Police abuse in these United States (cont'd)

Police abuse in these United States (cont'd)

synergy
Advanced Member
synergy
Advanced Member

21 Jul 2009, 01:21 #1

Tasers, Steroids and Police Brutality by Steven D [Booman Tribune] Mon Jul 20th, 2009 at 06:13:54 PM EST
Only after the last tree has been cut down,
Only after the last river has been poisoned,
Only after the last fish has been caught,
Only then, will you realize that money cannot be
eaten!!!
(Cree Indian Prophecy)

synergy
Advanced Member
synergy
Advanced Member

02 Jan 2010, 23:44 #2

For Being Tasered Repeatedly While Having A Diabetic Seizure, Man Sues Police By Susie Madrak [Crooks and Liars] Saturday Jan 02, 2010 3:00pm
eaten!!!
(Cree Indian Prophecy)

synergy
Advanced Member
synergy
Advanced Member

26 Jan 2010, 15:39 #3

You Should See the Other Guys by Steven D | Booman Tribune | Mon Jan 25th, 2010 at 06:58:20 PM EST
The other guys of the title are three unnamed Pittsburgh undercover police officers who tased and beat an 18 year old African American male student, Jordan Miles, for the crime of carrying a concealed bottle of Mountain Dew.

Here's how he looked after his arrest:

