July 11th, 2017, 4:42 pm #61

"I have found out that the real essentials of greatness in men are not written in books, nor can they be found in the schools, They are written into the inner consciousness of everyone who intensely searches for perfection in creative achievement and are understandable to such men only."

"The two directions of thinking are the outward direction toward your material equipment which gives you your resources, and the inward direction toward your mental equipment, which gives you your resourcefulness."

"The keystone of the entire structure of the spiritual and physical universe is Rhythmic Balanced Interchange between all opposites."

"Tiredness and fatigue are effects caused by ignorance of Nature and disobedience to her inexorable law. You may command Nature to the extent only in which you are willing to obey her. You cannot intelligently obey that which you do not comprehend. Ask of Nature that you may be one with her and she will whisper her secrets to you to the extent in which you are prepared to listen. Seek to be alone much to commune with Nature and be thus inspired by her mighty whisperings within your consciousness. Nature is a most jealous god, for she will not whisper her inspiring revelations to you unless you are absolutely alone with her."

"Great art is simple. My universe is great art, for it is simple. 
Great art is balanced. My universe is consummate art, for it is balanced simplicity. 
My universe is one in which many things have majestic measure; and again another many have measure too fine for sensing. Yet I have not one law for majestic things, and another law for things which are beyond the sensing. 
I have but one law for all My opposed pairs of creating things: and that law needs but one word to spell it out, so hear Me when I say that the one word of My one law is Balance. And if man needs two words to aid him in his knowing of the workings of that law, these two words are Balanced Interchange.
If man still needs more words to aid his knowing of My one law, give to him another one, and let those three words be Rhythmic Balanced Interchange."

"Electricity is the strain or tension set up by the two opposing desires of universal Mind thinking: the desire for balanced action and the desire for rest.
This electric universe is a complexity of strains caused by the interaction of these two opposing, interchanging electric desires. 
All matter is electric. All matter is conditioned into greater or lesser strains according to the intensity of desire which is the cause of all electric strain to which it is subjected. 
The farther removed from rest, the greater the strain or tension. That which we call high electric potential is merely great strain to maintain a condition which is far from the condition of rest.
The familiar return ball with which a child plays is a good example of electric strain. When the ball is thrown from the hand, the elastic gradually tightens to increase the tension of resistance to strain generated in the elastic. The strain continues to intensify until the ball comes to rest. When the ball returns, the strain gradually lessens until the ball again comes to rest in the childs hand. When that happens, the strain and tension have been voided. Tension has not BECOME rest; it has ceased to be. 
This whole electric universe is a complex maze of similar tensions. Every particle of matter in the universe is separated from its condition of oneness, just as the return ball is separated from the hand, and each is connected with the other one by an electric thread of light which measures the tension of that separateness."

"Weight is a measure of unbalance. It indicates the intensity of desire of any mass which is out of balance to find balance.
Every mass in the universe has its proper potential position. Every mass will find that position if not prevented from doing so by the bindings of other masses. 
Weight should be measured dually as temperature is. It should have an above and a below zero to measure the intensity of desire in masses to rise from the earth as well as to fall toward it.
WEIGHT IS MATTER OUT OF PLACE
All matter is a record of its potential at the place of its birth in its wave. Masses of matter, like buoys floating in the ocean to mark courses for ships, are floating in space to register the electric potential of the position of their birth. 
Whenever matter is in the place of its birth, it belongs there. It is, therefore, in balance. It floats in its balanced field. In that position it is weightless in respect to anything else in the universe. Whenever it is taken from its field center, or becomes an eccentric part of another field, it is out of balance with the two forces acting upon it. It then has weight, and the measure of that weight is the measure of its unbalance with its out-of-place environment.
Weight of matter and measure of electric potential are one and the same thing."

"Large scale examples of this process can be seen in any of the spiral nebulae, notably Nebula 74 Piscium. Two fiery spiral arms of radiation mother-light reach out from the equator of its central sun to born its countless other suns and earths by unfolding them from its centering seed. 
Two black arms of gravitating father-light pull spirally inward from the heavens toward the poles of the centering giant sun to generate the sun in incandescent oneness of all form. 
Gravitation is the male principle of Creation. Gravity refolds toward the seed.
Radiation is the female principle of Creation. Radiation unfolds from the seed.
The generating light of gravitation and the degenerative light of radiation are projected through each other from rest to rest in pulsing sequences to manifest idea by borning father-mother forms of idea through their voiding interchange. This principle of rhythmic balanced interchange between father-mother lights of gravitation and radiation is fundamental in all creating things.
It is the principle of two-way equal giving which manifests the quality of Love in the Light of the One."

