Back to the basics!

giant slayer
Frequent User
giant slayer
Frequent User

7:48 PM - Oct 02, 2007 #1

It has come to my attention that this category of discussion, "Doctrine and Theology" is described in three general areas of opportunity of discussion.
1. "Discussion of the teaching and instruction of our Lord Jesus Christ."
2. "And of the Word of God."
3. "Particularily the tenets and expressions of the faith that have been historically accepted by the Apostolic Christian Church."
These fall under the specific category of "General Christian Topics." It should be observed that most people on the world wide web will not know what the particular tenets and expressions of faith, historically accepted by the ACC are.
In my years on this forum, I have often said things or assumed things that has offended others. I believe part of the problem is, I don't know what the sensitive areas of discussion are. because I am not aware what the historically accepted tenets and expressions of faith are. I also confess that another part of the problem is my own personal failings in many areas. I am flesh. I get offended. I offend. I defend myself when the Lord should be allowed to defend me etc. etc.
If I should choose to discuss something from category (1), "the teachings and instruction of our Lord Jesus Christ," I am in the dark as to the preconcieved understandings of the ACC. It is also true that if I wish to discuss subjects in "The Word of God," which to me is anything from Genesis to Revelation, I must guess what the ACC members may have been formerly taught on any given subject.
When I started posting on this web sight, I thought I had finally found the Church for me. It was recommended to me by someone that I had a lot of confidence in and it appeared to be one of the most conservative denominations I had ever known. I thought I was "There" at last! Through my years of posting to this forum I have found among the ACC, beliefs from the most liberal to the most conservative. I have found that the denomination is split. Some of Paul, some of whoever, etc.
I must confess, I have never in my life had to dig so deeply into the scriptures to try and figure out just what the heck is going on. I owe a debt of gratitude to the ACC for that. I have not joined the ACC, nor have I ever visited a congregation of the ACC, because there is none in my area, however, I have grown more spiritually in the last couple of years than all the former years of searching to know the truth. I thought for a while that I would be moving to Ohio where there are many ACC congregations, but the Lord had other plans. So, I am still in Central Oregon, still without a congregation as would be defined by most, but I am in a community of wonderful servants of our Lord Jesus and it seems I have a ministry in the area. Thank you ACC.
Why am I writing all of this? Because I would still like to know what are the particular tenets of the ACC. I would like to discuss in a loving manner all the areas of attention in this particular category of discussion. This may come as a surprise to some, but I find some of the doctrines discussed here to be in error. It is your job, dear brethren to prove me wrong. I am a soul who needs to know the truth, and so are all of you.
Define for me the particular tenets. Let's discuss them in a loving manner and grow thereby. Help me to not be offensive to Covenanted Sister, to Interested Sister, to Verbose or N789. Please do not reject me because I have some strange doctrines. I may be right. I may be ignorant. I am tired of being in a defensive mode. I want to grow and to fellowship with all who love our Lord.
In Christ's love
David

AConcernedChristian
AConcernedChristian

2:09 AM - Jan 25, 2018 #2

If you still check this forum or have any interest of returing to this subject over a decade later, please get back to my. I would love to talk with you about everything I have seen here.