I'm probably behind the times but I noticed a few differences with Blackhawk A25-101

I'm probably behind the times but I noticed a few differences with Blackhawk A25-101

October 8th, 2010, 10:39 am #1

when it landed at the Rockhampton airport today. The port side of the tail boom it has 3 different antennas/sensors, also on the tail and the nose it has some sort of sensors, 2 at each end. A small antenna is also under the nose of the aircraft. Plus fittings for what looks like where flare dispensers go. For all I know A25-101 has probably had them for awhile. Any info????

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Ben.

Things that make u go HMMM!

October 8th, 2010, 11:00 pm #2

THanks for the pictures Ben.

About 2 years ago I was asked to dress up a diecast in Army colours for one of the project engineers for this SP upgrade. Not sure how many other aircraft have been done.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Ray
Missed it by that much!....

October 13th, 2010, 4:16 am #3

when it landed at the Rockhampton airport today. The port side of the tail boom it has 3 different antennas/sensors, also on the tail and the nose it has some sort of sensors, 2 at each end. A small antenna is also under the nose of the aircraft. Plus fittings for what looks like where flare dispensers go. For all I know A25-101 has probably had them for awhile. Any info????

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Ben.

[/IMG]

Ben.

October 13th, 2010, 5:11 am #4

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Ben.

"And if your head explodes with dark forbodings too....I'll see you on the dark side of the moon"

October 13th, 2010, 6:08 am #5

Ray

October 13th, 2010, 6:32 am #6

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Ben.

nt
Last edited by Albowie on October 13th, 2010, 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

October 13th, 2010, 10:41 am #7

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Ben.

Actually i'm way behind the times, I took these at the Thunderbirds airshow last September, and couldn't get anyone from 5 avn to tell me what they were about, I assumed some sort of IR supression, and maybe for the Blackhawks that were at one staged slated for Afghanistan use as medivacs, but hey i'm only guessing, so come on Ray what are they all about?
I noted that 206 was on display at the same airshow, and didn't have them fitted.

I also know of about 20 other AMIers who were at that airshow, well would you believe at least 10

So that's 101 102 110 at least

Now although la guerre is going on big time here too

ttp://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x320/qfa_tsv/DSCF3882.jpg

Graeme
Last edited by qfa_tsv on October 13th, 2010, 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

October 13th, 2010, 1:05 pm #8

Yeah now that's a close up.

Now who's going to put them on their next S-70 Blackhawk model? Reference is the enemy, Bloody ADF should consult with us modellers before they go and upgrade equipment.

Ben.

October 13th, 2010, 10:09 pm #9

Actually i'm way behind the times, I took these at the Thunderbirds airshow last September, and couldn't get anyone from 5 avn to tell me what they were about, I assumed some sort of IR supression, and maybe for the Blackhawks that were at one staged slated for Afghanistan use as medivacs, but hey i'm only guessing, so come on Ray what are they all about?
I noted that 206 was on display at the same airshow, and didn't have them fitted.

I also know of about 20 other AMIers who were at that airshow, well would you believe at least 10

So that's 101 102 110 at least

Now although la guerre is going on big time here too

ttp://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x320/qfa_tsv/DSCF3882.jpg

Graeme
http://www.defence.gov.au/dmo/esd/air5416/air5416.cfm

http://australianaviation.com.au/echidna-cancelled/

Ray

October 14th, 2010, 2:03 am #10

Got it in one. That's what they are. Civil contractor at Oakey 2 weeks ago told me the same thing. Tiger and MRH 90 have them as well.

Jason

PS any interest in a 1/35th Black Hawk conversion for the MRC Pave Hawk kit???
Just judging interest at this stage.

Arms Corps Models