Andrea McArdle sings "Somewhere Over The Rainbow"

Elizabeth
Elizabeth

July 28th, 2008, 3:03 am #11

...I wonder what style of today will look ridiculous in 10 years ??
until all young men wear pants that FIT!! I'm tired of seeing their underwear!! Sorry, I know this is OT, I just had to get it off my chest since someone brought up clothing trends.

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

July 28th, 2008, 6:55 am #12

LOL.......

I laughed so hard when you asked why we thought we needed bigger shoulders!

My daugher and I bought the first season of The Golden Girls for my mother for her 60th birthday recently and we were watching some of it the other day and wmy mom and I were laughing about the shoulder pads and those EXACT WORDS came out of the mouth of my 9-year-old! LOL.............

BTW... Do you guys remember when like a year ago I was asking if anyone could recognize the "dad" in the commercial for the Leap Pad? The one who looks in on her 5-y-o who's "reading" in her room? I KNEW that I knew him from somewhere but couldn't rmember where? Well, in one of the episodes I SAW HIM! He was a lot younger but I KNEW it was him, so I forwarded to the credits and found his name and googled him!

He was credited as "Billy Jacoby" in the Golden Girls and played Blanche's grandson... Though he's also been credited as Billy Jayne, Bill Jacoby, or William Jayne. I was remembering him as the best friend "Mikey Randall" on the TV show "Parker Lewis Can't Lose"...... I thought that I would NEVER figure that one out! LOL

Sorry, that was a long sidetrack from shoulder pads and somewhere over the rainbow, lol.......
Billy, Bobbie and Laura Jacoby were quite the hard working show biz family. I think there were two more siblings, but those three worked a lot. Billy was also on "Silver Spoons."

Julie

Cecile (France)
Cecile (France)

July 28th, 2008, 10:21 am #13

I bet you they'll look stupid to the next generation, teenagers will look at their mom's photos and say: "How could you wear that? It's like you're walking around with just your tights on???"

RLS
RLS

July 28th, 2008, 6:08 pm #14

I wore leggings when I was a kid... And I've always thought it was funny that now my daughter is wearing them!

* At least she's not wearing them as pants under those HUGE sweater dresses! Remember those?!? They were horrid! And yet I thought I was so cool to wear them almost every single day. lol.............

old fan
old fan

July 28th, 2008, 6:39 pm #15

Now the girls seem to wear them with short skirts and Ugg boots ! LOL

fashion critic
fashion critic

July 29th, 2008, 3:31 am #16

...is when girls walk around the mall in spaghetti strap tops or tank tops with a large portion of the bra showing. Whatever happened to "underwear"?

Also, let's hope that tattoos and piercings (one in each earlobe is plenty) will be on their way out soon.

While we're at it, let's hope that every Nehru jacket has sent to the scrap heap, never to be worn again.

JB
JB

July 29th, 2008, 7:17 pm #17

Haha...crocs will be a trend to be mystified about in ten years
Oh! And those terry-cloth pregnant belly tube tobe things that were in a little while back!