Cat destroys models !

Cat destroys models !

June 8th, 2010, 2:24 am #1

Having a day off today and was sitting at the computer when...CRASH!!!...raced into the next room to see my only two completed 1/144 airliners (both Minicraft) knocked off the top of the display cabinet and lying smashed on the ground with our male cat sitting all nonchalant on top of cabinet surveying his handywork. Super Connies' fuselage split open, all props and undercarriage doors gone, starboard tailplane and fin gone and cockpit canopy popped out and cracked.L.188 Electra minus some props and U/C doors with lead sinker nose weight now rattling round in fuselage and port wing cracked at wing/fuselage join.
Suffice to say said cat felt the toe of my boot up it's backside and has gone into hiding.
Oh well, at least he's cleared some room for more completed kits.Can only imagine what TOR would do to him knowing his love of airliners and felines (NOT!).

June 8th, 2010, 2:47 am #2

June 8th, 2010, 6:40 am #3

Having a day off today and was sitting at the computer when...CRASH!!!...raced into the next room to see my only two completed 1/144 airliners (both Minicraft) knocked off the top of the display cabinet and lying smashed on the ground with our male cat sitting all nonchalant on top of cabinet surveying his handywork. Super Connies' fuselage split open, all props and undercarriage doors gone, starboard tailplane and fin gone and cockpit canopy popped out and cracked.L.188 Electra minus some props and U/C doors with lead sinker nose weight now rattling round in fuselage and port wing cracked at wing/fuselage join.
Suffice to say said cat felt the toe of my boot up it's backside and has gone into hiding.
Oh well, at least he's cleared some room for more completed kits.Can only imagine what TOR would do to him knowing his love of airliners and felines (NOT!).
Could be worse..i heard of a story where a guy in the US was preparing for some IPMS monster scale model show...i think the kit was the Airfix 1/72 RN Corvette... hundreds of dollars worth of photo etch, figures , gun barrels etc hundreds & hundreds of hours of time spent..won all his local shows & was ready to drive off to the IPMS titles..left it out of the storage box over night ..woke up all excited the next morning but puss had decided to use the kit as a scratching post during the night ... masts bent over..rigging looking like a ball of twine, crew all over the place, railings all bent & battered , the stands holding the ship up were all broken, pieces all over the floor & probably over the cat.. the guy was livid... if i remember correctly he had to get someone to drive him to the show ( 3 or 4 hrs) while he sat in the back with the model on his lap, glueing parts back together & painting any touch ups & still worked on it at the venue...think he still got a highly commended or 3rd place. Dont recall what happened to the cat.

June 8th, 2010, 6:53 am #4

The question t ask here is, NOT why was the cat inside that room, but why the hell do you have a cat to sart of with!!!!

Cats are great for live shark bait btw.

Glen

Glen Burns

Creative Models Australia
glen@creativemodels.com.au
www.creativemodels.com.au

June 8th, 2010, 7:35 am #5

Actually cray bait springs to mind. =P n/t

June 8th, 2010, 8:36 am #6

nt

June 8th, 2010, 9:44 am #7

One way trip to the local Chinese takeaway !!!
The boss wouldn't do that !

June 8th, 2010, 9:46 am #8

Don't bet on it Gus! Would you prefer Black Bean or Sweet and Sour sauce ?

June 8th, 2010, 10:04 am #9

Now Puss, in your best Monty Python imitation voice, let's all sing together " I like Chinese".

June 8th, 2010, 11:34 am #10

nt
Not me mate.. I got nuthin you're thinking of Malcolm's she-devil cat nt