Moderators: JosieG, Melissa, flea dip

The Television Thread

flea dip
Ultimate Madonna Hater
flea dip
Ultimate Madonna Hater

11:02 PM - Jul 10, 2005 #1

Maybe Pauly Shore is a nice guy in real life, but as an entertainer?
 I've never liked his movies. I don't imagine I will be tuning in to watch his new t.v. show.

Excerpt:
Pauly Shore offers $1 to those who don't like show
    Zap2it.com
    Jul. 7, 2005 05:57 PM
    Pauly Shore is so confident that his new TBS series will make you laugh, he's offering a money-back guarantee on it.Normally, the joke here would be that you wouldn't get any money, since you don't really pay to watch a TV show (OK, maybe watching a half-hour on TBS translates to a penny or two of your monthly cable bill, but you get the idea).
     But Shore is offering honest-to-goodness legal tender for your time if you don't chuckle at "Minding the Store," which debuts July 17....  "Minding the Store" follows Shore as he tries to restore the luster to the Comedy Store, the legendary Sunset Strip comedy club owned by his mother, Mitzi, which has fallen on some tough times. It blends some real-life elements with partly scripted, "Curb Your Enthusiasm"-style comedy bits.

MissThang
Ray Of Fright
MissThang
Ray Of Fright

2:23 AM - Jul 11, 2005 #2

Oh jeez. He will never go away.
You don't look impossibly young and glamorous in your pink leotard. You look like Cilla Black at the Royal Variety Performance.

For the love of God just retire.

- About Madonna
Taken from Holy Moly's C**ts Corner

Tonygirl
Ultimate Madonna Hater

2:24 AM - Jul 15, 2005 #3

Who does he keep sleeping with to stay famous?
Lourdiss has no idea how lucky she is. She would have wound up vacuumed out and thrown in a bucket like the rest if her mother hadn't had her pet film Evita coming out, along with a fake diary for Vogue Magazine.
I dare any fan to look at her spreads, like the Dec '96 Life Magazine, and tell me she isn't a big "Redo" herself.

flea dip
Ultimate Madonna Hater
flea dip
Ultimate Madonna Hater

7:13 AM - Aug 01, 2005 #4

Knight and I started talking about this a little in the Sci-Fi thread, but I thought we'd dedicate a thread solely to tv viewing habits. What shows do you like to watch? Here are some of mine:

Shows I usually watch:

- Law and Order (the original series)
- Law and Order: Sexual Victims Unit

CBS
- CSI (original series)

USA Network (cable channel):
- Monk
- The 4400

Sci Fi Channel (cable channel):
- Star Gate SG1
- Star Gate Atlantis
- Battlestar Galactica (the new series, not the old, 1970s one)

Shows I watch every once in awhile:
- South Park
- Malcolm in the Middle (more so in re-runs than first runs)
- CSI: Miami

Fox cable news
- Brit Hume's Special Report
- O'Reilly Factor (though I don't always agree with the host)

Melissa
Ultimate Madonna Hater

7:33 AM - Aug 01, 2005 #5

Keep in mind I don't have most of these channels anymore, but I'm including what I watched when I did.

Discovery
-- MythBusters (rarely)

History Channel/A&E
-- various documentaries on the Bible such as "Sex in the Bible" and "Banned from the Bible"

Comedy Central
-- Premium Blend
-- Crank Yankers
-- The Dave Chappelle Show
-- Saturday Night Live (circa mid 80s to early 90s)
-- South Park
-- That's My Bush (which was cancelled in its first season)

Cartoon Network
-- Courage the Cowardly Dog (when I have the time)
-- The Powerpuff Girls
-- Dexter's Laboratory

Animal Planet
-- The World's Funniest Animals

SciFi Channel
-- Stargate SG-1
-- Stargate Atlantis (occasionally)
-- Dark Shadows (when they were airing reruns -- it usually aired immediately before FK, so I'd catch a few minutes before FK started)
-- Forever Knight (when they were airing reruns -- I have the season 1 & 2 DVDs now, and am waiting for Columbia Home Video to release the last season, #3)
-- Farscape (occasionally, before they cancelled it)
-- Ultraviolet (imported 6-episode BBC miniseries, back in '99 -- I have the DVD now)
-- various Star Trek movies
-- the movies Cube and Cube 2: Hypercube
-- Beyond Belief: Fact or Fiction (whenever I can catch it -- which isn't often)
-- Seaquest: DSV (re-runs)
-- Andromeda
-- Xena: Warrior Princess
-- Hercules: The Legendary Journies

TNT
-- Charmed
-- Angel

FOX
-- The Simpsons (hardly ever, nowadays)

UPN
-- Star Trek: Voyager

FX
-- Star Trek: The Next Generation

Lifetime
-- The Nanny

Usually, if I'm bored when I can't go online and don't feel like reading a book or playing a video game, I'll flip through channels randomly until I find something interesting.

