Arj and Poopy cookbook

Arj and Poopy cookbook

amneriscat
Advanced Member
amneriscat
Advanced Member

03 Dec 2004, 00:50 #1

Okay, so here we are. Brownies. Heels. Guys?

Guys...

Hellooooo *echo* helloooo, helloo he...

Aw, hell.

Anyone want my recipe for the one cookie I do make well, considering I invented it? They're called Espresso Charlies (named for a friend of mine) and pack a spicy punch.

I miss Julia, too.
Arj Barker, have my kittens!
Bernard, you too!

(Woah, that's a lot of kittens)

Artemis Anoush
Advanced Member
Artemis Anoush
Advanced Member

03 Dec 2004, 02:11 #2

:) Post away Booby sister.

Here's my add in, the recipe for the special butter needed to make special bownies:

Directions:
1) Using a double boiler or two pots, melt the butter on low heat. When using two pots, fill the larger (bottom) pot with water and the top pot with butter.
(Figure 9.1 shows a small bowl inside of a pot)

2) Once the butter has melted, add the weed. The amount of weed will determine the potency. For example, a "light" batch may use 3/4 of an ounce of weed to 5 sticks of butter.

3) Simmer for 20-30 minutes stirring every 5 minutes.

4) Let sit for 5 minutes then strain the pot butter (using cheesecloth) into a small bowl. (Figure 9.2)

5) Once cool enough to handle, pick up the cheesecloth and squeeze out the juice.

6) Cover and refrigerate until semi-solid.

Any recipe for pastries that need's butter or margarine can be substituted for Pot Butter. Try making Rice Crispie treat's with Pot margarine next time. :)

I think I might add some Armenian dishes in the future... we'll see. :)

p.s. Thank you to my brother for finding the picture's. Alright I gave you credit, You happy now?

amneriscat
Advanced Member
amneriscat
Advanced Member

03 Dec 2004, 05:16 #3

Mmmm, pot in a pot....
Bernard, you too!

Typhoid
Advanced Member
Typhoid
Advanced Member

03 Dec 2004, 05:40 #4

Mmmmmm.,..
If I was Greek, my name would be Mediocrates.

"No..it needs more cowbell. You see, I have a fever, and the only prescription...is more cowbell!"

"Gay isn't an adjective"
"What the hells an adjective?......Fuck, Adjectives are gay!"

Lisdexics are so stupid.

amneriscat
Advanced Member
amneriscat
Advanced Member

03 Dec 2004, 06:27 #5

Maybe I should have said "I'll sit on his lap and simmer" rather than "cook." That might make my 1/2 hour more interesting. For those of you who missed it, this is from the string that inspired this one. That'd be a heck of a contest.

I'm truly curious about the reved-up Rice Krispy treats. Since I tend to use more olive oil than butter, I might have to get creative. I wonder if I could pull off an herbal infusion of sorts.
Bernard, you too!

badpony
Advanced Member
badpony
Advanced Member

03 Dec 2004, 07:02 #6

Oh-hoh! Now you're talking my language! I spent time as a chef (amongst other things), and I've been studying herbs and herbal medicine since I was 15, which is...well, it's a long time.
Olive oil isn't always a substitute for butter/margarine. Matter of fact, it seldom is, because in some recipes, the butterfat, butter solids, etc, are necessary for the texture.
But, for oil, just pour warmed (not hot) olive oil over dry herbs in a jar, cover tightly, set in a warm spot. Shake daily for about two weeks, then use the aforementioned cheesecloth method of removing solids. You can do this over and over again, depending on how strong you want that oil!
A tincture would be 1 oz. herb to 1 pint vodka (usually 100 proof, can use the cheap stuff). Put in a covered jar or bottle, shake daily for at least two weeks, then again, the cheesecloth. Now, if this were, say, echinacea goldenseal, I'd use 1/2 oz. of each, then after straining, I'd add 1 pint of distilled water. I take this 1/2-1 tsp. at a time (in juice, because it tastes NASTY!), at the first hint of a cold, and it usually knocks it out.
Stay tuned next time, when I will give ideas for confections using herbal methodry.
Did I hear someone say pow wow????
Humans are the worst idea to ever crawl out of the primordial ooze.

amneriscat
Advanced Member
amneriscat
Advanced Member

04 Dec 2004, 23:10 #7

I love growing my own herbs for cooking. Sage is a current favorite, although it's not present in most of the cooking with which I grew up. Like butter, it's more of a Northern thing (I distinguish different parts of the boot with capitals, since Northerners are Northerners, Southerners are Southerners, and Sicilians are another breed entirely in cultural/culinary sense), and darned tasty. My people tend to use a lot of vegetables, basil, onion, garlic, figs, pork, some chicken, and occasionally goat (capretto, mostly for festivals). Our town is landlocked as well, so fish is a relatively new thing for me. My Sicilian friends, now THEY know seafood. Yum.
Bernard, you too!

badpony
Advanced Member
badpony
Advanced Member

04 Dec 2004, 23:21 #8

I only have a few hundred plants...or is it thousand? Of course, I'm still getting tomatoes right now, too. Mmmmm...
But, making the 'green' olive oil (I, too, prefer to use olive oil), just think of the applications! Same with green butter. Replace the oil in cake mixes, or zucchini bread...use the butter in sauteeing seafood...the applications are endless. I've also been told coconut milk, because of it's high fat content, is a good medium for extracting the necessary components of the herbs. So cream should suffice as well, and therefore can be used in truffles, caramels, or a lovely off-green alfredo sauce...hmmm...doesn't sound like an appetizing colour. And of course, you can garnish with freshly chopped/minced parsely, or other herb. ;)
Also, when making a herbal oil, it's not good to use fresh herbs in oils (fresh material in vinegar is okay), because of the moisture in the plants(which may cause mould), not to mention it may form botulii organisms. In addition, don't give molasses and honey to children under age three or four, or anyone with a compromised immunal system, as they also contain botulii that the systems of the young or impaired cannot handle. There is no antidote for botulism.
Next time: Mycophagia: wild mushrooms--not of the magickal sort.

Artemis Anoush
Advanced Member
Artemis Anoush
Advanced Member

05 Dec 2004, 02:12 #9

Tell that to the idiots at The Coffee Bean who offer 2 year olds handfuls of honey sticks thinking it will make for return visits.

Losers. :P

badpony
Advanced Member
badpony
Advanced Member

05 Dec 2004, 04:35 #10

Well, two year olds do hold much sway with their parents:
Mom: "I'm going to Starbucks for a latte.
2yr. Old: "Fuck, no, ma! Yer goin to Coffee Bean so I can get more potentially dangerous honey stix!"
Mom: "No, dear, I'm going to Starbucks."
2yr old: "Look, beeyotch! I said Coffee Bean, and that is where you're going!"
Mom: "Oh, alright, dear."
See?
I know I let 2 yr. olds decide my destinations and spending practices all the time. They should make them some kinda shopping cops or something. 2 yr. olds run the world, you know. And Santa is my next door neighbour. And I can sprout wings and fly. My dog speaks Chinese. And French. I'm in contact with people from Mars. They hate us. And they say Anoush is it.