This Year's Tour

BroadwayBellesMom
BroadwayBellesMom

November 21st, 2008, 6:26 pm #1

Anyone know why the tour is hitting such small towns? When my daughter attended the audition, Martin Charnin told us it was going to hit only major cities and then possibly China in the summer. He also said this might be the last year of the tour .. But, this tour really seems to be shirking major cities for the most part...could this really be the end?

Tony
Tony

November 21st, 2008, 7:18 pm #2

The Equity tour and last years tour already hit every major city. Once a tour has been out this long they usually start doing C and D markets which are usually 1 nighters. I think LA and Anchorage were the only full weeks I saw on the schedule. And I think its odd that is coming back to the KODAK when it was just here two years ago.

Also...
Also...

November 21st, 2008, 7:28 pm #3

Maybe that also explains why they are still using Amanda's photo to promote this tour, instead of the new girl.

Lisa
Lisa

November 21st, 2008, 8:12 pm #4

?

Allie
Allie

November 21st, 2008, 8:38 pm #5

Tianna Stevens in the new Annie. She is just wonderful! She has everything going for her-personality, the voice, stage presence. We were amazed with Tianna. She is definitely one of the best Annie's I have ever seen! What is also great about her is that she age appropriate for Annie. I saw Brittny when she was 8/9. Tianna is 11? and fits the role perfectly. You will love her!

Heather
Heather

November 21st, 2008, 8:39 pm #6

Anyone know why the tour is hitting such small towns? When my daughter attended the audition, Martin Charnin told us it was going to hit only major cities and then possibly China in the summer. He also said this might be the last year of the tour .. But, this tour really seems to be shirking major cities for the most part...could this really be the end?
I believe this tour has at least 10 or 12 week long engagements.

BroadwayBellesMom
BroadwayBellesMom

November 22nd, 2008, 3:01 am #7

Maybe that also explains why they are still using Amanda's photo to promote this tour, instead of the new girl.
It's just weird since Martin said they were ONLY going to hit major cities, but makes sense that they wouldn't.

MAYBE????
MAYBE????

November 25th, 2008, 7:48 pm #8

i have also heard the reason the tour is ending is because it might go back on broadway.....

Julie Smith
Julie Smith

November 26th, 2008, 2:15 pm #9

I thought that I saw that it was playing at the Fisher Theatre in Detroit. That's a pretty big venue. In fact, it is where I first saw Annie with Theda Stemler and the following year with Bridgett Walsh.

BroadwayBellesMom
BroadwayBellesMom

November 26th, 2008, 2:37 pm #10

All I know is, I was in the room at the very end of the auditions in September when Martin Charnin said that they would ONLY be hitting MAJOR cities this year, so I don't know, but whatever, I don't really care since my daughter didn't make the tour this year. I was told they were keeping an eye on her for next year or possibly replacement if necessary, but that, like I said, this may be the last year of the tour. I do remember hearing rumor of the show going back on Broadway as well. That would be nice!