what are your thoughts on Tianna Stevens?

what are your thoughts on Tianna Stevens?

Claire
Claire

December 21st, 2008, 2:15 am #1

I haven't heard her sing, but I've seen pictures of her in her Annie outfits, and with her Annie hair (including the curled hair), and it's just something about her face that doesn't look very "Annie-ish". Despite the fact that not one single Annie has looked even remotely similar to each other, for some reason they all looked like they could be Annies. But for some reason this girl doesn't. Perhaps her hair needs to grow out a little bit more, it still has that "fresh from the hairdresser" look.

Zaneeta
Zaneeta

December 21st, 2008, 6:31 pm #2

I think this is an inappropriate topic to discuss, seeing as though Tianna herself may check this board occassionally. Regardless of whether she does or not, I don't think it is fair to discuss why someone doesn't look the part after they've already gotten it. She's just a little girl, and as long as she's enjoying herself, that's all we can ask for.

"Annie" doesn't have a look- she has a personality. And its up to the actor to bring the look. The actor doesn't fit the mold in this show, the actor makes the mold. And from what I hear, Tianna is making a fine mold indeed!! .

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

December 21st, 2008, 6:53 pm #3

I haven't heard her sing, but I've seen pictures of her in her Annie outfits, and with her Annie hair (including the curled hair), and it's just something about her face that doesn't look very "Annie-ish". Despite the fact that not one single Annie has looked even remotely similar to each other, for some reason they all looked like they could be Annies. But for some reason this girl doesn't. Perhaps her hair needs to grow out a little bit more, it still has that "fresh from the hairdresser" look.
She reminds me of Rosanne Sorrentino and Becky Snyder.

Julie

old fan
old fan

December 21st, 2008, 7:22 pm #4

I don't think this was a "mean" question at all. As people here always say, that's show biz ! Nothing hurtful was said about Tianna's appearance by Claire at all. And now we are coming up with successful Annies who have similar "looks."

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

December 21st, 2008, 7:28 pm #5

Meghan
Meghan

December 21st, 2008, 7:34 pm #6

I don't think this was a "mean" question at all. As people here always say, that's show biz ! Nothing hurtful was said about Tianna's appearance by Claire at all. And now we are coming up with successful Annies who have similar "looks."
If I were playing Annie and I was told, or heard, or read, that people thought I did not look enough like Annie, or if I was playing any part and people were saying I didnt look the part, I would take it as hurtful. You may not see it as a "mean" question, but what is the purpose of asking a question like that? Nothing positive comes out of it, and if Tianna were to read it, yes i think she would be hurt by it. Especially since you have never seen her perform, criticizing her based solely on her looks is completely uncalled for.

AnnieFan65
AnnieFan65

December 21st, 2008, 8:26 pm #7

Julie

I was thinking the same thing. She reminds me of Roseanne. I think she looks adorable.

old fan
old fan

December 21st, 2008, 9:02 pm #8

If I were playing Annie and I was told, or heard, or read, that people thought I did not look enough like Annie, or if I was playing any part and people were saying I didnt look the part, I would take it as hurtful. You may not see it as a "mean" question, but what is the purpose of asking a question like that? Nothing positive comes out of it, and if Tianna were to read it, yes i think she would be hurt by it. Especially since you have never seen her perform, criticizing her based solely on her looks is completely uncalled for.
..and I would think Tianna would be pleased to be compared to some of the best Annies ever. I don't necessarily agree with Claire's opinion, but I have every right to express my own. So do you.

December 21st, 2008, 10:17 pm #9

Maybe it's just me, but I didn't read that post as her saying that she was not a good Annie. She wasn't critisizing or saying that she is not a good Annie. She simply asked a question to see if others think that she looks like Annies that came before her (or didn't look like them).

I would like to see (or hear) a clip of her singing Tomorrow. I think that based on what I heard of her other songs on her website, she would make a great Annie, but I have not heard or seen her myself. Yes, she's got a different look than the most recent Annies, but it's refreshing and nice to see that they have found talent in someone who doesn't have that "cookie cutter Annie" look. I think that she looks like a good Annie, but I also don't think that anything Claire said was meant to be mean or hurtful. She never once mentioned or critisized her performance, she even said they had never seen her.

And, Old Fan is right, now look how many Annie "greats" she is being compared to! We're hoping to find a way to get to see the tour as it isn't coming anywhere within 3 hours of us...

Julie Smith
Julie Smith

December 22nd, 2008, 2:14 pm #10

Julie

I agree ...