For other pictures go to WPXI's story and check out their photo slide show. Here's how the reporter described Jordan's encounter with Pittsburgh's finest:

~~~contd~~~
eaten!!!
(Cree Indian Prophecy)

synergy
Advanced Member
synergy
Advanced Member

02 Feb 2010, 00:10 #4

Autopsy: Detroit imam shot 20 times at FBI raid
By ED WHITE, Associated Press Writer
6:05 pm EST Mon 01 Feb 2010

DETROIT – A Muslim prayer leader accused of encouraging his followers to commit violence against the U.S. government was shot 20 times during an FBI raid at a suburban warehouse last fall, according to an autopsy report released Monday.

The autopsy was completed a month after Luqman Ameen Abdullah's death, but Dearborn police were granted a delay in releasing the results while they investigate the Oct. 28 shooting, said Dr. Carl Schmidt, Wayne County's chief medical examiner.

Abdullah, 53, died instantly, he said. The FBI says agents were trying to arrest Abdullah at a Dearborn warehouse when he resisted and fired a gun.

Schmidt said Abdullah's body was handcuffed and on the floor of a semitrailer when his investigator arrived at the shooting scene.

"You cannot tell by the gunshot wounds whether he was lying down, standing up, sitting" when he was shot, Schmidt told reporters. "It is impossible to say which one was the fatal gunshot wound. It was a combination of gunshot wounds."

FBI spokeswoman Sandra Berchtold said anyone subject to an arrest warrant is handcuffed "no matter what the circumstances" for the safety of agents and the public.

Abdullah, also known as Christopher Thomas, was the imam of a small mosque in Detroit that served mostly black Muslims. At the time, he and 11 allies were being pursued for federal crimes, chiefly conspiracy to sell stolen goods in an FBI sting operation.

The FBI says Abdullah was spreading a radical anti-government ideology that called for an Islamic state within the U.S. His family denies it. There were no terror-related charges.

Dearborn police still are investigating Abdullah's death. Earlier Monday, Chief Ron Haddad said it will take several more weeks before detectives finish their work and share their findings with the Michigan attorney general's office.

"I'm not going to engage in opinions on the use of force," Haddad said when asked if agents fired too many times. "Whether it clears them, whether they're prosecuted, it'll be up to the next level."

He promised a "clear, honest and objective evaluation."

The shooting also is being examined by the FBI's Inspection Division, which will send results to the Justice Department's Civil Rights Division, said Berchtold, who called it a standard procedure.

"This is one piece of information from that day," she said of the 20 shots. "We'd like to ask people to wait for all the facts to come out to determine an overall reaction. The events that actually occurred in the warehouse have not been publicized."

The chairman of the House Judiciary Committee, U.S. Rep. John Conyers, D-Mich., and the Michigan chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations want a separate investigation. Outside the Dearborn Police Department, a small group of protesters stood near a sign that said, "Stop FBI Terror!"

A lawyer for Abdullah's family, Nabih Ayad, questioned the FBI's tactics.

"A lot of raids are conducted when a suspect has a gun. That doesn't mean you shoot them 20 times," Ayad said in an interview.

Schmidt said the 20 shots caused 21 wounds, mostly on the left side of Abdullah's body, from the abdomen down.
eaten!!!
(Cree Indian Prophecy)

synergy
Advanced Member
synergy
Advanced Member

03 Feb 2010, 19:56 #5

Young Violist Brutally Attacked by Police by hester [Daily Kos recommended diary] Wed Feb 03, 2010 at 08:35:18 AM PST
eaten!!!
(Cree Indian Prophecy)

synergy
Advanced Member
synergy
Advanced Member

30 Apr 2010, 15:51 #6

China: Diplomat beaten, injured by Houston police
AP 9:59 am EDT Fri 30 Apr 2010

BEIJING – China said Friday that a Chinese diplomat in the U.S. was beaten and injured by Houston police and urged an investigation to ensure diplomatic practices are not violated.

The U.S. State Department was taking the matter very seriously and findings of the investigation would be shared with China "as soon as appropriate," said Susan Stevenson, spokeswoman for the U.S. Embassy in Beijing.

She referred further questions to Houston police, which did not immediately return calls seeking comment Friday morning.

The statement from China's Foreign Ministry said police harassed and beat a deputy consul-general while he was driving to the Chinese Consulate in Houston. The statement said a family member also was involved, but did not say if that person was injured.

According to a CBS News report, Houston police last Saturday tried to stop a car which was missing a license plate. When the car didn't stop, they pursued it into a garage without realizing the garage belonged to the Chinese Consulate. Police handcuffed and arrested the driver, injuring him, the CBS report said.

Under international practice, the premises of foreign embassies and consulates are outside the jurisdiction of local law enforcement, and diplomats have legal immunity.

The CBS News report identified the official as Ben Ren Yu. The Houston consulate website lists a deputy consul-general, Yu Boren.

"China urges the U.S. ... to quickly investigate the details of this incident and to look into the persons responsible to ensure that the Chinese diplomatic and consulate personnel and premises are not violated," said the statement attributed to Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Jiang Yu. "The Chinese Foreign Ministry, the Chinese Embassy and the Houston consulate have already made solemn exchanges with the U.S. side."

