why do some races that are geographically separate look similar

Kheshigten
Advanced Member
Kheshigten
Advanced Member

April 2nd, 2015, 9:47 pm #1

i notice that in certain groups that live in separate geography can look similar. this can be seen in certain SE and north asian groups and inuit or native americans (north, south) or between andamanese, sentinelese and certain SSA negrids. can anyone telling me why certain groups can look really like even in certain far locations?

Robin Goodfellow
Advanced Member
Robin Goodfellow
Advanced Member

April 2nd, 2015, 10:36 pm #2

Distance generally helps isolate and define a taxon such as Andamanids from Sub Saharan Africans; Andamanids are only one homogenous taxon whereas SSAs are diverse. I think Melanesids have two variants which are Palae Melanesid and Neo Melanesid whereas in Nilotics its just one taxon mostly which is Nilote but as you move away from the Nilotic center there are some different sorts of shadings and types.
Indo - Dravidian

Paternal Haplogroup L-M27

(Indid) Indo-Melanid

$ Robin Hobb Goodfellow $

lokpikr999
lokpikr999

April 2nd, 2015, 10:49 pm #3

East Asians,Amerindians and Inuits are all Mongoloids and Andamanese,Sentinelese are Negroid.
"I sometimes find it difficult to restrain myself from scratching "predict this" on a stone and lobbing it through the largest pane of glass of some mercenary "Psychic"."-Genomann

Kheshigten
Advanced Member
Kheshigten
Advanced Member

April 3rd, 2015, 12:09 am #4

lokpikr999 wrote:East Asians,Amerindians and Inuits are all Mongoloids and Andamanese,Sentinelese are Negroid.
i thought amerindians/native americans are amerinoids separate but eskimo is mongoloid.

So andamanese, jarawa, sentinelese are negroid?

lokpikr999
lokpikr999

April 3rd, 2015, 12:42 am #5

Xiren wrote:
lokpikr999 wrote:East Asians,Amerindians and Inuits are all Mongoloids and Andamanese,Sentinelese are Negroid.
i thought amerindians/native americans are amerinoids separate but eskimo is mongoloid.

Yes.
"I sometimes find it difficult to restrain myself from scratching "predict this" on a stone and lobbing it through the largest pane of glass of some mercenary "Psychic"."-Genomann

Kheshigten
Advanced Member
Kheshigten
Advanced Member

April 3rd, 2015, 12:49 am #6

lokpikr999 wrote:
Xiren wrote:

Yes.
so how many races are there in this world?

lokpikr999
lokpikr999

April 3rd, 2015, 1:08 am #7

Xiren wrote:
lokpikr999 wrote:
Xiren wrote: Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
Yes.
For intents and purposes 3(Caucasoid,Mongoloid and Negroid)the reason I say that is because there is some debate over whether Australoids(The indigenous peoples of Australia constitute a race amongst themselves or a subset of one of the aforementioned races.(For instance in the article about race in the R encyclopedia from a 1960's volume of World Book encyclopedia set I used to have,it considered them to be "Archaic Caucasoids")

Kheshigten
Advanced Member
Kheshigten
Advanced Member

April 3rd, 2015, 1:23 am #8

lokpikr999 wrote:
Xiren wrote:
lokpikr999 wrote: Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
For intents and purposes 3(Caucasoid,Mongoloid and Negroid)the reason I say that is because there is some debate over whether Australoids(The indigenous peoples of Australia constitute a race amongst themselves or a subset of one of the aforementioned races.(For instance in the article about race in the R encyclopedia from a 1960's volume of World Book encyclopedia set I used to have,it considered them to be "Archaic Caucasoids")
what about khoisanids? they are there own race or part of negroid? amerinoid=another mongoloid group?

lokpikr999
lokpikr999

April 3rd, 2015, 1:57 am #9

Khoisanids are a Negroid subtype and Amerindians are Mongoloids.

TiManel
Advanced Member
TiManel
Advanced Member

April 3rd, 2015, 12:08 pm #10

I was told that Andamanese, Jarawan, Sentinelese are Negritoid and not Negroid.

Ilham
Pro Member
Ilham
Pro Member

April 3rd, 2015, 12:42 pm #11

@lokpikr999 What race are the Papuans?

Kheshigten
Advanced Member
Kheshigten
Advanced Member

April 3rd, 2015, 3:34 pm #12

viriato wrote:I was told that Andamanese, Jarawan, Sentinelese are Negritoid and not Negroid.
so negritoid they belonging subrace negroids? :confused:

also what about australoids and veddoids?

TiManel
Advanced Member
TiManel
Advanced Member

April 3rd, 2015, 10:38 pm #13

Xiren wrote:
viriato wrote:I was told that Andamanese, Jarawan, Sentinelese are Negritoid and not Negroid.
so negritoid they belonging subrace negroids? :confused:

also what about australoids and veddoids?
African pygmies are said to be Negrillo:

Andamanese islanders are said to be Negrito:

Bantu are said to be Negroid:

Note: The oldest Negroid skeleton found until today is around 12,000 years old (Iwo Eleru). Both Negrito and Negrillo should be of more ancient substrate as genetic studies indicate.

Coon made a distinction between the African pygmies and African negroes, though he included them on the Congoid race.

Cavalli-Sforza, stated that the Pygmies are very distinct, genetically speaking, compared with other Bantu language speakers. His theory is that Pygmies had their own distinct language in the past, but have since adopted the language of the Bantu peoples that live around them.
In my opinion, pygmies seem to have more primitive skulls overall, as well.

Veddoid are said to be derived from the Australoid main group.

Veddah from Sri Lanka.

Australoids are said to be varied in origins. Some are archaic Caucasoids, some are archaic Caucasoids combined with Negritoid, some are archaic Caucasoids combined with Denisovan (archaic hominid) or even with Negritoid as well.

Btw, African Pygmies are said to have some archaic hominid admixture as well (still not identified).

There are also some suggestions about the same happening with the Andamanese, but I did never read nothing about it, only saw it on a documentary.

Marcus Absent
Advanced Member
Marcus Absent
Advanced Member

April 4th, 2015, 5:57 am #14

No they are not...learn what you're talking about before you post so confidently

lokpikr999
lokpikr999

April 4th, 2015, 6:12 am #15

Marcus Absent wrote:
No they are not...learn what you're talking about before you post so confidently
Really?Then what race group do they belong to?Because they certainly look SSA to me.