L/F pictures of ARDU Dak C-47B A65-78

L/F pictures of ARDU Dak C-47B A65-78

July 8th, 2010, 6:55 am #1

Hi all,

I am looking for pictures of this C-47 from around 1979, when it wore the white & aluminium ARDU scheme with the two Dayglo stripes wrapping around the fuselage. Google, whilst it may be very friendly to others, was not so nice to me today; the only pic that I could find of this plane in this scheme is on adf-serials.com, and shows the plane in the background only.

Thanks guys, all help is appreciated!

Patrick Sprau

July 8th, 2010, 7:07 am #2

Last edited by cac_sabre on July 8th, 2010, 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

July 8th, 2010, 7:16 am #3

Hi all,

I am looking for pictures of this C-47 from around 1979, when it wore the white & aluminium ARDU scheme with the two Dayglo stripes wrapping around the fuselage. Google, whilst it may be very friendly to others, was not so nice to me today; the only pic that I could find of this plane in this scheme is on adf-serials.com, and shows the plane in the background only.

Patrick Sprau
Aren't Daks lovable old "Cougars"nt

July 8th, 2010, 7:52 am #4

Hi all,

Patrick Sprau
Wally would get a kick out of them. The Stewart Wilson book has a pic of 114 in the Dayglo scheme I can scan for you if interested Patrick?

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Regards

Andrew Doppel
Assistant Moderator AMI
Last edited by AndrewDoppel on July 8th, 2010, 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

July 8th, 2010, 8:48 am #5

Hi Andrew,
Great Dak shots but ummmm... well... it appears that the guy in the blue polo shirt is obviously VERY pleased to see the Dak in that bottom photo, (very much TIC).
TOR

July 8th, 2010, 10:28 am #6

Hi all,

Patrick Sprau
G'day Patrick,

these are scans of the old RooDecal C-47 sheet instructions. They're not exactly A65-78 but it wore the same scheme as A65-114 as noted. (I left A65-118 in the scan as well even though it's not in the ARDU scheme)

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Daryl might know if they still have some of these sheets kicking around at the VHC. Mine were 1:72 but I think they made a 1:48 set as well.

Hope this helps,

Rod
Last edited by rcairns on July 8th, 2010, 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

July 8th, 2010, 10:55 am #7

Hi Rod,

thanks for posting these. I've got the current 72nd scale Hawkeye sheet, so do not really need the older Roo Decals version. I would like to model A65-78 in said scheme, although decals for -95 and -114 are also provided. Thanks for posting the instructions, they do contain information I did not have before.

Cheers,

Patrick Sprau

July 8th, 2010, 11:02 am #8

Wally would get a kick out of them. The Stewart Wilson book has a pic of 114 in the Dayglo scheme I can scan for you if interested Patrick?

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Regards

Andrew Doppel
Assistant Moderator AMI
Hi Andrew,

thanks for posting the pictures. Yes, I'd be grateful for a scan of the picture in the Wilson book!

TIA,

Patrick Sprau

July 8th, 2010, 11:11 am #9

Hi Rod,

thanks for posting these. I've got the current 72nd scale Hawkeye sheet, so do not really need the older Roo Decals version. I would like to model A65-78 in said scheme, although decals for -95 and -114 are also provided. Thanks for posting the instructions, they do contain information I did not have before.

Cheers,

Patrick Sprau
A pleasure! n/t

July 8th, 2010, 11:36 am #10

Hi all,

Patrick Sprau
I think I may also have a couple of photos I can share with you that I found helpful but would need to email you directly..

Cheers,

AGW..