totally OT: youtube

RLS
RLS

August 22nd, 2008, 4:05 am #1

I am wondering, does anyone know if you can save videos that you find on youtube to your computer? I REALLY want to put a copy of video of that old Staples "Back to School" commercial (It's the most wonderful time of the year) on the blog I have for my Girl Scout troop as a nice little joke for them before school starts, but I can't embed videos to blogger, I have to upload them.

It is a private, password proected site, so no one would see it but the 10 girls in my troop. Does anyone know how/if I can do that?

Thanks

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

August 22nd, 2008, 4:54 am #2

If you send me the link to the video, I can probably do it for you.

Julie

RLS
RLS

August 22nd, 2008, 5:17 am #3

Hi Julie...

I sent you the link.

Here it is again if anyone else wants to see it. It is my absolute FAVORITE commercial of ALL TIME! :O)

Thanks again...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPIIMbG9R4w#

Elizabeth
Elizabeth

August 22nd, 2008, 11:35 am #4

I am wondering, does anyone know if you can save videos that you find on youtube to your computer? I REALLY want to put a copy of video of that old Staples "Back to School" commercial (It's the most wonderful time of the year) on the blog I have for my Girl Scout troop as a nice little joke for them before school starts, but I can't embed videos to blogger, I have to upload them.

It is a private, password proected site, so no one would see it but the 10 girls in my troop. Does anyone know how/if I can do that?

Thanks
Wow! We've been in school for two weeks! I hope you and everyone else had a great summer. I'm a teacher so summer is the most wonderful time of the year for me!!! I have to admit though, that commercial cracks me up too!

RLS
RLS

August 22nd, 2008, 2:14 pm #5

My girls go back on September 3rd...

But, I'm always jealous of those that get out in May and early June, we got out 6/26 this year...

Elise
Elise

August 22nd, 2008, 6:11 pm #6

Thanks
In this website you can save a video from youtube to your computer and change its format

http://www.youconvertit.com/OnlineVideo.aspx

Jessie
Jessie

August 24th, 2008, 8:27 am #7

on the whole youtube and saving to the computer thing. does anyone know how to save a DVD to your computer so you can upload to youtube? cause i have a lot of shows on DVD that i want to put up for some friends to see, but i cant figure out a way to like save it to the computer so i can upload it.

sorry its so off topic, but since the thread was going, i thought id ask! = ]

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

August 24th, 2008, 6:10 pm #8

There are lots of programs out there, like Mac The Ripper or Cinematize (for a Mac), where you can convert a DVD to Quicktime or another compatible program to upload to You Tube. When things are burned to a DVD, they are compressed, so you have to find a program to un-compress them and change the data to a compatible format for You Tube. It's not difficult, though.

Julie

Jessie
Jessie

August 24th, 2008, 11:22 pm #9

Oh! i had no idea that you could do that! thank you so much! im going to go try it! = ]