Video of the Ryan girls (Lyndsey and Kaleigh) in Annie

May 24th, 2008, 11:28 am #1

I don't remember seeing those before, at least not filmed from that angle.

Smile: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbIfi_Sg ... re=related

HKL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HF2SJnn ... re=related
Last edited by Cecile-France on May 24th, 2008, 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Js Mom
Js Mom

May 24th, 2008, 12:43 pm #2

Why did this cast have 7 orphans? What was the extra orphan's character's name? No big deal, just noticed and was curious! Still adorable routines and girls!

old fan
old fan

May 24th, 2008, 2:04 pm #3

...the swing perform , as it was a limited run??? Just a guess, but that would be so nice for the extra girl to have a chance to go on stage.

RLS
RLS

May 24th, 2008, 2:12 pm #4

My daughters Annie this past Christmas had 3 extra orphans and I know MOM of 6's daughter had a TON (or so it seemed to me, lol) of extra orphans in hers in MI... In my daughters they were named Mary, Rose, and Anna. Though my daughter thought that they never should have named her Ann-A as is was too close to Ann-IE, lol..

Noel
Noel

May 25th, 2008, 1:50 am #5

I got out the program and the extra Orphan was the ANNIE understudy and her character name was Scout.

Kim Ryan
Kim Ryan

May 25th, 2008, 4:33 am #6

Lindsay's understudy, Elise Gibney, played a sort of made up orphan, "Scout". It was far more comfortable for both the director and us for Lindsay to accept the role with an understudy, since film/tv takes precedence over theatre here (unless its one of the extremely rare, short-run Equity-level productions that might hire a child). Since Elise studied and rehearsed the role, they gave her one of the shows to perform at and Lindsay went on that show as "Scout."

Kim

french_girl
french_girl

May 25th, 2008, 10:25 am #7

they're all very good! but what is it exactly ? i mean, is it a community theatre thing..? their Molly is so cute!

old fan
old fan

May 25th, 2008, 1:21 pm #8

Lindsay's understudy, Elise Gibney, played a sort of made up orphan, "Scout". It was far more comfortable for both the director and us for Lindsay to accept the role with an understudy, since film/tv takes precedence over theatre here (unless its one of the extremely rare, short-run Equity-level productions that might hire a child). Since Elise studied and rehearsed the role, they gave her one of the shows to perform at and Lindsay went on that show as "Scout."

Kim
....did Scout play an orphan at every show, and Annie once ? That's what I gather from the info above..great idea !

Kim Ryan
Kim Ryan

May 25th, 2008, 3:29 pm #9

they're all very good! but what is it exactly ? i mean, is it a community theatre thing..? their Molly is so cute!
It was Annie at Los Angeles Valley College that ran last fall.

http://www.lavc.edu/theatre/alumni.html

Kim Ryan
Kim Ryan

May 25th, 2008, 3:30 pm #10

....did Scout play an orphan at every show, and Annie once ? That's what I gather from the info above..great idea !
yes - she was an orphan at every show except for the show that she got to go on as Annie.