U.S.-China relations only recently emerged from a tense period aggravated by spats over U.S. arms sales to Taiwan, trade and Chinese currency policy. Comments on at least two major Internet portals had apparently been deleted, an indication the case was considered sensitive, perhaps because of its impact on U.S.-China ties.
eaten!!!
(Cree Indian Prophecy)

synergy
Advanced Member
synergy
Advanced Member

06 May 2010, 16:40 #7

SWAT Team Kills Dog With Child Present, Arrest Father In Misdemeanor Marijuana Bust - By: Jane Hamsher Thursday May 6, 2010 8:19 am | Firedoglake "ACTION"
eaten!!!
(Cree Indian Prophecy)

synergy
Advanced Member
synergy
Advanced Member

08 May 2010, 00:21 #8

Seattle Cops Stomp On Detainee
Chris Halsne
KIRO 7 Eyewitness News Investigative Reporter

Posted: 3:44 pm PDT May 6, 2010Updated: 1:50 pm PDT May 7, 2010
SEATTLE -- Internal affairs detectives have launched a review after seeing a racially charged videotape of two Seattle police officers stomping on an innocent detainee.

KIRO Team 7 Investigative Reporter Chris Halsne received the footage from a freelance photographer.

Before the camera rolled, here was the scenario, gleaned from redacted public records provided by SPD:

WATCH IT: Officer Threatens, Kicks Detainee

On April 17, Seattle police responded to several 911 calls near the China Harbor Restaurant on the west side of Lake Union. Patrons of a nightclub complained of an armed robbery occurring in the parking lot. They told dispatchers the suspects were Hispanic.

About eight blocks away, a pair of guys who appeared to be Hispanic were strolling along the boardwalk when Seattle police officers saw them.

The videotape shows it's about 2 a.m. At least six squad cars full of Seattle police are trying to sort out suspects about a half-mile from a robbery scene.

Three men are being detained, but two of them appear to have nothing to do with the alleged crime.

A member of the SPD gang unit can be seen, down on his knees, yelling at a young man lying face down on the ground. It was unclear what he was saying until the camera moved a little closer.

The audio then became much clearer. The camera microphone picked up the following threat from the officer to the detainee:

"You got me? I'm going to beat the f***ing Mexican piss out of you homey. You feel me?"

About 16 seconds after the officer threatens to "beat the f-ing Mexican piss out of you homey," the uncuffed young man moves his hand to wipe his eye. The officer immediately gives him a violent kick to the head.

Looking at it again closely, it's possible the officer was trying to stomp on the suspect's hand and instead skipped the toe of his boot off the guy's head.

Either way, a recognized expert on policy brutality, who watched the footage, says it should never have happened.

"I suppose I could speculate on some excuse, but looking at the actual facts as recorded in the video, which is always the best evidence, I just don't see any excuse," former Bellevue police chief Don Van Blaricom told Halsne.

Van Blaricom has testified as a police practices expert in more than 1,500 cases nationwide.

"Well, there's absolutely no excuse for stomping on somebody's head who's lying on a concrete surface. Absolutely no excuse for that whatsoever," Van Blaricom said.

The videotape also shows that about 12 seconds after the gang unit officer did his stomping, a female officer walked over to do some stomping of her own; this time onto the back of the knee or calf of the same guy lying face down on the sidewalk.

Once the officers realized they had the wrong guy, they helped him up, brushed him off, and let him go with a serious case of road rash from the concrete.

He seemed a little dazed when the freelance photographer spoke with him afterwards.

Q: "So they kicked you in the head, man?"
A: "Yeah, they did."
Q: "Tell me why they kicked you in the head?"
A: "I don’t know. They knocked me down and kicked me in the head."
Q: "You had nothing to do with what was going on?"
A: "Nothing to do."

While watching the videotape, Van Blaricom noticed the young man wasn't steady on his feet after getting up from the blow to the head. Audio tape confirms that the gang unit officers knew that, yet medical aid isn't apparent on the scene.

The Seattle police officer says to the now-released detainee, "I want you to relax your weight on the car, OK? All right. Put your hands back so you don't fall down. All right?"

Van Blairicom listened to that same officer's earlier comment ("I'm going to beat the f***ing Mexican piss out of you homey. You feel me?") and tells KIRO Team 7 Investigators his use of a racist comment is not only offensive, but could put the whole department in a bad light.

Van Blaricom adds, "If you add racial overtones to a police contact with a suspect, particularly with one that turns out to be totally innocent, that doesn't do anybody any favors. It's insulting to the individual who's called a racial epithet. It's insulting to that community or that culture and people react against it."

The Seattle Police Department today released a three sentence statement, essentially saying it's "aware of possible officer misconduct" and an internal review is under way.
eaten!!!
(Cree Indian Prophecy)

synergy
Advanced Member
synergy
Advanced Member

08 May 2010, 00:24 #9

Video of SPD officer kicking prone man sparks internal investigation
The Seattle Times

Friday, May 7, 2010 - Page updated at 04:56 PM

By Sara Jean Green and Steve Miletich

Seattle Times staff reporters

The Seattle Police Department has launched an internal investigation after a gang detective and a patrol officer were captured on videotape kicking a prone detainee and using derogatory language.

