Soap Opera

Soap Opera

Dallas
Dallas

May 5th, 2001, 6:39 pm #1

I read an earlier thread on the chat forum about Soap Opera spankings. I went searching and found one from DAYS OF OUR LIVES. It's from the mid-80s, the couple are Tony & Anna. They are arguing in their bedroom when Anna throws a pillow at him. He approaches her and she starts to warn him not to touch her, then it cuts to another scene and the inevitable commercials. When they get back to Tony & Anna he begins to drag her towards the bed where he sits down and places the attractive lady over his lap. He then proceeds to place about six swats (all on-screen) on her red-nightgown-covered posterior. The spanks are more quick than they are hard, but the scene is definitely worth a look.

Dan Rivera
Dan Rivera

May 5th, 2001, 10:33 pm #2

Thanks for posting this, Dallas. You say "the scene is definitely worth a look." But WHERE, exactly, do we look for it? Do you have a date when the episode will be re-run on TV so that we can tape it? Do you have a clip you can upload? Inquiring minds, and all that....

Cheers,
Dan

Dallas
Dallas

May 6th, 2001, 5:18 am #3

Hello, Dan. To my knowledge the episode isn't being rerun or on any website. I bought a video that contained the scene from a gentleman who sells old recordings of various soap operas. I've deleted my corresponding emails with him, but I'm sure I can go back and find his web site again and let you know. The scene is from 1985, by the way.

Tiger
Tiger

May 6th, 2001, 5:36 pm #4

I just did a quick search of the web and it appears that besides the Tony/Anna scene, Shane spanked Kim in Days of Our Lives about the same time period. I guess I was watching the wrong soap. I was a General Hospital fan.
I remember reading somewhere that the gorgeous Susan Lucci was spanked more than once in All My Children. Apparently Susan rather enjoyed these scenes.

Dan Rivera
Dan Rivera

May 6th, 2001, 10:08 pm #5

You have to be very careful when talking about this subject, because soap opera episodes tend to NEVER get re-run. How can anyone be certain there was ever a spanking?

Once, years ago, I had a candid conversation with the redoubtable Ed Lee, head of Nu-West, on the subject of movie and TV spankings. After we had run through the list of titles that were familiar to us, he said, "and of course there are all the spankings that may have occurred on soap operas." I replied, "Which ones?" He answered, "I don't know. We'll never know. They never re-run them."

Unless one has the rare good fortune of actually taping (or Tivo-ing) a soap where a spanking occurs, such a scene is forever, and irretrieveably, lost.

One friend did tape such a scene years ago from a Mexican "novela" (their word for soap opera), and it was a perfect scene: A young woman "comes on" to a distinguished older man who knows better than to fall for her, then he puts her over his knee and gives her a sound spanking. She is wearing a miniskirt that gives us a nice view of her legs while she's across his lap.

The name of the soap was "Mujeres Prohibidas" (Prohibited Women, whatever that means). But though I have worn out my TV guides, watching for a replay of that novela, it has never played again. And my friend's taped copy is worthless, too, because he chose to record it in EP mode.

Cheers,
Dan Rivera

FOX
FOX

May 7th, 2001, 10:04 pm #6

I just did a quick search of the web and it appears that besides the Tony/Anna scene, Shane spanked Kim in Days of Our Lives about the same time period. I guess I was watching the wrong soap. I was a General Hospital fan.
I remember reading somewhere that the gorgeous Susan Lucci was spanked more than once in All My Children. Apparently Susan rather enjoyed these scenes.
I remember a spanking scene in an earlier Episode of Neighbours. It had been building up for a while. If I remember right. A young womens mature boyfriend ended up putting her son across his knee while sat on the settee. His mother looked on horrified. Sorry I don't know anymore. Maybe a Neighbours fan would be able to help. Fox

Jindabyne
Jindabyne

May 9th, 2001, 1:16 pm #7

You have to be very careful when talking about this subject, because soap opera episodes tend to NEVER get re-run. How can anyone be certain there was ever a spanking?

Once, years ago, I had a candid conversation with the redoubtable Ed Lee, head of Nu-West, on the subject of movie and TV spankings. After we had run through the list of titles that were familiar to us, he said, "and of course there are all the spankings that may have occurred on soap operas." I replied, "Which ones?" He answered, "I don't know. We'll never know. They never re-run them."

Unless one has the rare good fortune of actually taping (or Tivo-ing) a soap where a spanking occurs, such a scene is forever, and irretrieveably, lost.

One friend did tape such a scene years ago from a Mexican "novela" (their word for soap opera), and it was a perfect scene: A young woman "comes on" to a distinguished older man who knows better than to fall for her, then he puts her over his knee and gives her a sound spanking. She is wearing a miniskirt that gives us a nice view of her legs while she's across his lap.

The name of the soap was "Mujeres Prohibidas" (Prohibited Women, whatever that means). But though I have worn out my TV guides, watching for a replay of that novela, it has never played again. And my friend's taped copy is worthless, too, because he chose to record it in EP mode.

Cheers,
Dan Rivera
I remember once catching the tail end, (excuse the pun), of another soapie spanking where the Victor Newman character, i.e. Eric Braedon, spanked the Nicki character. (Does anyone know her stage / real name?)
I'm not sure of the exact reason he spanked her, (does anyone?), but I recall Nicki was larking around prior to being put over his knee in a black and white dress. After her spanking was completed, he told her sternly, "Now I never want to see you acting the tramp again!" Nicki scurried off but paused at the base of the stairs to tell Victor in gratitude, "Thank you! I can see you really care!"
It was set back when their characters were courting; as a wild guess back in the late 1970's?!?? They both still feature prominently in the soap today.
It would be a great scene to see fully or to get stills from. I appreciate, Dan, the remote chance of ever finding it but may I say I really appreciate at least knowing of such fun moments to know some of the finest actresses in Hollywood have received a good spanking, albeit staged. It is also re-assuring to know there was a time when such scenes featured in romantic works. And you never know, one day they may even get tracked down or reinacted!
People please come forward with your recollections. Does anyone know of the storyline or nature of any of Susan Lucci's spankings?,
Keep up the great work,
Jindabyne!

Dallas
Dallas

May 16th, 2001, 11:41 pm #8

The Shane/Kim scene is a dud. He threatens to spank her good but then he just pulls her towards him into an embrace and gives her one off-screen swat.
Those elusive Susan Lucci scenes will likely tease us forever.