75 Squadron Mirages.

75 Squadron Mirages.

May 18th, 2010, 8:54 am #1

Here's a little something that I have been working on for the last couple of weeks. I was only doind a single in-flight model but when I came to do the decals, the tail fin markings fell apart, so back to the drawing board I went. And this was what I came up with, these two Mirages are done to represent the first painted scheme(Silver) and the last painted scheme(two-tone grey) of 75 Squadron.I don't know if 75 Squadron applied yellow aggressor stripes on there Grey jets, but I had already painted the model when the decals failed me. They are both Heller 1:72 kits and I have added High Planes seats, launch rails, afterburner cans and wing tanks, and the decals are from Southern Sky. I don't usualy work in 1:72 but i'm happy with how they came out, I hope you like them too.

May 18th, 2010, 12:39 pm #2

Nice miracles mate. Great work :) n/t

May 18th, 2010, 1:35 pm #3

Here's a little something that I have been working on for the last couple of weeks. I was only doind a single in-flight model but when I came to do the decals, the tail fin markings fell apart, so back to the drawing board I went. And this was what I came up with, these two Mirages are done to represent the first painted scheme(Silver) and the last painted scheme(two-tone grey) of 75 Squadron.I don't know if 75 Squadron applied yellow aggressor stripes on there Grey jets, but I had already painted the model when the decals failed me. They are both Heller 1:72 kits and I have added High Planes seats, launch rails, afterburner cans and wing tanks, and the decals are from Southern Sky. I don't usualy work in 1:72 but i'm happy with how they came out, I hope you like them too.

I love the stand they on too. Top score champ.

Ben

Things that make u go HMMM!

May 19th, 2010, 1:36 am #4

Really, really nice! The impending "midair" disturbs me though! nt

Andrew Doppel (A2)
Andrew Doppel (A2)

May 19th, 2010, 9:38 am #5

That looks great Matt N/M

May 19th, 2010, 10:50 am #6

Lovely little miracles.

IN PROGRESS:-

Lincoln Decal Poll
http://www.misterpoll.com/polls/446490

May 19th, 2010, 7:46 pm #7

n/m

May 20th, 2010, 10:09 am #8

models, they really look the part.

If I remember correctly the Heller U/C was a weak anyway.

Graeme

Antoney Wilkinson
Antoney Wilkinson

May 28th, 2010, 1:33 pm #9

Always good to see some Miracles almost airborne. Nice work....

May 29th, 2010, 7:36 am #10

Top job there Matt, they really look the goods. Where did you get the stand?

Cheers,
Rugs.

Nothing is fragile if is packed correctly, and it is no longer fragile once it is broken.