Interviews with Madonna

flea dip
Ultimate Madonna Hater
flea dip
Ultimate Madonna Hater

2:41 AM - Jun 08, 2005 #1

USA Today - With 'Lotsa' interviews, Madonna back in vogue

Before I post this story...

Y'know, other than news searches on "Yahoo news" and "google news" and a brief glimpse of Man-donna in a commerical promoting the televised interview with Matt Lauer - and I've seen this commerical maybe twice all week - I haven't heard squat about Madonna lately.

Outside of those sources, I haven't seen, read, or heard anything about her "Borders" book store public reading of the Lotsa Da Casha book, or the documentary film.

Either the media and the public are really uninterested in Madonna (and I do think that is happening the longer Madonna's career drags along), or Liz Rosenberg isn't doing her job :laugh:
  • Posted 6/7/2005 10:18 PM

Get ready to see lotsa Madonna, who is promoting her fifth children's book, Lotsa de Casha. The singer chatted with Matt Lauer on NBC's Today show in an interview airing today, and she sat down for a 15-page cover story with Ladies' Home Journal for its July issue (on newsstands June 14); daughter Lourdes, 8, came along to the London shoot. The highlights:
    Madonna isn't back with another album or movie. But she is chatting with the media and promoting a new project, her fifth children's book.
    By Armando Franca, AP

From LHJ

•On her first marriage, to actor Sean Penn: "I wasn't interested in making compromises — I wanted to do what I wanted to do, and he wanted to do what he wanted to do."

•How she and husband Guy Ritchie deal with any problems: "If I have a problem, I want to work it out, right now. My husband is like, 'Let's talk about it in two days.' ... I have to prove that you're wrong now! Sometimes I need to learn to bite my tongue."

•On parenting: "I'm the disciplinarian, Guy's the spoiler. He's the fun guy. I'm doctor's appointments, lessons, homework. ... He's good cop, I'm bad cop."

•On discipline: "I take privileges away. My daughter has a problem picking up in her room, so if you leave your clothes on the floor, they're going to be gone when you come home. ... She has to earn all of her clothes back by being tidy."

From Today

•On not second-guessing herself: "I'm cooler about my decisions, and I'm more resolute."

flea dip
Ultimate Madonna Hater
flea dip
Ultimate Madonna Hater

2:48 PM - Jun 08, 2005 #2

I did open up the small entertainment section of today's paper to see a black and white photo of Madonna by the AP taken at the Border's book reading.

If this is going to be the amount of publicity (almost none at all) for her new book, I can maybe deal with it. It's nothing like the mid-1980s where every single little thing she did got into the media. :rolleyes2:

flea dip
Ultimate Madonna Hater
flea dip
Ultimate Madonna Hater

10:45 PM - Jun 08, 2005 #3

Bad cop Madonna
  • June 8, 2005, 8:54:23

Madonna claims she has to play the "bad cop" to her children because husband Guy Ritchie is too soft. .

The sexy star claims she is forced to dish out any punishment to the couple's two children, Rocco, and daughter Lourdes - from her relationship with personal trainer Carlos Leon ' because Guy lets them do whatever they like.

She told American magazine Ladies Home Journal: "I'm the disciplinarian, Guy's the spoiler He's the fun guy I'm doctor's appointments, lessons, homework He's good cop, I'm bad cop".

The 'Like a Virgin' singer also says she has invented ingenious ways of disciplining her children to teach them a lesson.

Madonna, 46, insists she has no problem stripping either child of their privileges if they fail to adhere to her strict household rules and the pair have to "earn" them back.

