'Ned Kelly' A2-1025 progress

'Ned Kelly' A2-1025 progress

Andrew Doppel
Andrew Doppel

June 13th, 2009, 6:37 am #1

Well I have been convinced that the seats for 'Ned' were armour plated and not standard so I have removed and replaced the red seats with the armour plated kit seats. I utilised those detail shots of the inside of a RAAF UH-1B from Rod so added some more details with a first aid kit, the winch control box, padded bag and an escape hatchet. Now its starting to look a little better. I have also made the winch motor box for the roof and the winch arm which is what I'm still working on. Here's some new pics. I hope you like it and your comments welcomed.

Regards

Andrew

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

Andrew Doppel (A2)
Andrew Doppel (A2)

October 29th, 2009, 12:23 am #2

Well, given the M113 is done I suppose it's time for another update for 'Neddy'. Last night I made up the 'Radalt' from a small piece of left over resin, scribing the squared area off area and gluing it into position under the fuselage. Having done this, I then realised that the winch hole was too big and closed it off with some very thin plastic card. I'll sand the edges at some stage to blend it into the bottom of the fuselage to make it look a little better, then drill out the winch hole again but this time with a smaller diameter. I have also drilled in the landing light positions beside the Radalt and between the front lower windows. You may just be able to make them out.

[/img]

[/img]

Internally, I have scratched up the winch actuator mounted on the ceiling and added two lights. I also glued into position the two ceiling/seat/stretcher support bars on each side near the doors.

As I dry fitted the roof I noticed a rather large gap allowing you to see the cabin from inside the motor housing. This area was filled with plastic card cut to shape and fitted to block this area. I have made it look like canvas by painting cross ways with a paint brush using varying thickness of paint.

[/img]

[/img]
You can see in these pics the light showing through where the engine intake area is

[/img]
Dry fitted roof showing as much as what has been done so far.

When the winch hole is done, I'll be fitting the roof properly and moving onto the guns. I have added a view of 'Ned' from nose on for those interested.

[/img]

Regards

Andrew

Graeme Harris
Graeme Harris

October 29th, 2009, 6:14 am #3

What kit?

Andrew Doppel
Andrew Doppel

October 29th, 2009, 6:43 am #4

Thanks for the comment Graeme.

Regards

Andrew

October 29th, 2009, 11:37 am #5

Well, given the M113 is done I suppose it's time for another update for 'Neddy'. Last night I made up the 'Radalt' from a small piece of left over resin, scribing the squared area off area and gluing it into position under the fuselage. Having done this, I then realised that the winch hole was too big and closed it off with some very thin plastic card. I'll sand the edges at some stage to blend it into the bottom of the fuselage to make it look a little better, then drill out the winch hole again but this time with a smaller diameter. I have also drilled in the landing light positions beside the Radalt and between the front lower windows. You may just be able to make them out.

[/img]

[/img]

Internally, I have scratched up the winch actuator mounted on the ceiling and added two lights. I also glued into position the two ceiling/seat/stretcher support bars on each side near the doors.

As I dry fitted the roof I noticed a rather large gap allowing you to see the cabin from inside the motor housing. This area was filled with plastic card cut to shape and fitted to block this area. I have made it look like canvas by painting cross ways with a paint brush using varying thickness of paint.

[/img]

[/img]
You can see in these pics the light showing through where the engine intake area is

[/img]
Dry fitted roof showing as much as what has been done so far.

When the winch hole is done, I'll be fitting the roof properly and moving onto the guns. I have added a view of 'Ned' from nose on for those interested.

[/img]

Regards

Andrew
I am looking forward to seeing Ned with his guns drawn I have a bushranger on the to do pile that I will get onto once I get a chance to model again.... and I have finished that bloody pig :P
Cheers mate

IN PROGRESS:-

Lincoln Decal Poll
http://www.misterpoll.com/polls/446490

Andrew Doppel
Andrew Doppel

October 29th, 2009, 11:41 am #6

We've/I've been waiting a long time for that thing to be done.

Regards

Andrew

October 29th, 2009, 1:51 pm #7

Well I have been convinced that the seats for 'Ned' were armour plated and not standard so I have removed and replaced the red seats with the armour plated kit seats. I utilised those detail shots of the inside of a RAAF UH-1B from Rod so added some more details with a first aid kit, the winch control box, padded bag and an escape hatchet. Now its starting to look a little better. I have also made the winch motor box for the roof and the winch arm which is what I'm still working on. Here's some new pics. I hope you like it and your comments welcomed.

Regards

Andrew

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]
the "B" version air evacuation (red crosses) kit... It was an absolute dog, glass didnt fit the holes, rivets, lumps, hell nothing fitted..

I take it this is better than than their "B"? I like Hueys but I aint touching another Monogram in 1/48 if its as bad as the "B"

Andrew Doppel (A2)
Andrew Doppel (A2)

October 29th, 2009, 9:29 pm #8

This is the second Monogram Hog I've built in my lifetime. The first one as a kid that I camoflaged as a D because I didn't know the differences. From what i recall of it I didn't take much care in building it either. This kit does fit together well with only a few putty points to deal with. The underside has no detail what so ever so I'm adding the little bits required here to make it look right as well as correcting the armour mounting points.

Regards

Andrew

Andrew Doppel (A2)
Andrew Doppel (A2)

October 30th, 2009, 10:19 pm #9

Regards

Andrew

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]
Here's the start of my Sagami twin gun mounts. I have some pics but not close enough to work out how the ammo cans are mounted on the vertical post. If anyone can help here I'd be very appreciative. They are made from plastic card and styrene rod. Anyway, here's two pics, the second one showing the twin resin guns still attached to their casting and the ammo boxes which were kindly donated for this project by BruceA from memory however they look like a Ryan Hamilton production;

[/img]

[/img]

regards

Andrew

October 31st, 2009, 4:21 am #10

What kind of Ammo boxes did they have on the door guns of our Bushrangers? I have yet to work that out so I can source some.
heres a pic of what I am talking about...
[/img]

IN PROGRESS:-

Lincoln Decal Poll
http://www.misterpoll.com/polls/446490