Madonna's (Terrible) Singing

MADONNA FANS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO POST IN THIS FORUM!Madonna is an unoriginal, trashy, arrogant narcissist: discuss in this forum. Point out her flaws, or post info and news about her here.

Moderators: JosieG, Melissa, flea dip

flea dip
Ultimate Madonna Hater
flea dip
Ultimate Madonna Hater

January 26th, 2017, 10:09 pm #181

oceanlover998 wrote:...sorry I couldn't be of more help but you've now jogged my memory and I remember the performance to which you refer...

...it was definitely acapella and I don't recall a backing choir either...

...her singing was just dreadful...off key and under-powered and I think she actually 'squeaked' at least a couple of times trying to hit the high notes...

...I remember finding that rather surprising given all the professional training she went thru for Evita that resulted in a respectable delivery of those songs just a few years before...

...I'll do some more digging at home this evening...
If you go back up thru this thread, I am sure you can find posts from me going back ten or more years about it!

Her LAP singing on that TV segment was so truly awful it stuck in my memory really well (the singing itself, not so much the details of the rest of it), and I was so bummed I could not find it online anywhere.

You would think that her slavish fans (who obsess over fonts on her record covers - thread with examples) would surely have posted it by now, but no.

I do appreciate you trying to help out with this.

It's been around 13, 14 years since I saw it on TV, so I don't remember all the details of it - except for stuff like her grimacing facial expressions when trying to reach the notes. She was horribly off-key.

flea dip
Ultimate Madonna Hater
flea dip
Ultimate Madonna Hater

January 13th, 2018, 5:07 pm #182

Interview with Music Producer David Foster:

Who's The Biggest Star: Madonna, Whitney or Celine?
  • January 2018

"If I know I’m going to a party that Madonna is going to be at, when you walk in the room, you can feel whether she’s in that room or not – before you see her. Conversely, you can feel that she’s left the room even if you don’t see her leave. That's star power.

"There are millions of great singers out there and Madonna, to name one, she’s not that great a singer, but she's just got that thing: The X-factor."

flea dip
Ultimate Madonna Hater
flea dip
Ultimate Madonna Hater

February 3rd, 2018, 1:18 am #183

Madonna who? Patti LuPone slays 'Evita' song at the Grammys
  • Patti LuPone brought the house down Sunday night at the Grammys with her performance of “Don’t Cry for Me Argentina,” from Andrew Lloyd Webber’s “Evita.”

The diva originated the namesake role when Lloyd Webber’s musical debuted on Broadway in 1979.

It’s no small achievement that the Grammys scored LuPone for its Lloyd Webber tribute. Earlier this week the actress and composer ended a feud that spanned more than two decades.

Their beef began in 1995 when Lloyd Webber fired LuPone from the Norma Desmond role in "Sunset Boulevard” and replaced her with Glenn Close.

LuPone made the most of her return to the limelight; just watch the GIF below.

All hail, Patti!

flea dip
Ultimate Madonna Hater
flea dip
Ultimate Madonna Hater

July 29th, 2018, 3:39 am #184

This web page mentions that she knows her singing is bad, which is why she made her tours so theatrical.

Eight Ways Madonna Changed the World
  • 5. She created the modern concert tour extravaganza

Before Madonna, the concert tour was a visually dull affair. Then, in 1990, Madonna created her Blond Ambition show, which was far more theatrical than anything that had been seen before.

The show was made up of four themed sections, or “acts”, which comprised multiple costume and set changes, revolutionary lighting designs and screen projections, and ambitious dance routines made possible by a specially designed microphone worn like a headset.

It caused a sensation - and the set the stand for the modern pop concert.

Ironically, in his book Life With My Sister Madonna, her brother Christopher suggests it was Madonna’s insecurity about her vocal abilities – and her worry about exposing these by simply singing on stage – that inspired her to reinvent the live experience.

Marilynrules62
Ray Of Fright

August 4th, 2018, 4:36 am #185

I liked her singing in Evita. But she's no Mariah Carey!  😋
She looked crusty on the Hard Candy album cover.