MelissaTreglia.com - My creative corner, featuring my original works, fan fiction, digital art & music.

Mihoshi Marie
Ultimate Madonna Hater

6:52 PM - Aug 01, 2005 #6

The only show I find truly worth watching is South Park. I love it so much. I might watch True Hollywood Story on E! if the subject is interesting.

Sometimes I tune into the news. I mostly watch movies that come on TV, though. Most TV is so boring to me.

flyingpenguin
Shanghi-ed Away
flyingpenguin
Shanghi-ed Away

3:05 AM - Aug 02, 2005 #7

I hardly watch tv anymore. The only shows I definatly watch are 24 and Cold Case. I just watch TV shows on DVD and the ones I taped years ago.

Isn't it funny - you hear a phone ringing and it could be anybody. But a ringing phone has to be answered, doesn't it? - The Caller

flea dip
Ultimate Madonna Hater
flea dip
Ultimate Madonna Hater

4:05 AM - Aug 02, 2005 #8

I forgot PBS.

I sometimes watch "Antiques Road Show" or the "McNeil (spelling?) News Hour."

I used to watch "The McLaughlin (spelling?) Group" from the time I was about 18 years old up until my mid-20s or so.

If I'm on my computer during the day, the t.v. I have by my computer doesn't have cable, so I wind up watching PBS quite a bit, if I want the t.v. on to keep me company as I make web pages.

~ I wind up watching kiddie shows such as "Mya and Miguel" and "Arthur." (It's either that or soap operas, which I find boring.) The sad thing is that the kiddie shows on PBS turn out to be higher quality than some of the crap marketed towards adults these days :laugh:

On weekends, I will sometimes catch "The Victory Garden," various cooking shows, and "This Old House."

Oh - and travel shows. I like the one hosted by Steve 'whatever- his- last name is.' There's another PBS travel show hosted by a British guy, but I don't like that one as much for some reason.

Art shows - including that old '70s one, where the guy talks about painting "happy bushes" and "happy trees."

IF PBS is airing a history show, something about the American Civil War, for example, I'll watch that kind of thing.

VH1

I rarely tune in to watch music videos, but I do enjoy some of their specials from time to times, such as "I Love the 70s."

Every once in a blue moon, I do force myself to watch the 'Top 20 music videos of the week' type show or some such, so that I can keep kind of current as to who the big names are in pop rock, to see who Madonna will be ripping off next.

Tonygirl
Ultimate Madonna Hater

3:45 AM - Aug 03, 2005 #9

I always have it on, but rarely watch it!
I like different things so it sounds odd.
TV Land is OK when they show Andy Griffith, Bewitched, and I like the Munsters. I like the History Channel, except for the Vegas and Wild West shows. PBS when they show Britcoms. BBC America, Science Channel, the only thing on Lifetime I watch is the Golden Girls, NASCAR races on Sunday with my father in law, sometimes I listen to VH1-Classic, Animal Planet, Travel Channel when they're not showing poker, and Sci-Fi for Twilight Zone, Ghost Hunters, and Beyond Belief.
Oh, and I always see what's on TCM.
Lourdiss has no idea how lucky she is. She would have wound up vacuumed out and thrown in a bucket like the rest if her mother hadn't had her pet film Evita coming out, along with a fake diary for Vogue Magazine.
I dare any fan to look at her spreads, like the Dec '96 Life Magazine, and tell me she isn't a big "Redo" herself.

flea dip
Ultimate Madonna Hater
flea dip
Ultimate Madonna Hater

1:33 AM - Aug 04, 2005 #10

Lady Chadwick wrote: PBS when they show Britcoms.
Thanks for reminding me! I like those too.

My faves are Keeing Up Appearances and Are You Being Served.

I used to enjoy Faulty Towers (did I spell that right?), but some of the other British t.v. comedies I can do without.