Desperately Seeking Clarity

9:22 PM - Feb 16, 2009 #1

Related:
Superbowl Thread
Tour - 2012
MDNA album thread & related info
----------------------------
Madonna to play wallis simpson
wrote:She was the scarlet woman from America; he was the revered King of England, and theirs was a relationship that rocked the kingdom to its foundations. Now the Wallis Simpson story could be set for a big screen makeover – with Madonna in the leading role.

According to unnamed sources, the true-life romantic drama is a labour-of-love project for the 50-year-old singer. Madonna, who recently divorced Guy Ritchie, the British director – and former stepson of Sir Michael Leighton, 11th baronet – is alleged to have identified with the trials of the American divorcee who gatecrashed the British aristocracy. "She is as passionate about it as she was about playing Eva Peron in Evita," a source chirruped to the Sun newspaper.

Edward VIII's relationship with the twice-divorced American socialite sparked what was arguably the biggest royal scandal of the 20th-century. After less than a year on the throne, Edward abdicated in December 1936 in order to marry "the woman I love". The pair later celebrated their new-found freedom by visiting Adolf Hitler in Germany.

Edward reportedly regarded German fascism as a necessary bulwark against the evils of communism. It is believed that, in the event of a German victory in the second world war, Hitler planned to return Edward to the British throne, with Wallis Simpson as his queen. Unfortunately, for the happy couple, it was not to be.

"Madonna said she is fascinated about this American commoner who refused to conform or offer explanations for her tangled love life," the source added. "It was all systems go until the divorce [from Ritchie], when everything was put on the back-burner. When things in her life settle down this year, she's keen to get things going again."

Casting of the other major roles – Edward VIII and Adolf Hitler – has yet to be announced.
Ho's playing Ho's?

Photos used in another link
Daily Mail

flea dip
Ultimate Madonna Hater
flea dip
Ultimate Madonna Hater

9:45 PM - Feb 16, 2009 #2

Not another project rumor!

Noone3, if I can find it, I think I'd like to merge this thread with another one we have where we were talking about this. I think Iron Shadow was the first to point out, 'have you ever noticed when Madonna's career gets really slow, she starts releasing all these stories about how she's going to star in some upcoming movie or another, but it never comes to pass?'

I can't find that thread (maybe it's at the old board); maybe we can use this thread for that purpose.

I remember when Madonna or her people said she was considering a role in a movie about some old-timey actress who opened her routine by yelling "Hello, suckers!" at the audience.

I found some stories about it (notice it is from 2004, and it never materialized):

Madonna To Play Gunslinging Cowgirl
    June 08, [b]2004[/b] Madonna is said to have roped a new movie role - playing a gunslinging 1920s cowgirl.The Sun says she will play silent movie star Texas Guinan in Martin Scorsese's big-screen musical [i]Hello Sucker![/i] [/li]
Madonna Collaborates On ‘Hello Suckers’

edge6678
Shanghi-ed Away
edge6678
Shanghi-ed Away

12:15 AM - Feb 17, 2009 #3

oh no! I thought she was done with movies, S@#$
EDGE6678

flea dip
Ultimate Madonna Hater
flea dip
Ultimate Madonna Hater

12:44 AM - Feb 17, 2009 #4

edge6678 wrote: oh no! I thought she was done with movies, S@#$
Good point, edge6678; this would also be good in the Hypocrite thread.

Related thread: Madonna Quits Acting

Supposedly, one reason she wanted to quit acting is so that she could direct

Melissa
Ultimate Madonna Hater

4:02 AM - Feb 17, 2009 #5

flea dip wrote: Supposedly, one reason she wanted to quit acting is so that she could direct
Of course, that didn't work because Filth & Wisdom tanked. Plus, her music career is slowing down to a tortoise pace. So, what else can an attention-driven maniac cling to, to keep the spotlight on herself?

MelissaTreglia.com - My creative corner, featuring my original works, fan fiction, digital art & music.

SuperAmanda
Ray Of Fright
SuperAmanda
Ray Of Fright

4:16 AM - Feb 17, 2009 #6

wrote:I think Iron Shadow was the first to point out, 'have you ever noticed when Madonna's career gets really slow, she starts releasing all these stories about how she's going to star in some upcoming movie or another, but it never comes to pass?'

Haha "Film roles associated with Madonna!" :laugh: :laugh:

She's too old but a raving Nazi sympathizer is definitly her ball park.
Madonna has not had ONE original moment in her entire career. She's stolen from over 70 different people blatantly.

MADONNA QUEEN OF RIP OFFS

Mihoshi Marie
Ultimate Madonna Hater

6:24 AM - Feb 17, 2009 #7

According to the Daily Mail she has written to the Queen for permission to play Wallis Simpson.

Why would the Queen care if she portrays the late Duchess of Windsor? Plenty of actors portray various members of the royal family and they didn't need permission. I highly doubt Helen Mirren needed permission to play the Queen herself in the movie The Queen.

