Tianna Stevens Pittsburgh interview

Tianna Stevens Pittsburgh interview

Marie
Marie

December 26th, 2008, 6:15 am #1

RLS
RLS

December 26th, 2008, 8:49 am #2

Darn! I was really hoping that they would have a clip of Tianna performing! I don't mind seeing Amanda, but my daughter and I are really looking forward to seeing Tianna! She looks a little older than I thought she would in that clip.

Please, don't anyone take that the wrong way. I don't mean that as an insult and i am not saying that she is too old for the role at all... She's the right age and she does look age appropriate for the part (she reminded me of Aileen in that clip). I just think that some of the pics that I've seen are a bit older than I realized they were, that's all. She looks like she'd make a really cute Annie. I hope that we get to see it this time around...

Suzanne
Suzanne

December 26th, 2008, 10:57 am #3

Thank you for sharing this interview... I found it odd that in the past interviews that I have seen with other Annie girls, that clips of them were used, I wonder why there are not many photos or clips of Tianna in her role. I too enjoy watching the videos of Amanda, but when it comes to this new leg of the tour and interviews or reviews, it is nice to hear and see Tianna. I've heard that the souvenier programs are also from Amandas run as Annie.

Anon
Anon

December 26th, 2008, 3:27 pm #4

This is a non-union tour, so they can use the clips from the past tour as it was non-union. I am not at all in the know as to why they use the old clips, so this is my guess. They had to get new clips last year because they could not use the ones from the equity tour. But with the non-union tour they can continue to use them on the non-union tour. My guess, who doesn't want to save money right now.

old fan
old fan

December 26th, 2008, 5:10 pm #5

It would have been nice to see Tianna in action, I agree. She seems like a poised & well-spoken, likable girl.

Emma
Emma

December 26th, 2008, 6:25 pm #6

She reminds me soooo much of Abigail Breslin in this clip.. I don't know why just the way she answers the questions and stuff.

Chrissy
Chrissy

December 26th, 2008, 6:38 pm #7

Tianna seems very well-spoken for 12 years old.
I also wish they had used clips of Tianna so we could see her in action.
Hopefully she will still be playing Annie in mid-May as I am getting tickets
to see the show during their one-nighter in Brooklyn.

Claire
Claire

December 27th, 2008, 9:43 pm #8

This must have been one of the first interviews she's ever done, because she sounded really shy. Something that I've noticed is that a lot of theatre people get very nervous in interviews. They can perform wonderfully as a character in front of hundreds of people, but when it comes to answering questions they kinda close up and get shy.

She's cute though. I actually thought she was about ten, I wasn't expecting her to say that she was twelve.

Allie
Allie

December 28th, 2008, 1:28 am #9

When we met Tianna in person she was very friendly and bubbily. I think her personality is just like Annie's outside of the show. She may have just been a little nervous since it was tv. She was very talkative to me and my daughter. As many times I had met Brittny Kissinger during her Annie days I can't remember her ever really saying one word to the kid or adult fans. I think her particular personality offstage was more shy. Tianna seems very outgoing. We loved her!

Guy Smiley
Guy Smiley

December 31st, 2008, 6:41 pm #10

That was cute. Tianna seems very sweet (and shy!). I love Dave's story about why he auditioned. I noticed he has a bit of a southern accent (it seems). I wonder if that ever creeps into his performance?

I also wish the clips had been of Tianna. It looked silly to show Amanda while interviewing Tianna, as if we would think they were the same person. Duh