"The law of cause and effect always works. When anything goes wrong with you or with the world, you are or humanity in general is responsible, not God. ... God's doing God's part is what Creation or the outworking of cosmic law means. Therefore, instead of asking God to fulfil God's part, attain knowledge of cosmic law so that you can harmoniously work with God to fulfil your desire. Anything that is wrong with you is of your own making; therefore, gain knowledge of the cause and of cosmic law. 
People who ask God for fulfilment of their desires forget that material things are created only through two-way action. Material things are not created by rubbing an Aladdin lamp or through wishful thinking. They are created through balanced action and reaction."

-- Walter Russell

"I have a high art: I hurt with cruelty those who wound me." (Archilochus)
[/i]

September 12th, 2017, 10:59 am #62

"...but suppose we were an influence (as we might be), an idea, a thing invulnerable, intangible, without front or back, drifting about like a gas? Armies were like plants, immobile as a whole, firm-rooted, nourished through long stems to the head, we might be a vapour, blowing where we listed. Our kingdoms lay in each man's mind, as we wanted nothing material to live on, so perhaps we offered nothing material to the killing. It seemed a regular soldier might be helpless without a target. He would own the ground he sat on, and what he could poke his rifle at."

"Nine-tenths of tactics are certain, and taught in books: but the irrational tenth is like the kingfisher flashing across the pool, and that is the test of generals. It can only be ensured by instinct, sharpened by thought practising the stroke so often that at the crisis it is as natural as a reflex."

"The printing press is the greatest weapon in the armoury of the modern commander..."

"It seemed that rebellion must have an unassailable base, something guarded not merely from attack, but from the fear of it: such a base as we had in the Red Sea Parts, the desert, or in the minds of the men we converted to our creed. It must have a sophisticated alien enemy, in the form of a disciplined army of occupation too small to fulfil the doctrine of acreage: too few to adjust number to space, in order to dominate the whole area effectively from fortified posts. It must have a friendly population, not actively friendly, but sympathetic to the point of not betraying rebel movements to the enemy. Rebellions can be made by 2 per cent. active in a striking force, and 98 per cent. passively sympathetic. The few active rebels must have the qualities of speed and endurance, ubiquity and independence of arteries of supply. They must have the technical equipment to destroy or paralyse the enemy’s organised communications, for irregular war is fairly Willisen’s definition of strategy, “the study of communication” in its extreme degree, of attack where the enemy is not."

"In fifty words: Granted mobility, security (in the form of denying targets to the enemy), time, and doctrine (the idea to convert every subject to friendliness), victory will rest with the insurgents, for the algebraical factors are in the end decisive, and against them perfections of means and spirit struggle quite in vain."

-- T.E. Lawrence.

[/i]

October 7th, 2017, 9:52 am #63

"If death is the absence of life, then death's death is life."

"The trouble with the people on this planet is they refuse to think they refuse to believe anything except what they know."

"If you are not a myth whose reality are you? If you are not a reality whose myth are you?"

"I see them as they are to is
And not the seeming isness of the was."

"Out of nowhere they come like embers suddenly aflame
With living reach
Spiral infinity
Being.
Yes. Out of nowhere they come from the no point."

"When the person Myth meets the person Reality
The spirit of the impossible-strange appears
In dark disguise
It is always there where nothing inverts itself
and becomes something
Whatever is the imperative need"

"People have a lot more of the unknown than the known in their minds. The unknown is great; it's like the darkness. Nobody made that. It just happens. Light and all that — someone made that; it's written that they did. But nobody made the darkness. My music is about dark tradition. Dark tradition means a lot more about than black tradition. There's a lot of division in what they call black. I'm not into division. I'm into coordination, discipline and tradition."

-- Sun Ra

[/i]

January 15th, 2018, 4:38 pm #64

"Happiness is not a matter of intensity but of balance, order, rhythm and harmony."