On the video, the gang detective can be heard telling a man lying on a concrete sidewalk, "I'm going to beat the [expletive] Mexican piss out of you, homey. You got me?"

The video was first aired Thursday night on KIRO-TV.

Seattle Mayor Mike McGinn called the video "disturbing" in a written statement Friday.

The Police Department, in a statement, said an internal investigation was ordered April 17 after the department became aware of the incident. The two officers involved have been taken off street duties and assigned other work, said Interim Police Chief John Diaz.

Rich O'Neill, president of the Seattle Police Officers' Guild, said an internal investigation is warranted, but cautioned against jumping to conclusions until the full context of the incident is understood.

"I'm not condoning anything at this point, but we need to reserve judgment until the officers can say what they saw," O'Neill said. "After the officers have had an opportunity to tell their side of the story and it's reviewed [by commanders], then let the chips fall where they may."

Police have not released the name of either officer, but sources identified the gang officer as Shandy Cobane, 44. O'Neill confirmed that Cobane is the officer who made the comment and kicked the man. O'Neill said he doesn't know who the other officer is.

McGinn, in his statement, said, "I watched the video and found it disturbing. Chief Diaz has informed me that SPD and the Office of Professional Accountability are investigating the incident. We won't have any further statement until that process is complete."

Assistant U.S. Attorney Todd Greenberg, who supervises the Seattle office's civil-rights division, said federal prosecutors are "aware" of the videotape and have seen news accounts of what it contains.

"We intend to review the situation," he said.

Diaz said Friday that he has not watched the video because he wants to keep an open mind before he might be asked make disciplinary decisions.

"As soon as it was described to me, I said this is going to the Office of Professional Accountability to be investigated fully," Diaz said in Olympia while attending a ceremony honoring fallen and wounded police officers.

"I am not going to make any predetermined judgments on this case," he said, "but I do have to say that if what I understand is on that video and what I heard is on that video, that's very disturbing to me."

Diaz said one issue investigators will examine is whether one of the officers used a racial slur or language intended to get the detainee under control.

"Am I offended by people using any kind of slur? Absolutely," said Diaz, who is Latino.

The disclosure of the video comes just days before a search committee formed by McGinn is to pick three finalists for Seattle police chief from a list of nine semifinalists, including Diaz and two high-level department commanders, Deputy Chief Clark Kimerer and Assistant Chief Jim Pugel.

The six other semifinalists are current or former chiefs from across the country, including Spokane Police Chief Anne Kirkpatrick.

The 26-member search committee is scheduled to announce on Tuesday the three finalists, whose names will be submitted to McGinn. McGinn will make the selection of the next chief, subject to confirmation by the City Council.

The robbery

According to KIRO-TV, which got the video from a freelance videographer, Seattle police officers responded to the area near China Harbor restaurant after several nightclub patrons called 911 to report an armed robbery in the parking lot. The patrons apparently described the robbery suspects as Hispanic.

Around 1:15 a.m. April 17, a patron of China Harbor, located at 2040 Westlake Ave. N., went to the parking lot to say goodbye to his girlfriend, who had gotten into her car, according to a police report on the armed robbery.

Four Hispanic men walked up to him, and one of them demanded money and pulled out a 3-foot-long machete, according to the report. The man told his girlfriend to leave and began walking to his car, but was followed by the four men, the report says. According to the report, a second suspect told the victim, "We are [blank]. We can kill you right now. We can do whatever we want with you."

Seattle police typically redact — or black out — the names of street gangs in police reports.

The victim gave the men $20, but they demanded more money so he gave them another $20 before getting into his vehicle and calling 911, the report says. He told officers the man with the machete appeared to be drunk or on drugs.

The victim was able to positively identify at least one of the suspects at the scene, the police report says. Police later arrested two of the four men — one told officers he was from Mexico while the other said he was from El Salvador, according to the police report. A third man was interviewed and released at the scene, and the fourth man was not found.

It's unknown if the man released from the scene is the same man seen in the video.

The video

The video, shot around 2 a.m., shows a group of officers detaining three men, who are lying on a sidewalk about a half-mile from the robbery scene.

After one of the men moves a hand to his face, it appears Cobane is trying to stop the movement with his boot but ends up kicking the man's head. The man can be seen reacting, his head briefly flinching upward. Moments later, a female patrol officer is seen stepping on the back of the man's leg or knee.

It was later determined that the man and another detainee weren't involved in the armed robbery, KIRO reported. The officers help the man to his feet and sit him against a patrol car. The man, who has a scrape on his head, tells the videographer: "They knocked me down and kicked me in the head."