More attention-grabbing antics from the Vadge. :bad:

flea dip
Ultimate Madonna Hater
flea dip
Ultimate Madonna Hater

12:37 AM - Feb 18, 2009 #8

New Moon (sequel to "Twilight" Vampire movie)

Anshirk already posted this story to the "bad acting" thread, but it looks to me like another PR stunt that Madonna's people came up with, hence, I'm sticking it in this thread as well.

If this "Twilight" project actually comes to pass (I mean with Madonna acting in it), I'll be very surprised.

Madonna Joining Cast Of New Moon?

“Twilight” Sequel News: Madonna Gets In On The Action

Madonna "involved" in Twilight sequel---teen flight to follow
    That pop culture vampire, the entity known as Madonna, has her peeps on the Twilight sequel. One of her coven is involved as an exec producer, and he has let Ryan Seacrest in on the "secret" that Herself wants to be in the mix when New Moon goes before cameras. She'll either act (as Dakota Fanning's mom?) or turn out a tune for the soundtrack (more likely.) [/li]
Madonna To Suck Blood Out Of Twilight Sequel, New Moon?
    A: At first I wasn’t even going to post this because Madonna being a part of New Moon is just too much for a gay man. We’ll explode into sparkles if she’s opposite Edward Cullen and they’re starring into each other’s pasty faces! On the other hand it could be true for the following reasons: 1. Sources say that her manager, Guy Oseary, is also producing the sequel, so there’s hope. This is according to Mr. Ryan Seacrest’s radio show. 2. Also, if memory serves me right, in New Moon Edward and Bella travel to Italy to visit the powerful hive of Volturi vampires and Madge could be one of those. L: Or you freak shows could just be getting excited over another crappy song on the soundtrack…probably titled “Suck Me”. A: Next thing you know Lourdes will be replacing Kristen Stewart as Bella. L: This is just such a lie. [/li]
Madonna to be Involved in Twilight Sequel - Hollyscoop

Madonna To Be Involved In New Moon? - Showbiz Spy

Madonna Set for New Moon Role - TransWorld

Madonna Makes a Move for “New Moon”? - Gossip Girls

noone3
noone3

5:00 AM - Feb 18, 2009 #9

Not surprised at all, Twilight is becoming the next book craze. Of course madge wants to jump on. It would be like doing Harry Potter for her. Personally i think all of the books are idiotic and poorly written but alas-I am a young relic. What do i know?

anshirk
Ray Of Fright

11:31 AM - Feb 18, 2009 #10

Madonna's 'New Moon' Appearance Rumor Slammed

She probably started the rumor herself to make more publicity for her ass. Now you can go and actually suck real dicks instead, no blood at all.
But again you will hack and rob someone's talent (maybe Aisha's, am I correct b***h) and concoct another soundtrack without their authorization. Can you do anything yourself Madoona? Can you do anything without the use of exploiting someone? Eh, material girl who are you going to steal from next?

Madonna's 'New Moon' Appearance Rumor Slammed
February 18, 2009 08:17:13 GMT

Summit Entertainment are said to have no plan in casting Madonna in 'New Moon', but the 'Miles Away' songstress might contribute to the soundtrack.

Madonna may not be seen in "New Moon" after all. Citing on a source close to the production, Entertainment Weekly reported contrary to the circulating rumors suggesting that Madonna will make an appearance in the"Twilight" sequel, Summit Entertainment have no plans in bringing the "Evita" star into the project.

Though slamming the casting rumor, the trade hinted on the possibility of her making a contribution to the sequel's soundtrack. "However, because Madonna's manager, Guy Oseary, is a producer on the project, there is some talk of her providing songs for the sequel," EW's report read. Still, it should be noted that no deals have been set in stone so far on the matter.

An adaptation to Stephenie Meyer's second novel of her "Twilight" series, "New Moon" will be directed by Chris Weitz and penned by Melissa Rosenberg. To see the return of Robert Pattinson, Kristen Stewart, Ashley Greene, Taylor Lautner and other original stars, it will be filmed in mid-March in Vancouver before moving to Italy in May.

This sequel will revolve around Bella Swan as she deals with her personal conflicts following Edward Cullen's abrupt departure. In it, Bella's loyalty to the vampire will be put into test when her friendship with Jacob Black grows. The second romantic vampire drama is scheduled for November 20 U.S. release.
anshirk

"We were at the table eating, and some little (kid) came up, (saying) 'Oh my god, Michael Jackson and Madonna!' She goes, 'Get out of here. Leave us alone.' I said, 'Don't you ever talk to children like this.' She said, 'Shut up.' I said, 'You shut up.' Yes, that's what I said. Then we went out again and went to the Academy Awards and she is not a nice person."
-Michael Jackson.

'I think afterwards she wrote some mean things about me in the press and I said that she's a nasty witch.'-Michael Jackson.