"The universe is one great kindergarten. Everything that exists has brought with it its own peculiar lesson. The mountain teaches stability and grandeur; the ocean immensity and change. Forests, lakes, and rivers, clouds and winds, stars and flowers, stupendous glaciers and crystal snowflakes every form of animate or inanimate existence, leaves its impress upon our soul."

"The great trouble with all of us who are struggling with unhappy or unfortunate conditions is that we have separated ourselves in some way from the great magnetic center of creation. We are not thinking right, and so we are not attracting the right things. “Think the things you want.” The profoundest philosophy is locked up in these few words. Think of them clearly, persistently, concentrating upon them with all the force and might of your mind, and struggle toward them with all your energy. This is the way to make yourself a magnet for the things you want. But the moment you begin to doubt, to worry, to fear, you demagnetize yourself, and the things you desire flee from you. You drive them away by your mental attitude. They cannot come near you while you are deliberately separating yourself from them. You are going in one direction, and the things you want are going in the opposite direction."

"If you have had an unfortunate experience, forget it. If you have made a failure in speech, your song, your book, your article, if you have been placed in an embarrassing position, if you have fallen and hurt yourself by a false step, if you have been slandered and abused, do not dwell upon it. There is not a single redeeming feature in these memories, and the presence of their ghosts will rob you of many a happy hour. There is nothing in it. Drop them. Forget them. Wipe them out of your mind forever. If you have been indiscreet, imprudent, if you have been talked about, if your reputation has been injured so that you fear you can never outgrow it or redeem it, do not drag the hideous shadows, the rattling skeletons about with you, Rub them off from the shite of memory. Wipe them out. Forget them. Start with a clean slate and spend all your energies in keeping it clean for the future."

-- Orison Swett Marden.

[/i]

February 22nd, 2018, 12:04 pm #65

"Yin and yang are the left and right hands of the Infinite — creator, destroyer, and reproducer of everything that exists."

"Only those who see that the two sides of all phenomena, visible and invisible, are front and back or beginning and end of one reality can embrace any antagonistic situation, see its complementarity , and help others to do the same, thereby establishing peace and harmony."

-- George Ohsawa.

[/i]

February 22nd, 2018, 12:51 pm #66

"Constantly seek difficulties. You shouldn't be afraid to fail; rather you should fail continually, so that you can win in the end. Without difficulties, we cannot grow."

"Whenever you wash dishes, cook, or clean, if you make no sound, this is smartness itself. A person who enters a house and makes a lot of noise is revealing a lack of spirituality; even cats and dogs do not make unnecessary sounds, and man as he naturally is does not make any either."

"Although the future exists, you can avoid or alter it by changing your present condition. By the quality of our condition, we attract or are attracted to particular types of experiences. If our condition is good we do not attract or need to experience certain events that would otherwise be necessary to balance our lives. We exert control over and have responsibility for our future because it is determined by our present condition."

"Peace begins in the kitchens and pantries, gardens and backyards, where our food is grown and prepared. The energies of nature and the infinite universe are absorbed through the foods we eat and are transmuted into our thoughts and actions."

-- Michio Kushi.

[/i]

February 24th, 2018, 5:41 pm #67

"Functional strength is the successful application of force along productive lines."

"Performance is directly correlated with intensity. Intensity is directly correlated with discomfort."

"We fail at the margins of our experience."

"Don’t eat anything with a label on it."

"Powerful hip extension is necessary and damn near sufficient to claim elite athletic capacity."

"Cardiorespiratory endurance, stamina, strength, power, speed, flexibility, agility, accuracy, balance, and coordination: you’re as good as your weakest link."

"Have fun screwing up…it means you are removing your ego from the problem."

"We are practicing not weightlifting but commitment. Commitment spawns success. Only by redoubling our efforts do we best succeed. Expecting success to motivate our efforts is the loser’s gambit."

"The magic is in the movement, the art is in the programming, the science is in the explanation, and the fun is in the community."

-- Greg Glassman.

[/i]

July 21st, 2018, 3:36 pm #68

Some great quotes here from David Carradine's Kung Fu.
https://anuradhaedirisuriya.wordpress.c ... -season-1/

[/i]