Js Mom
Js Mom

August 26th, 2008, 1:35 am #11

Thanks RLS!

km
km

August 26th, 2008, 1:36 am #12

Alexa was offered a part in the ensemble! She's excited!
That is great news!!! Not a small feat, with the huge turnout we had!
Pickwick loves to involve as many people, especially children, in their productions. The director is great at finding ways to incorporate them into as many scenes as possible. For example, when they did "You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown", which doesn't have any children, they had a group of kids do a scene and a song right after intermission. The kids were dressed as the characters and they did a school scene. I was the "wah, wah, wah" voice from behind a chalkboard. Emma was in that, and also played a dancing Woodstock (also not in the original).
Tell your daughter congratulations - and Emma and I will look forward to meeting you both. She'll be home this weekend, and will probably help me with the box office for the show.

RLS
RLS

August 26th, 2008, 2:07 am #13

Thanks RLS!
You're welcome! :O)

Js Mom
Js Mom

August 26th, 2008, 2:24 am #14

Pickwick loves to involve as many people, especially children, in their productions. The director is great at finding ways to incorporate them into as many scenes as possible. For example, when they did "You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown", which doesn't have any children, they had a group of kids do a scene and a song right after intermission. The kids were dressed as the characters and they did a school scene. I was the "wah, wah, wah" voice from behind a chalkboard. Emma was in that, and also played a dancing Woodstock (also not in the original).
Tell your daughter congratulations - and Emma and I will look forward to meeting you both. She'll be home this weekend, and will probably help me with the box office for the show.
Thank you! We both look forward to meeting you and Emma, too!

August 26th, 2008, 11:20 am #15

Alexa was offered a part in the ensemble! She's excited!
nmi

Js Mom
Js Mom

August 26th, 2008, 12:32 pm #16

Thanks, Cecile! Alexa was impressed that support for her came all the way from France!

Katherine
Katherine

August 26th, 2008, 3:43 pm #17

Sorry if this is too nosy, but you said that your DD will be home this weekend. Is she still in Gypsy?

Elizabeth
Elizabeth

August 26th, 2008, 6:30 pm #18

nmi
Sounds like a great opportunity

Js Mom
Js Mom

August 26th, 2008, 9:03 pm #19

Thanks, Elizabeth! She's looking forward to it!

Ale
Ale

August 26th, 2008, 9:04 pm #20

nmi
nmi