A3-104 Finished....

A3-104 Finished....

Antoney Wilkinson
Antoney Wilkinson

February 26th, 2010, 9:30 pm #1

1/72 Plane Bits conversion with Heller wings and other components...

Hope you like it...

February 26th, 2010, 9:47 pm #2

Good job. Where did you get that Mirage print in the background of the third photo.
Last edited by woodziee on February 26th, 2010, 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

February 26th, 2010, 11:13 pm #3

Hope you like it...

ees good senhor. nt..

Antoney Wilkinson
Antoney Wilkinson

February 27th, 2010, 12:27 am #4

Good job. Where did you get that Mirage print in the background of the third photo.
It came from the UK but was an Australian production.

Believe it or not it was an anniversary present from my wife.

It is called Mirage and it is done by Michael Rondot. It is a 77Sqn and 75Sqn machine engaging a couple of Kiwi Skyhawks.

I saw it in Australia years ago but could never afford it or it just wasn't a prioity.

I can dig up where it came from if you like?

I also have another great Mirage print which is a 76Sqn machine in the NT in my study... Pictures follow...

Cheers,

Andrew Doppel (A2)
Andrew Doppel (A2)

February 27th, 2010, 4:52 am #5

Hope you like it...

Monaro poster in your study. You may be questioned for days over it.

Regards

Andrew

February 27th, 2010, 5:26 am #6

The Monaro poster didn't escape my gaze either :) n/t

TOR
TOR

February 27th, 2010, 8:47 am #7

Monaro poster in your study. You may be questioned for days over it.

Regards

Andrew
Hi Tony,
To quote that classic Monaro CV8 ad, (I LOVED that ad!!) "GAME OVER"!!!, It's to late, I've seen the Monaro poster so I now need info on it. Just for your info Tony, the difinative book, (the one we have all been waiting for) on the Monaro has just been released here in Australia. It's called "Monaro Magic: a History of Holden Monaro, HSV Coupe and Pontiac GTO 1968-2006". It's Author is a guy by the name of Norm Darwin. In over 280 pages it's covers eveything you ever want to know about every Monaro model and variant ever built, (including my very rare girl the CV8-R!!!, only 313 built) and is rich in colour photos, technical info, numbers of each built etc,etc,etc . It you want one but can't get a copy over there, yell out and I will arrange for a copy to be sent over to you.
Regards
the other Ray

February 27th, 2010, 1:05 pm #8

for three of the later Monaros. It really is ashame that production was stopped on these beautiful machines. Now I sit and admire the new range of VE HDT Commodores.

Regards

Andrew

If you say, "you can't", you won't. If you say, "I quit", then you have failed. If you say, "I'll try", then you may just conquer!

Antoney Wilkinson
Antoney Wilkinson

February 27th, 2010, 1:12 pm #9

Hi Tony,
To quote that classic Monaro CV8 ad, (I LOVED that ad!!) "GAME OVER"!!!, It's to late, I've seen the Monaro poster so I now need info on it. Just for your info Tony, the difinative book, (the one we have all been waiting for) on the Monaro has just been released here in Australia. It's called "Monaro Magic: a History of Holden Monaro, HSV Coupe and Pontiac GTO 1968-2006". It's Author is a guy by the name of Norm Darwin. In over 280 pages it's covers eveything you ever want to know about every Monaro model and variant ever built, (including my very rare girl the CV8-R!!!, only 313 built) and is rich in colour photos, technical info, numbers of each built etc,etc,etc . It you want one but can't get a copy over there, yell out and I will arrange for a copy to be sent over to you.
Regards
the other Ray
I was a member of the Monaro Club of Victoria and the chairman of its special events committee which established the first Monaro nationals in 1998 to celebrate its 30th anniversary. Also led the 2000 event too.

I restored a 1 to 1 scale HG GTS Monaro that won a number of national awards.

Ray and I have had numerous conversations about the venerable Munro. While I parted with the HG via a Shannons Auction last year, I still have my 1 of only 133 and 1 of only 28 red over brown, HSV Coupe 4s. Nice and unique bit of kit but we are seperated by a very long plane flight these days.

I have settled for hurtling around in my GMC Sierra Truck for the time being. As a father of three squeezing into the latest Camaro would be a bit of a challenge....

Some pictures of the old rocket, my first CV8, what replaced it the Coupe 4 and my truck..

Cheers,

February 27th, 2010, 1:21 pm #10

A mate of mine is currently restoring a HT Monaro which is starting to look really good now. He hopes to finish it in the gold colour with black stripes.

Seeing all these nice cars I wish I still had my VC HDT.

Regards

Andrew

If you say, "you can't", you won't. If you say, "I quit", then you have failed. If you say, "I'll try", then you may just conquer!