Melbourne city area's only '' real '' model shop

Melbourne city area's only '' real '' model shop

October 23rd, 2010, 12:44 pm #1

hello all , it's been awhile so I thought I'd drop by , say hi and let you all know that MOONEE PONDS MODELS are still alive and kicking . With the demise of Snowy's and Victorian Hobby Centre as we know it ( I believe it'll be more like a toy shop than what it used to be .....allegedly ! ), we at Moonee Ponds Models are still committed at least 90% to the modeller , so drop by and we'll see what we can do for you . We are open 6 days a week so call us on 03 9370 8220 . Mail order can be arranged .......see you Don

October 23rd, 2010, 1:05 pm #2

Please do not believe any stories you have heard to the contrary.
It is true there will be a change of some faces behind the counter, but the direction of the shop will stay essentially the same.
We will not become a glorified TOY SHOP!
We will carry an extensive range of kits and accessories and have a policy of professional co-existence with other players in the industry.
VHC is currently undergoing a refit and restock and is expected to re-open around the time of the Melbourne Cup.
After finding piles of 25 year old dust under the old fittings I will be glad when it is spick and span.
Looking forward to seeing you pop in sometime.
Cheers,
Daryl Williams (the other DW).
Assistant AMI Moderator.

October 23rd, 2010, 10:44 pm #3

hello all , it's been awhile so I thought I'd drop by , say hi and let you all know that MOONEE PONDS MODELS are still alive and kicking . With the demise of Snowy's and Victorian Hobby Centre as we know it ( I believe it'll be more like a toy shop than what it used to be .....allegedly ! ), we at Moonee Ponds Models are still committed at least 90% to the modeller , so drop by and we'll see what we can do for you . We are open 6 days a week so call us on 03 9370 8220 . Mail order can be arranged .......see you Don
in fact where is Moonee Ponds, as an interstate visitor I have never heard of Moonee ponds.
The beauty of VHC is its central location handy for coffee shops cafes and Hylands Book shop. As for its location there is plenty for my wife to do whilst I am shopping for models.
I always have had very good service from VHC in the past,and I am assured by both them and Frontline, that it will continue as before only better.
As a moddeller of more mature years, and now disabled and confined to a wheelchair, the only problem I have is lack of disabled access, but if I let them know when I am coming arrangements can be made, to help me up the stairs.
The staff with a couple of notable exceptions always assist me and are very pleasant and cheerfull.
I certainly intend to use the new improved VHC and wish them all the best for the future in this new endeavour and look forward to using it.
d'Nav (The drivers namefor the navigator)

Fighter crews make movies Bomber crews make History
Last edited by dnav on October 24th, 2010, 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

October 23rd, 2010, 11:01 pm #4

nAsty
Last edited by Marcus04 on October 23rd, 2010, 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

October 24th, 2010, 1:00 am #5

in fact where is Moonee Ponds, as an interstate visitor I have never heard of Moonee ponds.
The beauty of VHC is its central location handy for coffee shops cafes and Hylands Book shop. As for its location there is plenty for my wife to do whilst I am shopping for models.
I always have had very good service from VHC in the past,and I am assured by both them and Frontline, that it will continue as before only better.
As a moddeller of more mature years, and now disabled and confined to a wheelchair, the only problem I have is lack of disabled access, but if I let them know when I am coming arrangements can be made, to help me up the stairs.
The staff with a couple of notable exceptions always assist me and are very pleasant and cheerfull.
I certainly intend to use the new improved VHC and wish them all the best for the future in this new endeavour and look forward to using it.

....around 8km from the CBD. To get there by train, take the Broadmeadows line. Once you get off the train at Moonee Ponds station, walk back towards the level crossing and turn right. This is Homes Rd. Cross Holmes Rd, and walk about a block and a half, and you'll be fight outside their front door.
If you're going by tram, you want to catch the #59 Airport West. This will take you to Moonee Ponds Junction. Once there, head up Puckle St (the main street) and cross the railway line. Then you can pretend you just got off the train

October 24th, 2010, 11:23 pm #6

arrived bang on the opening time of 11am. It wasn't open, which was ok, so I waited around for 1/2 an hour, nobody turned up, so I left. Pretty ordinary! At least VHC are opened when they say they will be.
Last edited by mbugeja on October 24th, 2010, 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

October 25th, 2010, 12:58 am #7

Australia's most extravagent export & representative You must be from the poor folk in New Zealand

October 25th, 2010, 1:50 am #8

A little further north a country which used to have a decent Air Force
d'Nav

fighter crewsmake movies bomber crews make history

October 25th, 2010, 11:42 am #9

more 'Melbourne city area's only real model shop' as they are located in th CBD

October 26th, 2010, 3:38 am #10

Why are the models and accessories from your shop "more real" than the models and accessories that can be purchased from Metro Hobbies (Box Hill), Models 4 U (Boronia), Brunel (Cheltenham), to say nothing of Hobby Place or Hearns (both CBD)? (Since VHC hasn't even re-opened yet it's a bit premature to define what sort of shop it will be, isn't it?) Not all shops are equal, of course, and some do some things better than others, but they all look like "proper" model shops to me. For someone like myself who lives in SE Melbourne, Moonee Ponds is a fair hike and I'd be very interested to know exactly what it is that you offer that none of the other shops do.

Bruce Probst
Melbourne, Australia