She explained: "I take privileges away My daughter has a problem picking up in her room, so if you leave your clothes on the floor, they're going to be gone when you come home She has to earn all of her clothes back by being tidy" .

flea dip
Ultimate Madonna Hater
flea dip
Ultimate Madonna Hater

11:27 PM - Jun 08, 2005 #4

From MSNBC by way of "Madonan Tribe" -
  • Children's books sequels and English Roses TV series

Lotsa de Casha "Lotsa de Casha," the fifth and final installment in a series of children's books by Madonna, has been released. It tells the story of the richest man in the world, who loses everything but gains a friend. Madonna was doing several promotional events for the book this week, including an appearance Tuesday at a Manhattan bookstore.

The July issue of Ladies' Home Journal, on newsstands June 14, features a 15-page cover story on the 46-year-old pop star, who says she's written a sequel to her first children's book, "The English Roses."

"I'm going to keep writing sequels and start an "English Roses" thing - my ultimate goal is to have a TV series, in episodes, each one having to do with girls finding themselves in challenging situations," she tells the magazine.

She also talks about how studying Kabbalah has changed her. "I can assure you, five years ago - and I've been studying for nine years - there's no way I would've said, 'I'm going to write kids' books and give all the money away to charity.'"
    Madonna donates all her profits from the books to the Spirituality for Kids Foundation, an education and outreach arm of the Kabbalah Centre.

From MSNBC.com
    Posted by Rebecca_Carlson | Thu, June 09
As for this comment:
wrote: "I can assure you, five years ago - and I've been studying for nine years - there's no way I would've said, 'I'm going to write kids' books and give all the money away to charity.'"
Madonna donates all her profits from the books to the Spirituality for Kids Foundation, an education and outreach arm of the Kabbalah Centre.
So she's gone from being a totally greedy jerk to being a greedy patsy and a greedy dupe.

How many mansions for Berg have Madonna's donations purchased? :ask:

flea dip
Ultimate Madonna Hater
flea dip
Ultimate Madonna Hater

11:31 PM - Jun 08, 2005 #5

• Has the study of Kabbalah made Madonna happier?

“Anything that makes you get outside yourself and see that the world doesn't revolve around you, I think, is good and make you happier and makes you grow,” Madonna said to Matt Lauer on “Today.”

Madonna was also asked if the study of the mystic Kabbalah had hurt her career.

“No. Why would it hurt my career?” she responded. Because people don’t get it and may think it’s a little weird, she was told.

“Yeah, but think about what I was doing ten years ago, 14 years ago, whatever there was… A lot of people who didn't like what I was doing then. So you can (ask), 'Did that hurt my career?' ”

“Basically,” Madonna said, “my entire career has been a lot of people second-guessing, saying, ‘Oh, that’s not good. Oh, she’s really done it this time!’ Saying negative things. But I just keep going and doing my thing."

From NBC News - by way of "Madonna Tribe"
Oh yeah it's hurt her career.

The fans who liked her before - because she was disprespectful to traditional values and spirituality - don't like her now that she's trying to act all prim and proper and religious. One of them has a web page devoted to this subject.

The fans expect and want her to act like a trashy whore, and instead, she strikes yoga poses on stage. Remember some of the early reviews we saw for her "Reinvention Concert?" Some of them were saying it was "boring" and some of them didn't like her emphasis on Kabblah.

(View screen capture from this t.v. clip here)

flea dip
Ultimate Madonna Hater
flea dip
Ultimate Madonna Hater

11:38 PM - Jun 08, 2005 #6

From Madonna Tribe:
    Our forum member Playground informs us that Madonna was just interviewed by Matt Lauer: "Apparently she was slightly guarded and denied Kaballah is destroying her career. He pulled out Esquire...she was over it....she kept pushing her book! Fav part: He asked her if she could still be a huge star by appearing on ladies Home Journal. She said 'watch me!' And...'well I am wearing Chanel', referring to the cover photo!" She also said (referring to Esquire cover from 11 years ago-in black leather bikini and dog chain on bullseye) "I look good in underwear!" Matt Lauer held up both Ladies Home Journal and an old Esquire cover to compare the both. Madonna rolled eyes and laughed He grilled her on what the public thinks of kaballah. She said "she just wanted to make the world a better place!" Thanks to Playground Posted by Elspeth | Wed, June 08 [/li]

