White tights and rainbow dresses -

White tights and rainbow dresses -

Suzanne
Suzanne

January 15th, 2009, 5:57 am #1

I just realized something - but was wondering if anyone else thinks this too ... when I have seen productions of Annie and the girls wear white tights with their rainbow dresses, it seems to make them look taller and older. I had them wear tights in my production because of "religious" reasons (I was in a very conservative area) - and just noticed that while looking through my photos. - I also saw white tights on another company's pics and thought the same thing.

old fan
old fan

January 15th, 2009, 9:21 pm #2

...I don't think they had tights in the 1930!! I think the white ankle socks are more authentic to the era.

Suzanne
Suzanne

January 15th, 2009, 11:44 pm #3

I pretty much had no choice but to put the tights on the kids because of the extremely religious community I was in. It did bug me big time - but I wanted to keep the kids that I had, so I made that deal with the parents.

I have always wondered if other people experienced similar.

old fan
old fan

January 16th, 2009, 12:05 am #4

...what type of religious community was it ? It was a great compromise, and I do agree socks are more little-girlish, and tights make kids look older. If I'm being too nosy, just ignore me !

Suzanne
Suzanne

January 16th, 2009, 6:41 am #5

Hi OldFan,

I didn't want you to think that I ignored you, so I wanted to get back to you on this topic... however, I don't feel comfortable talking about the various religions that were involved, mainly because it's such a "hot topic of debate" - if that makes any sense. Also, I have given many of my old cast members this website, and wouldn't want them to feel like I'm negating them or putting them down in anyway.

I hope that makes sense

Take care,
Suz

old fan
old fan

January 16th, 2009, 1:38 pm #6

I was just interested because I have been reading about religious groups (such as the Amish, and the Quiverfuls- like the Duggar Family from TLC) and was interested, but I knew it might not want to be something to discuss on a forum. Thanks for the reply !

Suzanne
Suzanne

January 16th, 2009, 8:54 pm #7

Old Fan - wow I didn't even think of the Duggar Family! That is a perfect example though. Very close perhaps. Although I'm not certain of their beliefs exactly, it is quite similar from what I've experienced.