to K the O

to K the O

Fantastic5
Fantastic5

April 9th, 2008, 4:44 pm #1

It's Fantasti5... you asked me a question after my review on the Colorado Springs show and I never answered you... I wasn't sure if you'd see it as a response, since that message is now much lower on the page... anyway... Yes we have seen Annie before although my daughter was much younger. Since then she has grown to love the theater and would much rather be on stage performing than in the audience watching. But, back to your question... we saw the tour in March 2000 when Meredith Bull was Annie, and again in January 2001 at the Buell Theater in Denver. Does anyone know who the orphans were in 2001... I can't find my playbill from that show, and I don't remember. I guess I could look it up on the internet... anyway, thanks for asking.

K-the-O ;-)
K-the-O ;-)

April 11th, 2008, 3:00 am #2

Thanks for the response

I think I saw the same tour back in 2000. I keep forgetting if I saw Meredith Bull or someone else. All I remember is that nearly everyone in the cast sick. VERY sick. It was kind of a disaster, unfortunately.

Will you go to the Reagle Players production of Annie? See Rachel's thread about Sally Struthers

fantastic5
fantastic5

April 11th, 2008, 3:31 pm #3

we live in Colorado, so it would be a little far to go for a show. I look forward to hearing about it though...

Wow... you have a good memory... I don't remember the cast being sick when we saw it. I actually don't remember too much about it... my memory is failing me in my "old age"!! HaHa

K-the-O ;-)
K-the-O ;-)

April 11th, 2008, 6:25 pm #4

Oh, for some reason I thought you were in the Boston area.

But yeah, a cross-country trip to see Sally and Robert would be considered 'obsessed'

Ned
Ned

April 12th, 2008, 1:00 pm #5

Hey, if I went to see Sally and Robert from Guam, that would really be obsessed. But I would love to. There isn't much theatre here.

K-the-O ;-)
K-the-O ;-)

April 12th, 2008, 1:36 pm #6

Get out! You're in Guam? Wow.

I wouldn't be surprised if Annie played in Guam back in the day.

And yeah, I'd be a bit worried if you went to this small city in MA to see Annie

Ned
Ned

April 13th, 2008, 12:51 pm #7

"Rent" played here in January from a Sunday to Wednesday night, not really optimum theatre days for me because I'm a college professor. Last year a high school did "South Pacific." I would really love to see the new revival of that on Broadway. I am glad that I caught "110 in the Shade" and "Deuce" during a trip to PA over the summer. I took the bus into NY with a friend. I even dragged her to the stage door to meet Marian Seldes and Angela Lansbury and Audra McDonald and company. Maybe "Annie" has played here, but I'm sure it's quite different with Asians, Filipinos, Chamorros (native Guamanians), etc. There's lots of military kids here as well.
If you go see "Annie" there during the summer, I'd love to hear about it. I always wondered how Sally Struther was as Hannigan. Somehow I can only picture her as Gloria. And to see Robert Fitch!!! Oh, well. "Maybe" another time. I would also like to see Donna McKechnie again. I enjoyed seeing her in "Annie Warbucks" and "State Fair."
Received word from Alene Robertson the other week that she is going to be in "Nunsence," "Mame," and "The Full Monty" this year. She is such a nice person, and talented, too. I'm always glad when good things happen to good people. I'm looking forward to hearing her on the new "Annie" CD. I loved her in "Annie Warbucks," both live and on CD.
I just thought of something funny. I wonder how Carol Channing would be as Miss Hannigan. Now that I would travel around the world to see. When I saw her in Phila. in "Hello Dolly," she gave a 15 minute speech after the curtain call about how nice it was to be back in Philly. She was only half coherent, and that was at least ten years ago.
This forum is so much fun. I can't believe how long it took me to find it. I LOVE "ANNIE"!!