Totally OT - American Idol

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

June 8th, 2008, 7:32 am #1

I was having dinner with a friend tonight at a somewhat "hip" restaurant in Hollywood and sitting next to us was "American Idol" top 10 contestant, Jason Castro. When we sang Happy Birthday to my friend, I pretended to aim my camera at her so I could catch this (out of focus) picture of Jason and his date - he's the guy on the far right, with the dreads in his hair.

Julie

Morgan
Morgan

June 8th, 2008, 10:32 am #2

Pretty cool! He seems like a nice guy, but I was never particularly fond of his style of singing. I'm not sure how he made it as far as he did.

Colleen
Colleen

June 8th, 2008, 11:42 am #3

I was having dinner with a friend tonight at a somewhat "hip" restaurant in Hollywood and sitting next to us was "American Idol" top 10 contestant, Jason Castro. When we sang Happy Birthday to my friend, I pretended to aim my camera at her so I could catch this (out of focus) picture of Jason and his date - he's the guy on the far right, with the dreads in his hair.

Julie

That wan't at "Ketchup" on Sunset Blvd, was it?

Rachel
Rachel

June 8th, 2008, 12:34 pm #4

Julie, great pic, thanks for sharing! I'm obsessed with Jason Castro. I voted for him like 200 times every night he was on. He must be GORGEOUS up close! I was hoping to get backstage passes to the tour but they are REALLY hard to come by.

Rachel

Eliza
Eliza

June 8th, 2008, 12:55 pm #5

Julie

This Jason Castro moment will never not be funny:

Andrew Lloyd Webber is working with him on "Memory," from Cats.

Camera cuts to interview with ALW, who says something like, "We discussed the song at length, but I'm still not sure he fully grasps the layers of meaning."

Cut to Jason Castro, who says, in total stoner voice, "I didn't know it was sung by a cat."

Colleen
Colleen

June 8th, 2008, 1:23 pm #6

....sorry....I meant "wasn't"!!!

old fan
old fan

June 8th, 2008, 1:24 pm #7

This Jason Castro moment will never not be funny:

Andrew Lloyd Webber is working with him on "Memory," from Cats.

Camera cuts to interview with ALW, who says something like, "We discussed the song at length, but I'm still not sure he fully grasps the layers of meaning."

Cut to Jason Castro, who says, in total stoner voice, "I didn't know it was sung by a cat."
"Memory" is of course one of my fave Cats songs, and Grizabella my favorite "cat !"I didn't even follow AI much this year, but that is really an amazing remark for a "musician" who knew they were performing ALW songs !

Julie, you're a sly dawg ! You must get a lot of chances to snap photos of celebs, living where you do.
Thanks for sharing.

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

June 8th, 2008, 4:47 pm #8

Yes, Colleen, that was at the restaurant Ketchup. How in the world could you tell?

Julie

Colleen
Colleen

June 8th, 2008, 5:04 pm #9

When I was in L.A. in April, my friend Roger and I ate outside across the street at Mel's, and I was looking at Ketchup and thought it looked cool from the outside. When I saw your picture, and noticed how "red" everything looked, I immediately thought of that place!

How's the food there?

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

June 8th, 2008, 5:20 pm #10

Colleen:

The food isn't very good but the view is great. My friend had never been there, so I thought she would like it. Mel's Diner is fun, too.

Julie