the best rendition of "Tomorrow"?

guyinNYC
guyinNYC

November 21st, 2008, 12:39 am #1

I have to say the best version I have ever heard of this song, by anyone older or younger, has to be Andrea McArdle's version in the Broadway Plans Washington video on this website. It's even better than Andrea's original childhood rendition. Her voice is so amazing in that video, so strong and clear and ridiculously powerful and she just looks and sounds so classy and mature. The energy in that room seems to be "ok, THIS is how it's done". I got the sense that even the other Annie's behind the piano felt that way too. Of course I could be projecting, since it's just my own opinion. And Andrea is forgiven for the poofy pink glinda the good witch sleeves on her dress.

What's your favorite version?

old fan
old fan

November 21st, 2008, 1:23 am #2

...I felt that on Broadway Plays Washington, every Annie there did a fabulous job with the song she was given. Andrea of course, being the first Annie, got Tomorrow. But she is my favorite Annie anyway ! This was a good rendition, but I think her voice got even more powerful as she got older.

Jon Merrill
Jon Merrill

November 21st, 2008, 1:47 am #3

I have to say the best version I have ever heard of this song, by anyone older or younger, has to be Andrea McArdle's version in the Broadway Plans Washington video on this website. It's even better than Andrea's original childhood rendition. Her voice is so amazing in that video, so strong and clear and ridiculously powerful and she just looks and sounds so classy and mature. The energy in that room seems to be "ok, THIS is how it's done". I got the sense that even the other Annie's behind the piano felt that way too. Of course I could be projecting, since it's just my own opinion. And Andrea is forgiven for the poofy pink glinda the good witch sleeves on her dress.

I have always been partial to the way Louanne did it at 9 years old in 1979 on the Jerry Lewis Telethon.

guyinNYC
guyinNYC

November 21st, 2008, 3:31 am #4

...I felt that on Broadway Plays Washington, every Annie there did a fabulous job with the song she was given. Andrea of course, being the first Annie, got Tomorrow. But she is my favorite Annie anyway ! This was a good rendition, but I think her voice got even more powerful as she got older.
she already had a really powerful, interesting voice as a kid, but as an adult she is a downright amazing singer. I agree that her voice became more powerful as she got older. It also became prettier, richer and more varied, like she can go back and forth between powerhouse belting and soft, sweet crooning and never miss a beat.

I don't mean to take anything away from the other Annie's. I agree with you that they all did a solid job at that Washington performance.

guyinNYC
guyinNYC

November 21st, 2008, 3:35 am #5

I have always been partial to the way Louanne did it at 9 years old in 1979 on the Jerry Lewis Telethon.
is there a video of that anywhere?

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

November 21st, 2008, 3:52 am #6

If you go to the video page and click on the tab that says 2nd National, there are several clips of Louanne singing "Tomorrow"

http://www.annieorphans.com/videofiles/videoshell.html

Julie

Lori
Lori

November 21st, 2008, 6:39 am #7

Andrea has done the best version of the song followed by Joanna Pacitti. Lounne to me sounded flat on the "tomorrows" good actress though. If you want to hear Andrea sound amazing listen to her sing "Whereever He Ain't" from Jery's Girls.

old fan
old fan

November 21st, 2008, 1:18 pm #8

She's always been one of my favorites...and Allison...and !!! So many ! I would also add that Louanne and Allison were the best actresses in the part that I ever saw on stage.