Untitled

Untitled

Please, Mr. Charnin......
Please, Mr. Charnin......

August 7th, 2008, 12:40 am #1

....if you're reading this, raise the height level!!!

Ruthie
Ruthie

August 7th, 2008, 12:32 pm #2

yeah, nothing more ridiculous than 5 feet plus children being 8 to 10 yr olds. If your child has gotten too tall, move on.........

4'10"+
4'10"+

August 7th, 2008, 3:22 pm #3

It was just a joke!

sue
sue

August 9th, 2008, 10:18 pm #4

yeah, nothing more ridiculous than 5 feet plus children being 8 to 10 yr olds. If your child has gotten too tall, move on.........
I know the comment about raising the height was meant as humor(it was funny)...but the comment after regarding an 8 or 10 yr old over 5 feet tall as being ridiculous....my child was 10yrs old and 5 foot 2...it isn't that uncommon. He didn't look ridiculous at all and in fact I had to remind a few teenage gals that he was only 10. Not angry with the comment just trying to remind people that children have self esteem issues and some really tall children even know how to read this website.

Natalie
Natalie

August 9th, 2008, 11:10 pm #5

I agree. I'm 17 and my friend's 11-year-old sister is taller than me. Plus, the kids in Annie are supposed to be between 6 and 13, so it's not very unthinkable for them to be taller. It would just be harder to distinguish them from the adults.

CindyS
CindyS

August 10th, 2008, 12:26 am #6

I know the comment about raising the height was meant as humor(it was funny)...but the comment after regarding an 8 or 10 yr old over 5 feet tall as being ridiculous....my child was 10yrs old and 5 foot 2...it isn't that uncommon. He didn't look ridiculous at all and in fact I had to remind a few teenage gals that he was only 10. Not angry with the comment just trying to remind people that children have self esteem issues and some really tall children even know how to read this website.
I am a teacher and have several 5th graders (10 year olds) who are 5'plus. Yes, they look older, but they are only 10. Some children just grow taller quicker. No big deal.

laura Palmer
laura Palmer

August 10th, 2008, 3:40 am #7

There were three girls all aged 10 and they were over 5'8"

RLS
RLS

August 10th, 2008, 3:53 am #8

5'8"??? That's crazy, lol. I was going to say that at 9-years-old, my daughter who is in the 95th percentile in height, was among the shortest in her class at 4'8" (give or take 1/2 - 1 inch or so since I don't really know her exact heith at this moment)... Most of the kids stood around 5'2" and I thought that was tall since most of them are 10 as well. My daughter beat the birthday cut-off so is the youngest in her class each year. Wow, I would hate for my 10-y-o to be 5'8" since she would be taller than me at 5'5"... I would be so sad, lol... Hard to watch them grow up sometimes as it goes WAY too fast. :O)

Meghan
Meghan

August 10th, 2008, 5:32 am #9

There were three girls all aged 10 and they were over 5'8"
I'm going to be a senior in high school and i am barely 5 feet tall. I wish i was 5'8'' at 10! thats crazy. when i was 10 (thats like 4th grade, right?) I was probably only a little over 4 feet. Honestly though, i really dont mind being short at all, especially in theater. (i could still play annie at 15) Although...i kinda wish i was like 3 or 4 inches shorter so when i turn 18 soon i could be the orphan swing. o well!

CindyS
CindyS

August 10th, 2008, 10:32 am #10

My dd, who is now 21, stands 5'1" and plays Elmo in Sesame Street Live! She also played Anne Frank when she was 17 and recently played a 12 year old, which she was able to carry off and look very believable! Of course, she'll never be a Rockette, but she understands her height limitations and goes with it.

Good luck to you.