Seattle police spokesman Sean Whitcomb said he didn't know if the two officers filed use-of-force reports, which are required when the use of physical force causes an injury, could reasonably be expected to cause an injury, or results in a complaint of injury.

Whitcomb said The Times would have to file a public-disclosure request with the department for that information.

O'Neill, who viewed the video for the first time Friday morning, said given that officers were "proning them [the detainees] out on the ground," something early in the contact must have happened before the camera started rolling — perhaps the men refused to answer questions, failed to comply with commands or showed signs that they planned to flee.

As for the comment by Cobane, who can be heard threatening to beat the "Mexican piss" out of a detainee, O'Neill said that gang officers deal with plenty of rough characters and often need to use coarse language.

"If people believe that in the course of police work that everything is 'Officer Friendly' and 'Mr. Rogers,' that's a very naive view of what goes on," he said.

From previous experience arresting roughly 1,000 people suspected of driving under the influence, O'Neill said it appeared to him that the man who was kicked was "absolutely intoxicated," pointing to the man's long eye blinks and slow responses as signs of impairment.

"Being intoxicated isn't illegal, but it does lead to perception problems," he said. "Did he know what was going on, that he was being questioned as a possible armed felon? Maybe he wasn't following directions and they didn't know who they had at that point."

The Latina/o Bar Association of Washington on Friday condemned what it labeled an act of brutality and demanded explanations.

"This police brutality is an outrage to all citizens, in particular, the Latino community," the organization said in a written statement. "Moreover, the incident occurred 19 days before the public learned, from a local television report, of the racially charged beating."

Seattle Times staff reporters Mike Carter, Jennifer Sullivan and Bob Young and news researcher Miyoko Wolf contributed to this report.

Sara Jean Green: 206-515-5654 or sgreen@seattletimes.com
eaten!!!
(Cree Indian Prophecy)

synergy
Advanced Member
synergy
Advanced Member

12 May 2010, 01:13 #10

Video captures Seattle cop kicking Latino suspect in the face, using ethnic slur -- and then releasing him - By David Neiwert Tuesday May 11, 2010 12:30pm | Crooks and Liars
eaten!!!
(Cree Indian Prophecy)

synergy
Advanced Member
synergy
Advanced Member

22 May 2010, 22:56 #11

Sharpton: Detroit girl's death is 'breaking point'
By ED WHITE, Associated Press Writer
5:02 pm EDT Sat 22 May 2010

DETROIT – Civil rights activist the Rev. Al Sharpton gave a rousing eulogy Saturday for a 7-year-old girl killed in a police raid, challenging the hundreds of mourners to take responsibility and help stop a spiral of violence that has swept the city.

Sharpton lobbed some criticism at Detroit police, whose explanation of how Aiyana Stanley-Jones died from a gunshot has been contradicted by the girl's family. But he mostly offered a broad cultural message to a city where at least three children and an officer have been killed in recent weeks.

"I'd rather tell you to start looking at the man in the mirror. We've all done something that contributed to this," he said referring to Aiyana's death.

"This is it," Sharpton said at Second Ebenezer Church. "This child is the breaking point."

The congregation stood and applauded Sharpton, the final speaker at a nearly two-hour service that included stirring gospel music and remarks from clergy.

Aiyana was shot in the neck while sleeping on a couch May 16. Police hunting for a murder suspect say an officer's gun accidentally fired inside the house after he was jostled by, or collided with, her grandmother. A stun grenade was also thrown through a window.

A lawyer for Aiyana's family, Geoffrey Fieger, is suing and claims the shot was fired from outside the house immediately after the grenade was used. A camera crew working on the A&E reality series "The First 48" accompanied police on the raid.

"Do they throw these flash grenades in everybody's neighborhood? Would you have gone in Bloomfield Hills and did what you did?" Sharpton said, referring to a wealthy Detroit suburb. "Have you ever heard of putting on a light and calling people to come out?"

Before the service, Aiyana's coffin was open for people to pay their respects. An arrangement of pink and white roses shaped like a princess crown and bearing her name was on a stand.

A few days earlier, Michigan Attorney General Mike Cox, a Republican running for governor, criticized Sharpton's visit, saying he was disgusted and accusing the New Yorker of a "drive-by at the scene of a tragedy."

"I'm disgusted when I look at a 7-year-old baby in a casket," Sharpton said during his eulogy. "And rather turn to each other, we name-call and ego-tripping and trying to jump in front of a camera rather than stand up and say, 'Enough is enough.'"

Sharpton said children need guidance and respect and maybe Aiyana's death will be the catalyst.

Young men carried Aiyana's white casket on their shoulders out of the church to a horse-led cortege for burial at Trinity Cemetery.

The mourners included Erica Milioni of Adrian, her husband and their seven children. They are trying to move to Detroit to get involved in urban farming and had heard about the tragedy.

"The Bible says weep with those who weep. I thought it was a blessing. I was blessed by the mix of truth and the pursuit of peace," Milioni said of the service.

Aiyana's cousin, Rachel Conley, 34, of Eastpointe said she was inspired by Sharpton and plans to start a program called "Aiyana's Angels" to give young girls a safe place to be, perhaps a few times a month.

