010, 9:22 am #6

So James called some bloke & said
I want another yacht , twice as big
And twice as fast as what I already got
Thatll *** em

So the AMIers called some welfare mob, not
to be outdone
And they got the HMS Ark Royal on some sorta government loan
Got me knackered they said they just wanted to get some modelling reference done.

good day Mr Packer, how ya goin mate?
You got a real flash boat, but ours is a flash one, eh ?
And i think im gonna put him in the river
Next door to Jamies.

15 AMIers, 2 kids, two dozen airfix kits
With Glen, Wally & TOR in a tizz, debating RAF green
Cussing, gluin, cutting on the boat
Next door to Jamie

October 22nd, 2010, 10:19 am #7

...in order to afford it, the government would either have to cancel a shed-load of social programmes or raise taxes through the roof. Which one do you reckon they're more likely to do?

October 22nd, 2010, 10:40 am #8

So James called some bloke & said
I want another yacht , twice as big
And twice as fast as what I already got
Thatll *** em

So the AMIers called some welfare mob, not
to be outdone
And they got the HMS Ark Royal on some sorta government loan
Got me knackered they said they just wanted to get some modelling reference done.

good day Mr Packer, how ya goin mate?
You got a real flash boat, but ours is a flash one, eh ?
And i think im gonna put him in the river
Next door to Jamies.

15 AMIers, 2 kids, two dozen airfix kits
With Glen, Wally & TOR in a tizz, debating RAF green
Cussing, gluin, cutting on the boat
Next door to Jamie
Hey Mr Brown you @^!

Where's me &@#%ing boat?

I've unwrapped all this other junk and there's nothing 'ere that floats.

I sent you &@#%ing letters, weren't you reading wot I wrote?

Ya worn out geriatric fart, you forgot me &@#%ing boat.

October 22nd, 2010, 10:40 am #9

...in order to afford it, the government would either have to cancel a shed-load of social programmes or raise taxes through the roof. Which one do you reckon they're more likely to do?

October 22nd, 2010, 11:07 am #10

and the better idea then was not buying the thing.