A-Z and Valom at Red Roo. Decal news also

A-Z and Valom at Red Roo. Decal news also

January 27th, 2010, 11:04 pm #1

We have just about got all the Valom and A-Z kits which are available up on the Red Roo web site. Check out the range and prices.

Both of these manufacturers make an interesting range of kits. We may follow with other manufacturers'products if the demand is there.

Unfortunately, the range of Tally Ho decals is limited and unlikely to be replenished. For the time being anyway, Tally Ho have ceased manufacturing and shipping decals. We are likely to get one more shipment (we don't know what's in it) and then nothing. So if you want anything, act now!

January 29th, 2010, 2:19 am #2

Ed,
does Red Roo have any plans to produce decals for the new Valom Fokker F.Vllb.3m kits that have just been released? I'm not sure how much work would be needed to turn one into the Southern Cross.
Cheers
Robert

January 29th, 2010, 4:46 am #3

Yes indeed we do have plans for this once it is released. It's not available yet but if it's suitable we intend to do decals. As Southern Cross was a rebuilt F.VIIb, it may be that the kit will need new engines and/or a wing depending on what they have modelled. Valom kits are improving all the time, so we have high hopes this will be a nice model.
We also intend to check out the little A-Z 1/144 scale Fokkers to see what can be done.

January 29th, 2010, 11:59 am #4

I look forward to seeing what form/how good the kits are , and fingers crossed for a /172 Southern Cross.

RH

January 29th, 2010, 1:25 pm #5

Yes indeed we do have plans for this once it is released. It's not available yet but if it's suitable we intend to do decals. As Southern Cross was a rebuilt F.VIIb, it may be that the kit will need new engines and/or a wing depending on what they have modelled. Valom kits are improving all the time, so we have high hopes this will be a nice model.
We also intend to check out the little A-Z 1/144 scale Fokkers to see what can be done.
ed according to the latest research on the southern cross you may need to supply a lower fuselage as it has a built skid courtesy of one of the former artic fokkers it was rebuilt from

January 29th, 2010, 10:42 pm #6

There is a fascinating series of articles and letters in Air Enthusiast #88-90 and 96 indicating that the account by Kohn in 1959 that SC was rebuilt from Detroiter and not Alaskan (which had the underbelly skid fitted by the Wilkins team) is correct. Alaskan is in fact still in existence in the USA and thus cannot be SC. We will have to wait to see what Valom produce to see what's needed but any contributions are welcome. A walkaround from Adelaide (oops I meant Brisbane) would be nice. SC is very difficult to photograph in its current location.
Last edited by erussell on January 30th, 2010, 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

January 30th, 2010, 3:22 am #7

We have just about got all the Valom and A-Z kits which are available up on the Red Roo web site. Check out the range and prices.

Both of these manufacturers make an interesting range of kits. We may follow with other manufacturers'products if the demand is there.

Unfortunately, the range of Tally Ho decals is limited and unlikely to be replenished. For the time being anyway, Tally Ho have ceased manufacturing and shipping decals. We are likely to get one more shipment (we don't know what's in it) and then nothing. So if you want anything, act now!
They did lots of good stuff. And unlike many companies where I've heard about their demise and thought "oh dear, I was going to get around to buying some of their stuff some day", I actually have bought quite a few TH sheets.

January 30th, 2010, 3:30 am #8

There is a fascinating series of articles and letters in Air Enthusiast #88-90 and 96 indicating that the account by Kohn in 1959 that SC was rebuilt from Detroiter and not Alaskan (which had the underbelly skid fitted by the Wilkins team) is correct. Alaskan is in fact still in existence in the USA and thus cannot be SC. We will have to wait to see what Valom produce to see what's needed but any contributions are welcome. A walkaround from Adelaide (oops I meant Brisbane) would be nice. SC is very difficult to photograph in its current location.
on the Southern Cross including an inspection of the 1:1 scale item. It would be sensible to check his work.

January 30th, 2010, 6:19 am #9

whereabouts Ed?

Robert

January 30th, 2010, 10:18 pm #10

Ooops - sorry - a slip of the brain there. I meant Brisbane where the real SC is preserved in a difficult to photograph location. While the replica was based at Parafield until it had an accident (loss of wheel I think) and was damaged) I don't know where it is now. One old internet reference suggests it is (was) at HARS awaiting repairs. Any advances on this?