Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

3:04 AM - Jul 30, 2008 #11

You always have the choice to vote for someone else, if you wish. Or you can just avoid the post all together. No need to be rude.

Julie

RLS
RLS

3:18 AM - Jul 30, 2008 #12

Rather than asking people to vote for you daughter, wouldn't it be more "politically correct" and legit
if you simply told the people about the site and let them decide?????

HONESTLY!!!
All I have to say to you is that I never said anyone HAD to vote for my daughter... I told everyone NOT to feel obligated.... I will never be upset if anyone here decided they didn't want to vote for her or if they decided to vote for someone else instead... HONESTLY, you are free to vote for whomever you wish...

Also, I am not doing anything differently that any other parent is doing in asking family and friends to consider voting for their children... I think of most members of this forum as our extended familiy and I have said that in the past. As a matter of fact, I met my best friend through this forum... Also, that was how I found out about that in the first place... A friend asked me to vote for her daughter...

I never said that you need to vote for her. As a matter of fact, I would prefer it if you don't. Thanks.

To everyone else, thanks for your support and kind words about my daughter. It really means more to me than you'll ever know just how wonderful the people here can be. My daughter loves coming to "visit" here and I know that she'll be thrilled to see all the nice things you've said... I'll be sure to skip over this last comment.

Noel
Noel

7:26 AM - Jul 30, 2008 #13

Hi there... It's me again...

My daughter's turning 10 in a few weeks and I found this place online that makes these fantastic custom birthday invitations... They have a week long photo contest and the winner gets a $50 gift card to use for purchases on the site, which will be just enough for the invitations! Which would be a blessing since I don't work over the summer, so that wold help a LOT.

Will you guts think about voting for her? Don't feel obligated, I just thought that I would ask... You can vote up to 5 times per computer (and I beieve only once per email address, but I am not sure about that)...

Here's the link...
http://www.simplytoimpress.com/photo-contest/3825.html

Thanks!
Done...done...done...done...done!

ridiculous
ridiculous

3:15 PM - Jul 30, 2008 #14

Rather than asking people to vote for you daughter, wouldn't it be more "politically correct" and legit
if you simply told the people about the site and let them decide?????

HONESTLY!!!
All I am saying, is that when she wins (as it appears she will) it just doesn't seem honest. And by the way, you title said....

WILL YOU VOTE FOR PEPSI... i understand i dont HAVE to but that is a pretty bold statement

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

6:26 PM - Jul 30, 2008 #15

Just out of curiosity, what makes you so sure all of the other parents who posted photos of their kids aren't sending out emails to everyone they know, asking for people to vote for their child? I get emails like that all the time from friends who have babies and have submitted their cute picture to one of the parenting magazine websites. I think most people know that they have to ask friends to vote if their kid stands a chance of winning any of these online contests. How is it any different than "American Idol" or any of the other call-in shows?

Julie

Eliza
Eliza

5:18 AM - Jul 31, 2008 #16

How is it any different than "American Idol" or any of the other call-in shows?

Or, like, running for president?

I guess in Ridiculous's World, all politicians simply remind people to vote but don't do anything to suggest that they want the voters to vote for them.

A modest proposal: Cecile, when you post YouTube videos, you should probably just remind us that YouTube videos exist but don't actually tell us which particular ones you think we may want to see. Because, what if we don't want to watch one, and you told us to?! And, Julie, stop mentioning your pesky little film by name and just remind us that we should consider getting a DVD of something. Let us make up our minds, would ya? And, RLS, when telling us about online voting contests, just let us know they exist, but don't you dare suggest for whom we should vote, because we are pathetic little lemmings and won't be able to resist following your mandate.

Woot, three cheers for impartiality!

(In case there's also no sarcasm in RidiculousWorld, insert appropriate emoticon here).

RLS
RLS

6:04 AM - Jul 31, 2008 #17

Okay, so I totally told myself that I would NOT reply to this anymore. But, I'm sorry Eliza.... I am so TOTALLY LMAO at your post! LOL...........................

~~~~~~~~~~~

Do you want to know a secret? Well, technically, since I am posting it here to the world, it's not really a secret... So, I'm just going to tell you something....

It was my birthday today....
Well, I say was because it was July 30th and where I live it is now July 31st....

It was my birthday until midnight and I DIDN'T EVEN REMEMBER that it was my birthday until about 3:00 this afternoon when my daughter got home from camp and she had all the kids in her carpool get out of the car they were in and sing Happy Birthday to me!

That whole "ridiculous" thing made me so annoyed. Happy Birthday to me.
Maybe you all remembered that and the votes you cast for my daughter were "in-leiu" of my gifts. lol

Eliza
Eliza

1:50 PM - Jul 31, 2008 #18

Happy [belated] birthday, RLS! I hope you didn't let some Ridiculousness ruin it in any way. (Er, let me rephrase. You may choose to let it ruin it or not. I'm not going to tell you what to do. I will just throw the possibility out there and let you make up your own mind ).

7:06 PM - Jul 31, 2008 #19

How is it any different than "American Idol" or any of the other call-in shows?

Or, like, running for president?

I guess in Ridiculous's World, all politicians simply remind people to vote but don't do anything to suggest that they want the voters to vote for them.

A modest proposal: Cecile, when you post YouTube videos, you should probably just remind us that YouTube videos exist but don't actually tell us which particular ones you think we may want to see. Because, what if we don't want to watch one, and you told us to?! And, Julie, stop mentioning your pesky little film by name and just remind us that we should consider getting a DVD of something. Let us make up our minds, would ya? And, RLS, when telling us about online voting contests, just let us know they exist, but don't you dare suggest for whom we should vote, because we are pathetic little lemmings and won't be able to resist following your mandate.

Woot, three cheers for impartiality!

(In case there's also no sarcasm in RidiculousWorld, insert appropriate emoticon here).
Your post made me laugh.
By the way, I did vote for Pepsi, the picture is so cute!

old fan
old fan

8:50 PM - Jul 31, 2008 #20

nmi