Jesus is the Fountain of living waters!

Sonday-Word
Sonday-Word

January 30th, 2011, 2:33 am #1

"As the deer pants for the water brooks, So pants my soul for You, O God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When shall I come and appear before God?" (Psalms 42:1-2)

Often in life our throat gets totally parched and the moment we get something to drink our first few mouthfuls are huge gulps, but then as the thirst becomes satisfied we savor the sips and our response is one of appreciation. In our busy lives a lot of us just take big gulps then move on, but in Psalms 42 the invitation is there from the Lord Jesus to stay and savor the water, by "water" the Word of God or Jesus is meant of course. The "water" is Jesus, He is the Word.

As we savor His living waters His life begins to flow into us since they are His Words. To some the seeking of the still waters seems unproductive and a waste of time. It does not seem to bring an instant result or even have any outward manifestation in our panting bodies.

God is sometimes hard to find as we race across the wilderness looking for water to satiate our thirst. So when we do find Him we should stop and savor Him.

Life if we are honest is sometimes not easy, David sums this up in Psalms 42:3-5 My tears have been my food day and night, While they continually say unto me, Where is thy God? These things I remember, and pour out my soul within me, how I went with the throng, and led them to the house of God, with the voice of joy and praise, a multitude keeping holy-day. Why art thou cast down, O my soul? And why art thou disquieted within me? Hope thou in God; for I shall yet praise him for the help of his countenance.

The journey to the brook is filled with longings and panting. Much of our prayer focuses on our needs on our tears, our illness, our financial collapse, our hunger, our thirst or our desires, but when we find the watered brook [The Word of God, Jesus], once we have satisfied the immediate need for water, if we linger our focus moves to His desires and we fall into His heart overwhelmed by love and captured by his passion we come into communion with Him and we are transformed. What we gaze upon we become, so if we are not focusing on Jesus we become scattered. If we stop at the watered brook and gaze upon its source we fall into His heart and become like Him.

In Jeremiah 17:13 we read: "O Lord, the Hope of Israel, all who forsake You shall be put to shame. They who depart from You and me [Your prophet] shall [disappear like] writing upon the ground, because they have forsaken the Lord, the Fountain of living waters."

John 4:13-15
"Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again: But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.
The woman saith unto him, Sir, give me this water, that I thirst not, neither come hither to draw."

:)
:)

January 30th, 2011, 8:37 pm #2

Words of Jesus given through STACEY YERIAN from Colorado
12/17/10

"I speak to you again Beloved to have singular vision like the dove. Keep looking at Me. For I AM the author and perfector of your faith. Keep your mind set on Me and My Word. For the enemy is desperately trying to get you off course to lure you away. First and foremost, set your mind on things above and not the things of this world for the lusts of the flesh, the lusts of the eyes and the pride of life are vying for your attention and affections. Resist the enemy and he will flee from you.

Just as I am jealous over you My Bride, you must be jealous over your time spent with me. Guard this time as you would guard the most valuable earthy treasure. You must desire to know Me more than ever before.

This is a season to rejoice in Me but not through the works of the flesh. This is a season wherein I want to pour out blessings upon you that can only be found in My presence. There is Joy unspeakable and full of Glory that I desire to release to you. Do you desire Joy? Do you desire Peace? Do you need My strength? Do you seek first the Kingdom? Then look to Me and seek My face. Come to our meeting place. Come and adore Me. Worship Me in Spirit and in Truth.

Do you really love Me? Will you worship Me if I take away all that remains today and theres nothing left but the breath you breathe and your heart that beats. Will it still beat for Me? Will you still sing My praise?

I will not settle for less than all of you Beloved. I want your heart, your mind, your soul and your strength. I want to rekindle the passion of your love for Me. There are embers to be fanned in the place of My presence. Let Me fan the flame and set you ablaze with My fire and My glory.

For you know the gifts you desire will never be found under a tree. My grace is sufficient for thee. Is grace not My free gift to you? Will I not freely pour out upon you all that you have need of in this hour? Do I not know your needs even before you ask?

So gaze upon Me and worship Me with all your heart, soul and strength, and in My presence, your faith will produce a new hope that brings joy and peace. My joy will bring the strength you need and seek. And as you are strengthened, you will patiently endure all that is set before you in the days to come as you also receive the promise of your inheritance in Me. I am waiting Beloved. Come away with Me."
-----------------------------

Nehemiah 8:10-11 And be not grieved and depressed, for the joy of the Lord is your strength and stronghold. So the Levites quieted all the people, saying, Be still, for the day is holy. And do not be grieved and sad.

Ps 16:11 You will show me the path of life; in your Presence is fullness of joy, at Your right hand there are pleasures forevermore.

Hebrews 12:2 Looking away [from all that will distract] to Jesus, Who is the Leader and the Source of our faith [giving the first incentive for our belief] and is also its Finisher [bringing it to maturity and perfection]. He, for the joy [of obtaining the prize] that was set before Him, endured the cross, despising and ignoring the shame, and is now seated at the right hand of the throne of God. [Ps 110:10]

Romans 15:13 May the God of your hope so fill you will all joy and peace in believing [through the experience of your faith] that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound and be overflowing (bubbling over) with hope.

Isaiah 12:1-3 And in that day you will say, I will give thanks to You, O Lord; for though You were angry with me, Your anger has turned away, and You comfort me. Behold, God, my salvation! I will trust and not be afraid, for the Lord God is my strength and song; yes, He has become my salvation. Therefore with joy will you draw water from the wells of salvation.

Isaiah 61:7 Instead of your [former] shame you shall have a twofold recompense; instead of dishonor and reproach [your people] shall rejoice in their portion. Therefore in their land they shall possess double [what they had forfeited]; everlasting joy shall be theirs.

Col 1:11-12 [We pray] that you may be invigorated and strengthened with all power according to the might of His glory, [to exercise] every kind of endurance and patience (perseverance and forbearance) with joy. Giving thanks to the Father, Who has qualified and made us fit to share the portion which is the inheritance of the saints (Gods holy people) in the Light.

11 Thess 1:4 And this is a cause of our mentioning you with pride among the churches (assemblies) of God for your steadfastness (your unflinching endurance and patience) and your firm faith in the midst of all the persecutions and crushing distresses and afflictions under which you are holding up.

John 4:23 Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshippers will worship the Father in spirit and truth for they are the kind of worshippers the Father seeks. God is Spirit, and his worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth.

PRAYER: Lord it is our earnest desire to know you more than ever before. We resolve to turn away from all that seeks to distract our attention and affections. We set our faces like flint to set aside time every day to gaze upon Your lovely face and receive Your wonderful gift of grace from Your throne of grace. How we are desperate for You and for the Joy that only You can give. Let our eyes be steady upon You as we worship You in Spirit and in Truth.