Where is Annie?

K-the-O ;-)
K-the-O ;-)

July 21st, 2008, 12:01 am #1

Opening scene: Where has Annie been when she enters to comfort Molly?

Is it written anywhere?

If not, what is your guess?

I'm thinking is she scoping the joint and making sure Hannigan is asleep because she is planning to run away.

old fan
old fan

July 21st, 2008, 12:06 am #2

..because she'd not in her PJs, she is planning to go outside and escape.

K-the-O ;-)
K-the-O ;-)

July 21st, 2008, 1:38 am #3

I didn't even think about her not being in her pajamas. DUH.

So, was this common knowledge that I only figured out 30 years later?

old fan
old fan

July 21st, 2008, 12:42 pm #4

nmi

K-the-O ;-)
K-the-O ;-)

July 21st, 2008, 2:21 pm #5

I've been that stupid all these years? LOL

I used to consider myself very perceptive and intelligent. So much for self-awareness.

middleAgedFan!
middleAgedFan!

July 23rd, 2008, 8:28 am #6

Is it written anywhere?

I'm thinking is she scoping the joint and making sure Hannigan is asleep because she is planning to run away.
Oh, I wondered this since i first saw the show as a little girl in 1977 but was afraid to ask! Why was she in street clothes and where the heck was she??? It took me 30 years to fess up, glory be for this website!

K-the-O ;-)
K-the-O ;-)

July 23rd, 2008, 2:57 pm #7

Glad I could take on the humiliation (of not knowing) for you

I do recall that I wondered if she just didn't have pajamas but I never, until now, put together wearing street clothes and being off-stage with her about to run away.

DUh Louie! - as we used to say in the 70s

old fan
old fan

July 23rd, 2008, 3:07 pm #8

Oh, I wondered this since i first saw the show as a little girl in 1977 but was afraid to ask! Why was she in street clothes and where the heck was she??? It took me 30 years to fess up, glory be for this website!
Didn't Annie also have a basket of belongings and a flashlight with her, when she heard Molly crying, and come back into the dorm to comfort here ? Then she picked them up after Maybe etc and start to sneak out ?

N/a
N/a

July 23rd, 2008, 10:06 pm #9

Is it written anywhere?

Annie runs onstage with a mop and bucket and sets it aside ONSTAGE as she runs to comfort Molly.
In the script it mentions that ANNIE has been up cleaning when she hears Molly's screams and runs onstage to comfort her.

old fan
old fan

July 23rd, 2008, 11:07 pm #10

Why was she cleaning, just because she was Miss Hannigan's least favorite orphan ? Why was she in clothes, when the orphans cleaned in PJs after Annie was caught ? Man, my "old" memory is going because I don't remember a mop at all !! Yikes !