Do NOT spend too much time looking for obscure LEED information

This forum is visible to all. To edit this forum's settings go to Admin Menu > Forum & Chat Mgmt > Settings

Do NOT spend too much time looking for obscure LEED information

aagangchen
Joined: 24 Aug 2016, 14:42

25 Aug 2016, 07:22 #1

Do NOT spend too much time looking for obscure LEED information because the GBCI will HAVE to test you on the most common LEED information. At least 80% to 90% of the LEED exam content will have to be the most common, important and fundamental LEED knowledge. The exam writers can word their questions to be tricky or confusing, but they have to limit themselves to the important content; otherwise, their tests will NOT be legally defensible. At most, 10% of their test content can be obscure information. You only need to answer about 60% of all the questions correctly. So, if you master the common LEED knowledge (applicable to 90% of the questions) and use the guess technique for the remaining 10% of the questions on the obscure LEED content, you will do well and pass the exam.

    On the other hand, if you focus on the obscure LEED knowledge, you may answer all of the 10% obscure portion of the exam correctly, but only answer half of the remaining 90% of the common LEED knowledge questions correctly, and you will fail the exam. That is why we have seen many smart people who can answer very difficult LEED questions correctly because they are able to look them up and do quality research. However, they often end up failing the LEED exam because they cannot memorize the common LEED knowledge needed on the day of the exam. The LEED exam is NOT an open-book exam, and you cannot look up information during the exam.”

Quoted from page 5 of “LEED Green Associate Exam Guide”

Copyright 2011    Gang Chen, Author, Architect, LEED AP BD+C (http://GreenExamEducation.com/)

 



Reply