My complaint

This is the primary discussion football forum for Auburn Tiger Football fans. Open MODERATED posting for all college football fans. There is some serious smack
talk found here, as well as knowledgeable and informed discussion!
augolfnut
Knuckle Draggin\' Soldier
augolfnut
Knuckle Draggin\' Soldier
Joined: November 15th, 2009, 4:31 am

October 10th, 2017, 8:56 pm #11

What we need is to continue to improve every week and get Pettway (et al) well.  I have had this problem that Pettway has.  It hurts like sin.  It is caused by microscopic tears in the plantar tendon.  My cure was stretching exercises and anti-inflammatories.
Quote
Like
Share

CharlesUFarley
TIGER OVERLORD
CharlesUFarley
TIGER OVERLORD
Joined: September 28th, 2008, 12:02 am

October 11th, 2017, 3:53 pm #12

augolfnut wrote: What we need is to continue to improve every week and get Pettway (et al) well.  I have had this problem that Pettway has.  It hurts like sin.  It is caused by microscopic tears in the plantar tendon.  My cure was stretching exercises and anti-inflammatories.
The biggest monkey on Malzahn's back is the fact that he has no answers when the game goes off script.  So far, obviously, he was shut down at Clemson and kept trying to run long developing pass patterns and got our QB sacked 11 times.  He made no adjustments.  There were no cut blocks and quick passes and hot reads or anything to try to beat the defense Clemson was using.  Instead, we did what Malzahn has always done: take more time and try to throw deep and mix in some trick plays.

Truly, I think execution in that game, and our first three games, was so lousy that it wouldn't have mattered, but Malzahn/Lindsey have still showed no ability to adjust when the game goes off script.  So, if a team proves they can pressure the QB and still contain the running game, Malzahn is going to have to adjust to plays he hasn't run at Auburn since the last decade, and didn't run many of them then.  He has never demonstrated an ability to do that very well.  Don't give me that "this is Lindsey's offense" crap either.  This is the same problem we've had.

We won the turnover battles and the penalty battles against the M teams of the SEC.  Will we get those calls in Tiger Stadium?
"The problem with Socialism is that eventually you run out of other people's money" --Margaret Thatcher

Quote
Like
Share

Aubie
TIGER OVERLORD
Aubie
TIGER OVERLORD
Joined: August 26th, 2006, 10:09 pm

October 12th, 2017, 5:08 am #13

1983AUGrad wrote: We DO hit Hastings over the middle, in fact he dropped one vs Ol miss.  And the TD to Davis was a quick pass in the flats.  

Also, he passes to the speed sweep guy once or twice a game.

Remember, we only pass about 20-25 times a game, there are only so many places to pass, and 5-8 will be down the field.
Passes less than 5 yards and over 40 yards, yes we target the middle of the field.  There is a void between 5 and 40 inside the numbers that we have zero completions.  But, I'm sure you're right and we are saving those to screw up Georgia and Alabama when we really need them.
Quote
Like
Share

justautigers
SUPREME TIGER
justautigers
SUPREME TIGER
Joined: November 21st, 2010, 9:13 pm

October 14th, 2017, 7:46 pm #14

They must read these threads. Opening play complete to TE.
Quote
Like
Share

Cazenave26
Senior Tiger
Cazenave26
Senior Tiger
Joined: February 1st, 2007, 9:53 am

October 14th, 2017, 10:29 pm #15

CharlesUFarley wrote:
augolfnut wrote: What we need is to continue to improve every week and get Pettway (et al) well.  I have had this problem that Pettway has.  It hurts like sin.  It is caused by microscopic tears in the plantar tendon.  My cure was stretching exercises and anti-inflammatories.
The biggest monkey on Malzahn's back is the fact that he has no answers when the game goes off script.  So far, obviously, he was shut down at Clemson and kept trying to run long developing pass patterns and got our QB sacked 11 times.  He made no adjustments.  There were no cut blocks and quick passes and hot reads or anything to try to beat the defense Clemson was using.  Instead, we did what Malzahn has always done: take more time and try to throw deep and mix in some trick plays.

Truly, I think execution in that game, and our first three games, was so lousy that it wouldn't have mattered, but Malzahn/Lindsey have still showed no ability to adjust when the game goes off script.  So, if a team proves they can pressure the QB and still contain the running game, Malzahn is going to have to adjust to plays he hasn't run at Auburn since the last decade, and didn't run many of them then.  He has never demonstrated an ability to do that very well.  Don't give me that "this is Lindsey's offense" crap either.  This is the same problem we've had.

We won the turnover battles and the penalty battles against the M teams of the SEC.  Will we get those calls in Tiger Stadium?
17 quick ones but now the offense has started to fade. LSU tried to hand us the game early but we can't catch a ball thrown right to a DB. We're playing a program that is so close to death this year Hospice is calling, but we're trying to make their season. So tired of this crap. Hate to be the glass is half full but the past few weeks seemed like a mirage. Same disturbing trends (dropped passes, holding the ball too long in the pocket), but thankfully opponents that have destroyed their programs completely. This is not a top 10 team and definitely not a top 10 offense or offensive scheme. Georgia and Alabama are going to wipe this team out and we'll be listening to another year of CGM talking about how close the program is. Groundhog Day.
Quote
Like
Share

div3
Tiger Recruit
div3
Tiger Recruit
Joined: October 2nd, 2006, 12:30 am

October 14th, 2017, 10:36 pm #16

this game is reminding me of the Florida State game national championship,, déjà vu,, it's Gus!
Quote
Like
Share

div3
Tiger Recruit
div3
Tiger Recruit
Joined: October 2nd, 2006, 12:30 am

October 14th, 2017, 10:49 pm #17

what a g___n joke! "same bat time,,, same bat channel"! "groundhog day gus" is gonna have an elaborate speech ready,,, NOT! maddening!
Quote
Like
Share

justautigers
SUPREME TIGER
justautigers
SUPREME TIGER
Joined: November 21st, 2010, 9:13 pm

October 14th, 2017, 11:07 pm #18

Do we not a have 1 damned pass play less than 40 yds in our f'n playbook. WTF. This s&%t is on Gus and Chip. How the F do you blow a 20 pt lead and then proceed to get outscored and outcoached by a lame duck, due to be fired, full time interim coach.
Unbelievable
Quote
Like
Share

1983AUGrad
TIGER OVERLORD
1983AUGrad
TIGER OVERLORD
Joined: January 5th, 2006, 5:19 am

October 15th, 2017, 12:41 am #19

Gary (announcer) said something like Stidham was 3-10 in the 2nd half and 8 of those passes were over 35 yards....
   As if I didn't Love Auburn already....... My Son is an Auburn Tiger!!!!

  War Eagle!!!!!!
     

  
Quote
Like
Share

augolfnut
Knuckle Draggin\' Soldier
augolfnut
Knuckle Draggin\' Soldier
Joined: November 15th, 2009, 4:31 am

October 15th, 2017, 5:51 am #20

justautigers wrote: They must read these threads. Opening play complete to TE.
Yes, but they had him split out and threw to the sideline.  We only use the middle on the deep post.
Quote
Like
Share