Well I guess it's finally time to introduce myself

Well I guess it's finally time to introduce myself

Kris
Kris

March 25th, 2008, 7:13 pm #1

Hello there! I have been reading this forum for quite some time now. I just have not been brave enough to post LOL! My name is Kris and I am a Mom to 5 adorable daughters age 2-12. I performed in many plays as a child and young adult but had not done anything since 1994 until this past Christmas when I did a show with 3 of my daughters at a local community theater. I was in 6 different productions of Annie as a child. I played Annie, Molly, July and Duffy and was The Star To Be when I was older. I ordered my copy of Life After Tomorrow from Amazon and should get it this Saturday, I can't wait to see it! It's nice to meet you all!

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

March 25th, 2008, 8:03 pm #2

Welcome, Kris. I'm glad you finally decided to post. Don't be shy.

Julie

mom of 6
mom of 6

March 25th, 2008, 8:28 pm #3

Hello there! I have been reading this forum for quite some time now. I just have not been brave enough to post LOL! My name is Kris and I am a Mom to 5 adorable daughters age 2-12. I performed in many plays as a child and young adult but had not done anything since 1994 until this past Christmas when I did a show with 3 of my daughters at a local community theater. I was in 6 different productions of Annie as a child. I played Annie, Molly, July and Duffy and was The Star To Be when I was older. I ordered my copy of Life After Tomorrow from Amazon and should get it this Saturday, I can't wait to see it! It's nice to meet you all!
Another mom with a lot of kids, lol. some say we're saints, others say we're crazy. I haven't decided yet, I feel crazy and have yet to see a halo, lol!! Just kidding. Love every minute of it
Welcome!

March 25th, 2008, 9:04 pm #4

You're gonna love it!

old fan
old fan

March 25th, 2008, 9:19 pm #5

Wow, five girls ! I bet you have a lot of neat Annie stories. Nice to have a new member.

Kris
Kris

March 26th, 2008, 12:11 am #6

Awwwwwwwww thanks. I'm really not a shy person but I don't really have a lot of time to post so I don't like to be one of those phantom posters LOL. I have missed theater so much and though I wouldn't trade my husband and my 5 girls for anything it is fun to remember what my life used to be like! I am thinking about auditioning for another show next month but I don't know if I can get my nerve up or not LOL. It's with the same theater that I did the one with over Christmas but I didn't have to try out....someone dropped out and I got suckered into taking her part LOL. It was a blast though to do it with the kids. I have no idea what I would even sing because I'm sure that audition songs have changed in the last 15 years LOL. Except my husband tells me I could pass for a high schooler and I should just audition for one of them parts LOL. It's High School Musical. I do sing in church and have done many solos with the church choir and just completed recording a benefit song for a childrens hospital but they're all Christian songs and I doubt that would cut it for High School Musical LOL. At any rate thanks for the nice welcome. I'll have to see if I can remember some good Annie bloopers from way back when!

Julie Smith
Julie Smith

March 26th, 2008, 12:47 am #7

Welcome! nmi

mom of 6
mom of 6

March 27th, 2008, 2:22 am #8

Awwwwwwwww thanks. I'm really not a shy person but I don't really have a lot of time to post so I don't like to be one of those phantom posters LOL. I have missed theater so much and though I wouldn't trade my husband and my 5 girls for anything it is fun to remember what my life used to be like! I am thinking about auditioning for another show next month but I don't know if I can get my nerve up or not LOL. It's with the same theater that I did the one with over Christmas but I didn't have to try out....someone dropped out and I got suckered into taking her part LOL. It was a blast though to do it with the kids. I have no idea what I would even sing because I'm sure that audition songs have changed in the last 15 years LOL. Except my husband tells me I could pass for a high schooler and I should just audition for one of them parts LOL. It's High School Musical. I do sing in church and have done many solos with the church choir and just completed recording a benefit song for a childrens hospital but they're all Christian songs and I doubt that would cut it for High School Musical LOL. At any rate thanks for the nice welcome. I'll have to see if I can remember some good Annie bloopers from way back when!
You sound like you'd be great. Is your girls also auditioning? that would be so fun to do with my girls, only I can't carry a note with a handle!
Sounds like fun, Let us know how it went and what you decide