456Sqn Mossie - WIP

456Sqn Mossie - WIP

March 17th, 2008, 11:50 pm #1

Passt clear polish laid down prior to decalling. Now RX-U of 456 (RAAF) Sqn. Matt coat of Polly S Flat Clear over the top and then weathered using watercolours, predominantly Raw Umber and Black. Adding brake lines to oleos before finishing with cockpit and gun-bay a/market and then the canopy.

I don't think she'll look the goods until those beautiful spinners are in place!

Roachie-oi

March 18th, 2008, 7:29 am #2

Crikey, she's a ripper!

Pappy

Andrew Doppel
Andrew Doppel

March 18th, 2008, 9:29 am #3

Passt clear polish laid down prior to decalling. Now RX-U of 456 (RAAF) Sqn. Matt coat of Polly S Flat Clear over the top and then weathered using watercolours, predominantly Raw Umber and Black. Adding brake lines to oleos before finishing with cockpit and gun-bay a/market and then the canopy.

I don't think she'll look the goods until those beautiful spinners are in place!

Roachie-oi

Will like to see it when it's finished.

Regards

Andrew

March 18th, 2008, 10:59 pm #4

Roachie-oi

I did not see it mentioned, what kit/scale is it?

You've doen a nice job onthe weathering as well, any secrets used?

Cheers

Ray
Missed it by that much!....

March 18th, 2008, 11:52 pm #5

sets and I think an Ultracast tailwheel?

I like my aircraft "down and dirty" and years ago I discovered washes and dry-brushing but M. Francois Verlinden beat me to the book (ha ha). I first used Humbrol Enamels mixed with lighter fluid as my wash, but moved on to watercolours several years ago as they are more versatile and user-friendly.

Dry-brushing is no secret and I find Humbrol Enamels contain the better pigment (than other paints). Vallejo paints are the best solid-pigment acrylic I have ever used and are brilliant, especially for paint chipping, touch-up areas etc. I use what I call a "wet pallet" keeping the paint wetter, longer'

Cheers Roachie-oi