ILuvAnnie2
ILuvAnnie2

June 8th, 2008, 10:05 pm #11

Yes, Colleen, that was at the restaurant Ketchup. How in the world could you tell?

Julie
She could possibly tell by the giant ketchup bottle on the wall! LOL!

Dina
Dina

June 9th, 2008, 4:18 am #12

When I was in L.A. in April, my friend Roger and I ate outside across the street at Mel's, and I was looking at Ketchup and thought it looked cool from the outside. When I saw your picture, and noticed how "red" everything looked, I immediately thought of that place!

How's the food there?
I ate at Mel's once when I was in LA. I loved that place! That's on the Sunset Strip if I recall, right? I know this is OT--but once you get me started on food, that's it. Two other LA faves of mine are Louise's Trattoria (the one on Melrose is the one I have been to every time I go back to LA) and I like this Mexican place that's been there for a million years called the Gardens of Taxco on N. Harper Ave in West Hollywood. A bit cheesy but the food is really good plus they have amazing margaritas.

Ophelia
Ophelia

June 10th, 2008, 2:31 am #13

I was having dinner with a friend tonight at a somewhat "hip" restaurant in Hollywood and sitting next to us was "American Idol" top 10 contestant, Jason Castro. When we sang Happy Birthday to my friend, I pretended to aim my camera at her so I could catch this (out of focus) picture of Jason and his date - he's the guy on the far right, with the dreads in his hair.

Julie

Julie has a knack for dining with Idol contestants!

In 2005 I was in LA on business and met Julie for dinner one night. As we were leaving the restaurant she pointed out Constantine Maroulis sitting at a table.

BTW - my Idol encounter didn't end there. Flash forward 2 weeks. I leave LA, go on vacation in Hawaii, on the way home we have a connection in LAX and I find myself in line to check in for my flight with the Idol top 10 who were kicking off their tour.

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

June 10th, 2008, 3:04 am #14

I'm quite the celebrity spotter here in LA, so it's not unusual that I recognize people while I'm out and about. Considering that I live 5 minutes away from where they film "American Idol," it's no surprise that I see the contestants in the "hood." I saw Jordan Sparks and a few of the younger contestants at the mall last year.

I don't usually have a camera with me or feel inspired to take a photo of a celebrity, but I made an exception the other night for Jason Castro. Actually, I lied. I took a photo with my cell phone of Ashton Kutcher when I worked with him on a Nikon commercial recently.

Julie

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

June 10th, 2008, 3:17 am #15

And here it is, folks...

Dina
Dina

June 10th, 2008, 4:13 am #16

In 2005 I was in LA on business and met Julie for dinner one night. As we were leaving the restaurant she pointed out Constantine Maroulis sitting at a table.

BTW - my Idol encounter didn't end there. Flash forward 2 weeks. I leave LA, go on vacation in Hawaii, on the way home we have a connection in LAX and I find myself in line to check in for my flight with the Idol top 10 who were kicking off their tour.
I have been meanng to email you since I got back from my trip. I will send you one this week--gotta catch you up on Positano, Ravello, etc. Lots to say! Dina

old fan
old fan

June 10th, 2008, 1:29 pm #17

And here it is, folks...

If you have others, please share !

K-the-O ;-)
K-the-O ;-)

June 11th, 2008, 1:44 am #18

I'm quite the celebrity spotter here in LA, so it's not unusual that I recognize people while I'm out and about. Considering that I live 5 minutes away from where they film "American Idol," it's no surprise that I see the contestants in the "hood." I saw Jordan Sparks and a few of the younger contestants at the mall last year.

I don't usually have a camera with me or feel inspired to take a photo of a celebrity, but I made an exception the other night for Jason Castro. Actually, I lied. I took a photo with my cell phone of Ashton Kutcher when I worked with him on a Nikon commercial recently.

Julie
Julie also likes to yell out her window to trespassers like Lisa Bonet (of Cosby fame).

J/K!!!!

sks
sks

June 11th, 2008, 2:04 am #19

Speaking of Constantine... he was a judge for the U.S. Open auditions at Radio City Music Hall yesterday- along with Laura Bell Bundy and Susie Castillo. Anyway, my niece told me how "scary" Constantine looked because of his long hair. We told her that some people are attracted to men like that and her reply was "yuck" A kids view.. got to love it!

Julie Smith
Julie Smith

June 11th, 2008, 1:54 pm #20

If you have others, please share !
LOL!