flea dip
Ultimate Madonna Hater
flea dip
Ultimate Madonna Hater

11:42 PM - Jun 09, 2005 #7

Despite living quiet life, Madonna has a lot to say

A few excerpts:
    By Mark Shanahan, Globe Staff | June 9, 2005 [i]Why are you doing press? Aren't there millions of people who'll buy whatever you do?[/i] Are you kidding? No way. I still have to make an effort. You're being incredibly presumptuous and naive to think that people just run and get whatever you do. [i]So you don't think that way.[/i] Hell, no. [/li]
Her die hard fans will buy anything she does.

Continuing:
    [i]If you're not writing or recording, what does your day look like?[/i] There's always the bit where I have to get my butt out of bed in the morning. (Laughs.) That's at 7:15 a.m. I wake up, go downstairs, have breakfast with my kids, and argue with my daughter about combing her hair. Then I get them off to school. Sometimes I take them, but it's not my favorite thing to do, let's be honest. I don't like the whole getting up and make myself look presentable for school routine. [/li]
We've seen the photos, we know.
    [i]It's hard to talk about your children's books without at least mentioning your rather notorious first book (1992's picture book ''Sex"). You've said it was a different time. Does that imply regret?[/i] No, no. You know me better than that. I don't regret it. What's the point of regretting anything you've done? If I didn't do everything I did, I wouldn't be who I am now. [/li]
She's clearly trying not to offend the fans she has left who still like her because she's a slut and did slutty things.

I think she regrets her Sex book and stuff like it to the effect that it damaged her career - and it did, it really did. She really miscalculated with the "Sex" book.

flea dip
Ultimate Madonna Hater
flea dip
Ultimate Madonna Hater

12:41 AM - Jun 10, 2005 #8

From LHJ interview, via MTV via Man-donna Tribe:
wrote:What was I thinking before I was thinking

Lotsa de CashaThis is how MTV.com reports the latest news from the Madonna world...

Madonna is featured on the cover and in an exclusive 15-page fashion spread in housewife mag Ladies' Home Journal, out last Tuesday, the same day her latest children's book, "Lotsa de Casha," dropped in stores.

In the magazine's story, she talks about her reformed wild ways, the poison of television and the struggle of balancing a successful marriage with motherhood.

"I can assure you, five years ago, there's no way I would have said, 'I'm going to write kids' books and give all the money to charity,' " the singer said in the interview.

"I never thought I'd be doing that [but] I like the idea people can change, and that everybody has to go through a painful process before they can realize they're idiots."

On her former wild escapades, Madonna admits, "Sometimes now I sit back and say, 'What was I thinking before I was thinking?'

There were times I really had an altruistic goal and wanted to help people. And then other times I just wanted to show off. Let's just call a spade a spade. I knew I could get people to pay attention to me."

From MYV News
Posted by Rebecca_Carlson | Fri, June 10 (Comments)
I recognized when I was 12 years old that she was an idiot. It took her until she was 46 to realize this and how egotistical she is? :confused:

The 1 Not Fooled
Ultimate Madonna Hater
The 1 Not Fooled
Ultimate Madonna Hater

8:42 PM - Jun 10, 2005 #9

Like Lourdes ever wears the same outfit twice anyways...

"Invariably cast as an irresistible femme fatale, yet cannot do sexy..."
- critics on Madonna's acting (Blender Magazine)

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

My Own Personal Disclaimer: Not responsible for views that are misconstrued and/or misrepresented in my absence.

Ironshadow
Ultimate Madonna Hater
Ironshadow
Ultimate Madonna Hater

9:04 PM - Jun 10, 2005 #10

poisonous television as in matrons making out with girls half their age with their underage daughters tossing rose petals at them?

.........15 pages of the slag blathering???????

are they crazy?