Roshell Johnson, 9, was wearing a shirt with a picture of Aiyana, her best friend. The funeral program said she liked Disney's "Hannah Montana" show and all the Disney princesses.

"Why did the police do it to her?" Roshell said after the service. "I loved her so much. I want her to come back alive."
eaten!!!
(Cree Indian Prophecy)

synergy
Advanced Member
synergy
Advanced Member

27 May 2010, 08:40 #12

Witness says he has nightmares about police abuse
By KAREN HAWKINS, Associated Press Writer – Wed May 26, 8:30 pm ET

CHICAGO – A 63-year-old former gang member nicknamed "Satan" testified Wednesday that he still has nightmares about being shocked and suffocated by former Chicago police lieutenant and his men during a murder investigation more than 35 years ago.

Anthony Holmes was the first witness called in Jon Burge's federal trial on obstruction of justice and perjury charges.

Burge is accused of lying when he denied in a civil lawsuit that he and other detectives had tortured suspects. He faces a maximum of 45 years in prison if convicted of all charges. He's pleaded not guilty to the charges and is free on bond.

Burge was fired by the police department in 1993 for mistreatment of a suspect, but no charges were filed.

Holmes testified that Burge and several officers rousted him from bed early on May 29, 1973, and took him to the Area 2 police station on Chicago's South Side to question him about a murder.

Once there, he said Burge cuffed his wrists and ankles, put plastic bags over his head and attached wires to his body so an electric current could be sent through them.

"(It was) like a thousand needles going through my body," Holmes said, emotion in his voice. "I thought I had died."

After several rounds of passing out and being revived by Burge, he said he agreed to sign a confession to the murder to get the abuse to stop. He was later convicted and served 30 years in prison.

"Whatever he wanted me to say, I would've said it," he said.

Holmes said the abuse still gives him nightmares and he feels withdrawn and helpless.

"(You have) no control over the situation, it breaks you down," he said.

The founder of a South Side gang involved in a string of robberies in the 1970s, Holmes said he got the nickname "Satan" when he was 2 years old after he threw his older brother's pants in the dirt.

Earlier Wednesday, prosecutors and defense attorneys gave their opening statements, painting conflicting portraits of Burge as either a secretive and zealous torturer or a heroic Vietnam vet who fought to keep the streets safe.

"Hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil — that could have been the motto of Area 2" when Burge was in charge, said Betsy Biffl, a civil rights attorney for the U.S. Justice Department. "Area 2 had a dirty little secret."

She laid out the prosecution's case, saying the jury would hear testimony from a former detective who worked under Burge and allegedly participated in the abuse. Prosecutors also plan to call more former suspects who, like Holmes, said they were tortured by Burge or other officers during the 1970s and 1980s.

The abuse allegedly included beatings, gun threats and electric shock. One man said his tormentors poured soda into his nose.

Many of the men have criminal backgrounds, including Andrew Wilson, who was convicted of killing two police officers in 1982. Wilson died in prison, and his testimony from an earlier case will be read to the jury.

In his opening statement, defense attorney Bill Gamboney painted the prosecution's witnesses as "street thugs." He reiterated Burge's claim that no abuse ever happened.

"He's an honorable man," Gamboney said of Burge. "He did not torture anybody, and he had no knowledge of any torture."

The cross-examination of Holmes is scheduled to continue Thursday. The trial before U.S. District Judge Joan Lefkow is expected to last six weeks.
eaten!!!
(Cree Indian Prophecy)

synergy
Advanced Member
synergy
Advanced Member

31 May 2010, 14:40 #13

Caught on Tape: Hollywood LAPD Bash Bicyclists During BP Protest Ride - Lisa Derrick Saturday May 29, 2010 11:46 pm | Firedoglake "La Figa"
eaten!!!
(Cree Indian Prophecy)

synergy
Advanced Member
synergy
Advanced Member

22 Jun 2010, 22:16 #14

Iraq Veteran Beating Tape: Video Of NYPD Assaulting Walter Harvin Released (VIDEO) - The Huffington Post | First Posted: 06-22-10 11:31 AM | Updated: 06-22-10 11:31 AM
eaten!!!
(Cree Indian Prophecy)

synergy
Advanced Member
synergy
Advanced Member

24 Jun 2010, 13:42 #15

Iraq war veteran Walter Harvin went downhill after beating, mom testifies
New York Daily News

BY Oren Yaniv
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Thursday, June 24th 2010, 4:00 AM

Her hero son's PTSD only got worse after the beating he took from a city cop, an Iraq war veteran's mom testified Wednesday.

And now, he's missing.

"I don't know if my son is alive or dead," said Cora Page, 46, of son Walter Harvin, who was seen cuffed and on the ground, taking baton blow after baton blow from Officer David London.

London is on trial for assault and falsifying a police report after a video of the July 2008 beating surfaced.

He and Harvin tangled when the vet tried to slip into his mother's W. 93rd St. home without a key.

When Harvin, 30, got back from Iraq in 2006, he had posttraumatic stress disorder. He couldn't sleep well, talked loudly to himself and had paranoid episodes, his mom said.

After the beating, things got a lot worse, she testified: "He was a mess."

But London's lawyer Stephen Worth suggested Harvin's disappearance is more an act than a real concern: "Were he cross examined, he'd be asked about his actions and he'd have no good answers to give you," he told jurors.
eaten!!!
(Cree Indian Prophecy)